Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Christmas dinner in a tin, for gamers

christmas tinner christmas dinner tin gamers controller

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,872 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Forget Christmas dinner - gamers who plan on spending the entire festive period on their new consoles can enjoy a Christmas Tinner.

The meal boasts nine layers - from a fry-up for breakfast through to turkey and veg and even mince pies for dessert - all in a tin, courtesy of retailer Game.

http://metro.co.uk/2...gamers-4216830/

Posted Image

#2    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

The only thing I want that comes in a tin for Xmas is beer!

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,426 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Okay I was honestly thinking it would be something bigger, but yikes!

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,307 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

:blink:

#5    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,054 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Still not as bad as a burger in a can, but I honestly can't understand how these types of food sell even as novelty items.

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,930 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Great advert for kids about the family structure....your parents have just doubled the credit on their credit card to get you an xbox and the games and the kids will not even be having christmas dinner with them because they will be eating out of a tin instead!
What is it with these companies, have they not done enough damage to  "family communications" with their computer games as it is, now this.

PS: not against computer games, but really, this does not help towards a better society.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,548 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#8    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,314 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

I've eatten several Christmas dinners out of "tins" before... C Ration cans - it wasn't my idea - and there was definitly NO game console involved...

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,715 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm having chicken from a can, myself:

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#10    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,767 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 05 December 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I'm having chicken from a can, myself:

Posted Image

As gross as that looks call it confit and people would be so impressed.

#11    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,680 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Um.... damn! British gamers must be way more die hard than I thought.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#12    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,680 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Um.... damn! British gamers must be way more die hard than I thought.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#13    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Is that chicken an actual thing people choose to buy? i'd rather eat the can I'm afraid.

#14    csauer52

csauer52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Meanwhile back in reality...

http://www.zerohedge...mergency-levels

This tragic story emanating from the UK just doesn’t seem to go away. Probably because it’s true. The food crisis across the pond first came to my attention in earnest back in October when the Red Cross announced it was set to provide food aid to the UK for the first time since World War II.

The latest twist to this unacceptable saga comes via a letter send by a group of doctors and senior academics from the Medical Research Council and two leading universities to the British Medical Journal calling it a “public healthy emergency” and accusing the government of covering up the problem by delaying a report on the subject.

Posted Image

More from The Independent:

Hunger in Britain has reached the level of a “public health emergency” and the Government may be covering up the extent to which austerity and welfare cuts are adding to the problem, leading experts have said.

In a letter to the British Medical Journal, a group of doctors and senior academics from the Medical Research Council and two leading universities said that the effect of Government policies on vulnerable people’s ability to afford food needed to be “urgently” monitored.

A surge in the number of people requiring emergency food aid, a decrease in the amount of calories consumed by British families, and a doubling of the number of malnutrition cases seen at English hospitals represent “all the signs of a public health emergency that could go unrecognised until it is too late to take preventative action,” they write.

Despite mounting evidence for a growing food poverty crisis in the UK, ministers maintain there is “no robust evidence” of a link between sweeping welfare reforms and a rise in the use of food banks. However, publication of research into the phenomenon, commissioned by the Government itself, has been delayed, amid speculation that the findings may prove embarrassing for ministers.

Chris Mould, chief executive of the Trussell Trust, the largest national food bank provider said that one in three of the 350,000 people who required a food bank hand-out this year were children.

In their letter, Dr Taylor-Robinson, Professor Whitehead and colleagues cite figures recently released by the Government which revealed a surge in the number of malnutrition cases diagnosed at English hospitals since the recession – up from 3,161 in 2008/09 to 5,499 in 2012/13. They also draw attention to reports from the Institute for Fiscal Studies which found a decrease in the number of calories purchased by families, as well as “substitution with unhealthier foods, especially in families with young children”.

Fortunately for the UK, they are blessed with a concentration of oligarchs with supposedly extraordinary capabilities so they should be able to sort this all out in now time. Isn’t that right Boris Johnson?

#15    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• If you have an imaginary friend, you're insane - if you share it with millions of people, you just founded a religion.

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

even my cats and rats eat better than that

Also tagged with christmas tinner, christmas dinner, tin, gamers, controller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users