Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question: Replying to multiple posts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

If you reply to several posts, say... 3 posts, and they are all merged into one reply post, do you get 3 posts added to your total, or just one? Just curious... :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker, 04 December 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I would guess 1 post counts as 1 post regardless of many replies it includes.

Now there are two posts in this thread the next poster can reply to both of us and check the post count afterwards. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 05 December 2013 - 12:28 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,108 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 05 December 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Now there are two posts in this thread the next poster can reply to both of us and check the post count afterwards. ;)

View PostDieChecker, on 04 December 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

If you reply to several posts, say... 3 posts, and they are all merged into one reply post, do you get 3 posts added to your total, or just one? Just curious... :innocent:

I will do the deed

Yep only counts as one post

Edited by spartan max2, 05 December 2013 - 12:34 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,757 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 December 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

You aren't trying to artificially boost your post numbers are you, 'cos that would be naughty. Besides quality beats quantity every time.

View PostJunior Chubb, on 05 December 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

That's correct. This post of mine used MultiQuote but will only count as one post.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#5    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well played Spartan, I would never have guessed you were so open to suggestion. :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,901 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

hmmm ... time to redo the UM taxes ?

:D

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 05 December 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

You aren't trying to artificially boost your post numbers are you, 'cos that would be naughty. Besides quality beats quantity every time.

That's correct. This post of mine used MultiQuote but will only count as one post.
I don't mean multiquote. I know how that works.

But, when I posted earlier today I quoted one post and replied, and it posted. Then I quoted another post and replied and it merged both my posts together. Then I replied to a 3rd post on the same thread (All within a minute of each other probably) and that reply also got merged into my first post.

I'm not complaining, I was just curious.

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe I did use MultiQuote to collect all those posts at once, and then used Copy and Paste to respond to them one at a time, and it somehow acted like MultiQuote.

Edited by DieChecker, 05 December 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,343 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

I would imagine that would count as one as another separate post wouldn't be produced under those circumstances.

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

The number of posts is what counts, regardless of multi-quotes or replies.

BTW DC, I liked you edit ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users