Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Obama on equality


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Pyridium

Pyridium

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2012

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Just watching Pres. Obama on msnbc on his equality speech.  Our future will require less workers and more consumerism.  The national debt is not a problem, it is the investment we have made in America.  The health care insurers are bailed out by the ACA law.  The bill allows the govt to insure the insurers.  They will not lose a penny, period.  Any losses by the ACA will be reimbursed by the govt.  Obama made sure the insurers will survive a total economic collapse to impose a single payer system in an emergency order.  Next will come the take over of the business sector and private sector and make wages equal across the board, regulated by the govt. of course.  The govt will regulate how much you can make, how much you can spend, how much gas you can have, how much education you need and we all turn into a colony of ants with every aspect of our lives regulated by the man, the holy one, our savior.  Those not able to work will be afforded a life style equal to everyone else, what a great deal.  You rock, Obama.


#2    andy4

andy4

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fl

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostPyridium, on 04 December 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Just watching Pres. Obama on msnbc on his equality speech.  Our future will require less workers and more consumerism.  The national debt is not a problem, it is the investment we have made in America.  The health care insurers are bailed out by the ACA law.  The bill allows the govt to insure the insurers.  They will not lose a penny, period.  Any losses by the ACA will be reimbursed by the govt.  Obama made sure the insurers will survive a total economic collapse to impose a single payer system in an emergency order.  Next will come the take over of the business sector and private sector and make wages equal across the board, regulated by the govt. of course.  The govt will regulate how much you can make, how much you can spend, how much gas you can have, how much education you need and we all turn into a colony of ants with every aspect of our lives regulated by the man, the holy one, our savior.  Those not able to work will be afforded a life style equal to everyone else, what a great deal.  You rock, Obama.

Here we go again with that ridiculous argument. The government does not, and will never control anything you just posted about. Just because they want people to be able to live debt free so we can pay our medical bills is a whole other story.

Not to mention they already regulate how much you make, it's called minimum wage. And Obama can be your savior, because he's not mine.

Edited by andy4, 04 December 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#3    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,398 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Wrong Andy. The government can not regulate how much you make. They can only regulate a minimum of how much one can earn in one hour.

Posted Image

#4    andy4

andy4

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fl

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostF3SS, on 04 December 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Wrong Andy. The government can not regulate how much you make. They can only regulate a minimum of how much one can earn in one hour.

You're right, but I was just saying they have a hand in how much some people make anyways. Surely they don't cap your salary wherever you work, but it is already somewhat regulated by them. Which in the end regulates how much you make in a year at said minimum wage job. But that is a good thing to have a minimum wage.

In no way do I even think that they will regulate how much anyone can make in a year anywhere at any salary. The op was just a bunch of nonsense as far as I was concerned. Just another paranoid post from someone who doesn't understand what they are saying.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#5    Purifier

Purifier

    Psychic Eye

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Wild Card

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Speaking of equality...


I saw a quote in somebody's sig on another website forum a while back, which for the life of me I can not recall the website, but it went like this:

Quote

Capitalism is the unequal distribution of wealth. Socialism is the equal distribution of poverty.


Kinda reminds me of the hammer or the nail choice scenario, as the U.S. population grows. :D

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,821 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostPyridium, on 04 December 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Just watching Pres. Obama on msnbc on his equality speech.  Our future will require less workers and more consumerism.  The national debt is not a problem, it is the investment we have made in America.  The health care insurers are bailed out by the ACA law.  The bill allows the govt to insure the insurers.  They will not lose a penny, period.  Any losses by the ACA will be reimbursed by the govt.  Obama made sure the insurers will survive a total economic collapse to impose a single payer system in an emergency order.  Next will come the take over of the business sector and private sector and make wages equal across the board, regulated by the govt. of course.  The govt will regulate how much you can make, how much you can spend, how much gas you can have, how much education you need and we all turn into a colony of ants with every aspect of our lives regulated by the man, the holy one, our savior.  Those not able to work will be afforded a life style equal to everyone else, what a great deal.  You rock, Obama.

I believe it could very well go that way. Into the total nanny state. But it will happen in Europe first, and probably in Australia and Japan too. The US will be a little behind them. Ultimately the take over by the government always seems to fail before it gets to total control, as humans will put up with total crap governance for only so long. Perhaps with technology to distract us, like the Romans had the colloseum, the government can take more faster. But, ultimately the equivalent of the Visigoths will come and sack Rome and the US Empire will crumble into a handfull of successor states, all with a lot of personal freedoms, and the cycle will begin again.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    sam12six

sam12six

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Georgia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 December 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

I believe it could very well go that way. Into the total nanny state. But it will happen in Europe first, and probably in Australia and Japan too. The US will be a little behind them. Ultimately the take over by the government always seems to fail before it gets to total control, as humans will put up with total crap governance for only so long.

