Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

" UFO " over Mount Graham, Arizona

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,844 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

Have you checked heavens above?

Jupiter does seem to be rather bright right now, it has been catching my eye for about 2 weeks now. Any chance high cloud cover could obscure the view on certain nights?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#17    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,584 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

How about Venus ! Its Rockin this Month In Big-D ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#18    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,273 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

I just got star chart. The light was there earlier, but gone. Not Venus.

I am wondering if it could be Hubble?..Or the space station?.....Maybe when the sun hits it just right on the solar panels?

Will look more into it on my day off. I saw it on my way way home, and the wife saw it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 4,046 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

Sakari, you are aware that sky moves overhead and that Venus is only up for a coupla hours?  And that later, another bright star will have moved to a vaguely similar height, if not azimuth? ( eg Fomalhaut, Canopus, Rigel or Sirius, Procyon or Jupiter being likely candidates at the moment, depending on where you are looking..

You really need to carefully note the time and your direction of view (N, E, SW..?) and the angular height above horizon.  Horizon = 0 degrees, overhead = 90, a fist at arms length is about ten degrees, btw...

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#20    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• 2,304 posts

• "Eve's eve, a new beginning."

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Could be a stationary satellite that turns it's reflectors into the sunlight to keep it charged. That could be why it is there,
then isn't.

#21    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

One of these, perhaps ?

http://en.wikipedia....onous_satellite

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#22    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 4,270 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 December 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

I just got star chart. The light was there earlier, but gone. Not Venus. I am wondering if it could be Hubble?..Or the space station?.....Maybe when the sun hits it just right on the solar panels? Will look more into it on my day off. I saw it on my way way home, and the wife saw it.

It´s not ISS or Hubble as both are moving very quickly around the planet.

Download STELLARIUM, it´s interaktiv, for free and a very good tool for star-friends. You can add your location and it will show you always whats going on up there (conventional). Don´t talk, try it!

http://www.stellarium.org/en_GB/

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#23    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

I see that from where you are, the observatory is to the Southwest. That could mean your light is a satellite in a geosynchronous orbit over the equator well to the West of you, which would explain both its apparent non-movement and on-and-off nature (it would be in sunlight well into your night, but not all night).

Edited by PersonFromPorlock, 06 December 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#24    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,273 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

Thank you all.

I am pretty sure it is Venus. I think the suggestion another star was there later may be it. I did first tell my wife it was a planet. It was when she said " why is it gone then ".....Then it came back.

Power of suggestion....I hit it, hook, line, and sinker.

I used Sky chart, and Venus lines up.

:tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,960 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostSakari, on 08 December 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Thank you all.

I am pretty sure it is Venus. I think the suggestion another star was there later may be it. I did first tell my wife it was a planet. It was when she said " why is it gone then ".....Then it came back.

Power of suggestion....I hit it, hook, line, and sinker.

I used Sky chart, and Venus lines up.

:tu:
President Jimmy Carter once reported Venus as a UFO. Claimed it was following him, I believe.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 4,046 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Nice work, Sakari!

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#27    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 December 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

President Jimmy Carter once reported Venus as a UFO. Claimed it was following him, I believe.
say what????

#28    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,960 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 09 December 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

say what????
http://en.wikipedia....er_UFO_incident

http://voices.yahoo....an-1458913.html

Edited by DieChecker, 09 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#29    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Interesting. I did not know that he thought it was possibly Venus.

#30    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,844 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 09 December 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Interesting. I did not know that he thought it was possibly Venus.

I have only linked you and quoted his own words to you about 4 times, so I can see how that might have slipped past you........

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users