Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cats suffering from 'Tom and Jerry' syndrome

tom and jerry cats vets seizures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,615 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

If you ever irritated by the sound of your spouse crinkling a packet of crisps, or rustling with a newspaper, then spare a thought for your cat.

Vets are investigating an apparently new phenomenon whereby pet cats are suffering seizures triggered by everyday sounds around the house.

http://www.telegraph...y-syndrome.html

Posted Image

#2    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,930 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

That's an interesting story. I haven't noticed any of this kind of behavior in my cat. Clicking my tongue is one of the ways I call him other than saying his name. If he couldn't take the sound of a computer mouse clicking, I may never see him except at bedtime. :no:  I don't think I'll ever see the day when he isn't right there when he hears me open the cabinet and get his food out. Or any time I open a cabinet. :P

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users