Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Debris from China's launch smashes house

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,242 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Space invader! Man claims debris from rocket carrying China's first moon rover crashed through the roof of his house

The incident is believed to have occurred nine minutes after the launch of the Chang'e-3 mission in Suining county in Hunan, China
People living close to the launch site claim debris crashed into two homes
The area has been hit by space wreckage nearly 20 times over the years, according to a Chinese newspaper

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2mRRBCnWP

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

The guy probably wishes he could move.  :(

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,242 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postand then, on 03 December 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

:lol: hehe yeh, probably no compensation culture there either...

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postand then, on 03 December 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Yep, to the moon, its seems the safest place to be....at the moment.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,390 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

"20 times over the years" Remind me not to invest in housing or business property in that area...   :passifier:

#6    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,180 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Chang'e 3 has shown both the best and the worst side of modern China.

The best: it is a forward thinking nation that has invested heavily in science and technology in an effort to become an advance modern society.

The worst: the seemingly total disregard for the day to day welfare of it's citizens.

I respect an even envy some of what China has achieved and is attempting but I'm bloody glad I don't live there.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users