Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Man survives three days under water

man survivessunken ship harrison odjegba okene

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,935 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) -- Entombed at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in an upended tugboat for three days, Harrison Odjegba Okene begged God for a miracle.
Posted ImageHarrison Odjegba Okene looks in awe as a rescue diver surfaces into the air pocket which has kept Okene alive for nearly three days, recorded by the diver's headcam video the full impact of the miraculous encounter becomes plain the see.DCN Diving via The Associated Press
The Nigerian cook survived by breathing an ever-dwindling supply of oxygen in an air pocket. A video of Okene's rescue in May that was posted on the Internet more than six months later has gone viral this week.
As the temperature dropped to freezing, Okene, dressed only in boxer shorts, recited the last psalm his wife had sent by text message, sometimes called the Prayer for Deliverance: "Oh God, by your name, save me. ... The Lord sustains my life."

READ MORE

Wow, that is one lucky man. I guess this video is more than six months old but it's recently gone viral and this is the first I've seen it.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,084 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

I think its a miracle he survived and was found in time.  Poor guy, that would of been so scary being trapped down there for that long.

#3    bulveye

bulveye

Poltergeist

• 2,301 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

I think he is one of the luckiest men in the world to have survived this. Guess God must like him.

Julian: "You're prostituting yourself out for cheeseburgers again, aren't you?"
Randy: "A man's gotta eat, Julian."      ~ Trailer Park Boys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users