Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bridgewater Mass. sighting, Nov. 20th

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

what are these?

#2    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 02 December 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

what are these?

Some are saying Chinese lanterns but they appear to be too fast.  Interesting footage; the camera man was certainly impressed anyway!

Posted Image

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

what are these?

Chinese, mass-hallucination, sexual-abuse lanterns.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,133 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

Are the Chinese lanterns dangerous for aviation? They can raise up higher to 1000 feet lol. Wondering what happens if the go in to the vent of a jet engine or even it's turbines.

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

I have a wallpaper that has these in it.  I always kinda wondered where the picture came from and tended to think of them as lights in the dark forest of beings I don't want to encounter.

#6    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,226 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

what are these?

Are they in the air?

The clip keeps pushing upwards, like he is trying to cover the fact that despite the comments of "straight up" that does not seem to be the case at all.

I would take a guess that is some sort of night sports event on an adjacent hill. Bikes headlights or something similar I would think. Perhaps at the end of a race, or start of it, all gathering to a start point.

Edited by psyche101, 03 December 2013 - 06:52 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,226 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 03 December 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Are the Chinese lanterns dangerous for aviation? They can raise up higher to 1000 feet lol. Wondering what happens if the go in to the vent of a jet engine or even it's turbines.

It all that has honestly stopped me form sending up a few UFO's of my own to entertain the kids.

I see planes all the time, I assume I am in a flight path, but pretty high above me.

Edited by psyche101, 03 December 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 13,312 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

what are these?

Chinese lanterns. Simple. Thats why they are never filmed descending, only ever ascending, and no-one ever bothers to look for traces of where they may have 'took off' from even if they really think its ufo's. Go figure!   If I saw a load of lights rising over a field Id for sure go look for landing evidence.

But in the case of these lanterns, no-one ever thinks of that  :tu:

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#9    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 37,226 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Some are saying Chinese lanterns but they appear to be too fast.  Interesting footage; the camera man was certainly impressed anyway!

What's the maximum speed of a Chinese Lantern?

#10    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 03 December 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

They could be.  Any debris in a jet intake can damage the turbine.

They are known to start fires if they come down before burning out.

#11    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

what are these?

That is EXACTLY what it looked like the last time we played with Chinese lanterns.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#12    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postsinewave, on 03 December 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

They could be.  Any debris in a jet intake can damage the turbine.

Jet engines are designed to take in ridiculous amounts of debris and continue running. They test them by throwing chunks of ice into the intakes. They even test them with dead chickens. A Chinese lantern would go through them like butter.

But Chinese lanterns have (finally) been banned in many parts of the country. Some people have figured out it's not a good idea to send fire floating uncontrolled into the sky, especially during the summer.

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 13,312 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postscowl, on 03 December 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Jet engines are designed to take in ridiculous amounts of debris and continue running.

Man sucked in Jet engine... (and lived)

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#14    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

View Postscowl, on 03 December 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Jet engines are designed to take in ridiculous amounts of debris and continue running. They test them by throwing chunks of ice into the intakes. They even test them with dead chickens. A Chinese lantern would go through them like butter.

But Chinese lanterns have (finally) been banned in many parts of the country. Some people have figured out it's not a good idea to send fire floating uncontrolled into the sky, especially during the summer.

Yeah, I have seen the tests where they launch frozen chickens into running turbines.  Ain't pretty.  The engines usually survive it but not without damage.

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

I agree with the Chinese Lanterns theory. Looks exactly like what I've experienced the few times I've seen them.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users