Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Posnansky's Astro-alignments, etc.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Willie B Herd

Willie B Herd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• No evidence doesn't automatically mean it's impossible.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Posnansky studied this site for 50 yrs!!!...and he used the 'celestial hemesphere' method to date Tiawanaku's (Tia) construction @ 15,000 BC!

Scientific facts tell us that Lake Titicaca's water level was very near the Tia Complex, but dropped dramatically about 4,000 yrs. ago, (about 2,000 BC). The Pre-Incan ppl may have had structures built @ Tia BEFORE the lake's water level dropped...BUT AFTER this event, they had to deal w/ a Northerly flowing river in the basin, and they built their water management systems, etc. accordingly. Therefore, the Tia Complex we see today is no more than 4,000 yrs. old. (approx.)

Kalasasaya MAY have contained a calender @ one time, BUT how could anyone in the past 200 yrs. have determined this?? Looking @ old photos of the site, (from the 1880's) ALL I see is a large flat rectangular area w/ a few large pillars of stone located around its perimeter.

Supposedly (according to Posnansky, etc.) there are 11 evenly spaced pillars located along its Western edge that, (during sunsets) each would align to the 'sight stone' @ a specific time, and determined day/month, etc. of yr. Also the "Sun Gate" was somehow involved here.

Fact is, the 'sight stone' was moved at least once, (by Posnansky) and the 'Sun Gate' was moved and also repaired. Not to mention the many earthquake and flood events that have occurred, (causing the pillars to shift from their original positions) since  the site was abandoned in approx 1,000 AD, and the widespread pillaging, etc. of stones @ the site since then.

How can anyone possibly accurately determine ANY astro-alignments @ this site??? And/or its age???

ONLY STONE STANDS THE TEST OF TIME.

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,359 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Wille B Herd?
Willie B Comingback is more like it ;)

#3    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,647 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 02 December 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Wille B Herd?
Willie B Comingback is more like it ;)

Hopefully not until he learns the magic of the Search function.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 03 December 2013 - 02:16 AM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#4    Willie B Herd

Willie B Herd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Not coming back, first time here. Any thoughts on the subject???

#5    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,467 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

My thoughts parallel yours, apparently, in that Posnansky's estimate of age deserved the dustbin it landed in.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#6    Willie B Herd

Willie B Herd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Amazingly, his book (Vol. 1 and 2) is listed on Amazon for $899!!!!!!!!!!!! :td:

It's extremely difficult to find quality Reference Material on this site....esp @ a reasonable price. It seems this generation of Archaeologists aren't giving it away either.

ONLINE: the Bennett papers are good, but very limited in scope/info. IF interested, search 'Tiawanaku-A City Lost In Time' (Atlantisbolivia site) for info and several links. W

Edited by Willie B Herd, 05 December 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#7    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,341 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostWillie B Herd, on 05 December 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

Amazingly, his book (Vol. 1 and 2) is listed on Amazon for $899!!!!!!!!!!!! :td:

It's extremely difficult to find quality Reference Material on this site....esp @ a reasonable price. It seems this generation of Archaeologists aren't giving it away either.

ONLINE: the Bennett papers are good, but very limited in scope/info. IF interested, search 'Tiawanaku-A City Lost In Time' (Atlantisbolivia site) for info and several links. W

Personal thanks for rather quickly revealing your wholly misguided agenda. The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages are more than a bit aware of the extreme gross fallacies that you are attempting to promote.

Kindly consider utilizing the search function that is readily available.

#8    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,889 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostSwede, on 06 December 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Personal thanks for rather quickly revealing your wholly misguided agenda. The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages are more than a bit aware of the extreme gross fallacies that you are attempting to promote.

Kindly consider utilizing the search function that is readily available.

The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages figured this one out rather fast I am sure, but we owe our thanks to Mr. Herd to make it blatantly obvious for even the not-so-experienced and not-so-astute astute readers/contributors to these pages.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#9    Willie B Herd

Willie B Herd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 06 December 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages figured this one out rather fast I am sure, but we owe our thanks to Mr. Herd to make it blatantly obvious for even the not-so-experienced and not-so-astute astute readers/contributors to these pages.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Swede, HUH??? :unsure2: My agenda IS to discuss the topic @ hand. :rolleyes:

Badeskov, and all, you are welcome. B)

Edited by Willie B Herd, 06 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#10    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,341 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 06 December 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

Hi Bade,

Chuckle! Yes, it may well be that the overall readership does indeed owe a bit of thanks to "Mr. Herd" for not prolonging the evaluation any longer than necessary.

#11    Willie B Herd

Willie B Herd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

According to Pos, and his interpretation of the calender: the Pre  Incas knew the summer to winter (solstice) sunsets differ from the winter to summer sunsets, and they were one of the first ppl on earth to know this!

RE verticle sun angles: I've been checking my little 'sundial' @ 36 deg N, and w/ a 6' post the shadow @ about midday is 9' 6" long @ winter solstice, (Dec 21st)...and today it was only 1/2" away from this. :santa:

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,088 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

As to pillars lining up with other landmarks. If you are in the Northern or Souther Hemispheres away from the equator, and you put two sticks in the ground, each will point at the other once each day.

For sight aligned pillars and such there has to be evidence that they aligned on specific dates and specific times, otherwise they are just pillars.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    Willie B Herd

Willie B Herd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

I agree, one point I was making is that the 11 pillars Posnansky used to sight have probably been moved more that slightly by earthquakes, flashfloods, etc. Not to mention having the option/opportunity to move the 'sight-stone' to advance the legitamacy of his theories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users