While I agree completely with the second part of what you said, I'm not sure I agree with this. Societies throughout history have seen the general populace live under what we'd call absolute control (serfs/nobility), sometimes for hundreds of years without a general uprising. I'd like to think you're right and people will take a stand before things get to that point, but based on history, we won't.


#8    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dunwich USA

  • "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 December 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

I believe it could very well go that way. Into the total nanny state. But it will happen in Europe first, and probably in Australia and Japan too. The US will be a little behind them. Ultimately the take over by the government always seems to fail before it gets to total control, as humans will put up with total crap governance for only so long. Perhaps with technology to distract us, like the Romans had the colloseum, the government can take more faster. But, ultimately the equivalent of the Visigoths will come and sack Rome and the US Empire will crumble into a handfull of successor states, all with a lot of personal freedoms, and the cycle will begin again.

Bread and circuses. again are we insane? doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome. All I can say is history is a b**** learn it now or relive it later.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,305 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostPyridium, on 04 December 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

less workers and more consumerism.
How the bollocky heck does that work?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,002 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostF3SS, on 04 December 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Wrong Andy. The government can not regulate how much you make. They can only regulate a minimum of how much one can earn in one hour.
And if they make that minimum more than what your labor actually adds in value, the job will disappear.

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 05 December 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

How the bollocky heck does that work?
I suppose by replacing workers with robots.


#11    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,444 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 December 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

I suppose by replacing workers with robots.
Oh so the robots take the paychecks of the replaced workers and consume spend them on all kinds of consumer products for robots, that makes sense.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,002 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

Actually the money that would have been paid the employees goes to the owners of the enterprise.  So maybe the key is socialism where everyone owns all enterprises.


#13    Pyridium

Pyridium

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2012

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Everyone owns everything is the heart of communism.  Socialism is where a central government owns everything and equally rations everything to all.  All consumer goods are produced by govt. workers in govt. factories.  All profits go to the govt.  All workers will be paid equally according to their job title.  Managers and Executives just get a few bucks more but get a better car and housing allowance.  This is the result of wealth redistribution.  Exactly what Obama is doing.

With  today's technology, and world reliance on computers, if the market drops 4,000 points in a week and people begin a run on the banks...it will be easy for govt. to freeze everything in place, transfer ownership of all banks and business to the govt.  We know that businesses have a huge excess of reserve capital that could be instantly used to pay off our entire national debt.  Obama will keep us safe from neighbor robbing neighbor for food, water and fuel.  Long live the KING!

Edited by Pyridium, 05 December 2013 - 04:57 PM.


#14    andy4

andy4

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fl

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostPyridium, on 05 December 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Everyone owns everything is the heart of communism.  Socialism is where a central government owns everything and equally rations everything to all.  All consumer goods are produced by govt. workers in govt. factories.  All profits go to the govt.  All workers will be paid equally according to their job title.  Managers and Executives just get a few bucks more but get a better car and housing allowance.  This is the result of wealth redistribution.  Exactly what Obama is doing.

With  today's technology, and world reliance on computers, if the market drops 4,000 points in a week and people begin a run on the banks...it will be easy for govt. to freeze everything in place, transfer ownership of all banks and business to the govt.  We know that businesses have a huge excess of reserve capital that could be instantly used to pay off our entire national debt.  Obama will keep us safe from neighbor robbing neighbor for food, water and fuel.  Long live the KING!

I don't necessarily see how some form of socialism is bad for the American economy at this point. If wealth redistribution is happening in this country then perhaps some excess money trimmed off the wealthy will do us good. If their taxes were raised lets say, then since the government is broke they'd be doing more to help fix the debt problem. This would no doubt help to pay for things used by the less fortunate through welfare or some social programs that are funded by the government. Especially if they are more readily available, and the poor can spend less on themselves and save money. And maybe this would mean they would also have more money in their pockets if their taxes are lowered if the rich paid more. I can't see how this wouldn't create economic growth in some way.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,821 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

View Postandy4, on 06 December 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

I don't necessarily see how some form of socialism is bad for the American economy at this point. If wealth redistribution is happening in this country then perhaps some excess money trimmed off the wealthy will do us good. If their taxes were raised lets say, then since the government is broke they'd be doing more to help fix the debt problem. This would no doubt help to pay for things used by the less fortunate through welfare or some social programs that are funded by the government. Especially if they are more readily available, and the poor can spend less on themselves and save money. And maybe this would mean they would also have more money in their pockets if their taxes are lowered if the rich paid more. I can't see how this wouldn't create economic growth in some way.
I think Mao's little red book says much the same.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users