Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Adam Deen | Islam Is A Peaceful Religion

islam peaceful religion oxford union

• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,402 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Of those three, freetoroam, I'd say Judaism is the least violent. They've always been on the receiving end of violence starting with the Inquisition. Even long before then, they were largely disliked by Christians.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#17    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,402 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 06 December 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Erm.. yeah. Well you see, the beauty of conditioning is that the victim - per very definition - is blisfully unaware of it.

And given your former post was filled to the very brim with xenophobic, highly subjective, utterly misconstrued content.. Let me just be the one to tell you.., you my good man, are one conditioned mofo.

(I mean 'mofo' in a friendly sort of way)

So, Phaeton, you're saying that there is absolutely no violence whatsoever done in the name of Islam? At any time? To any personages living or dead?

#18    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,988 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

It always depends on, how a religion and their book is handled. It is fact, that the world is under a global pressure by terror in the
name of Isalm since 20 years meanwhile. And I´m still missing the voice, and the action, of the so called  "peacefull" islam.  The
jihad is still active on a high level. We are not only suffering under direct attacks, we are also suffering under the financial invest
that we have to spend globally in terror prevention actions. Billions of dollars/euros every year. And this money is missing in all that
sectors, those are the key indicators for civilisation : education, healthcare, science, research and others.

Too many freaks are still influencing our lives badly in the name of islam and how it is written in the islam. And appeasement didn´t
had any success so far.

How it works. Koran, Sure 9, Verse 5:

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them
and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their
way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful".  

Every muslim that I asked in my life about the meaning of 9/5 have had just an attempt to explain. And the peacefull ones are not happy in any kind with actuall situation.

Edited by toast, 06 December 2013 - 09:38 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#19    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• If you have an imaginary friend, you're insane - if you share it with millions of people, you just founded a religion.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Religion, whatever it is, is just an excuse to grab power/wealth - and although I'd like to say ban religion, I'd say everyone can have any religion they want, unless they preach/try to convert/ try to influence civil issues and harm others.

Posted Image

#20    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,402 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm sure there are many practicing Muslims who are quite peaceful. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most are. But as with everything in life, the light shines only one the bad ones. They all stand out and want to make a name for themselves. What makes news for all of us to thrive on and fuel hate with is the negative.

#21    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• If you have an imaginary friend, you're insane - if you share it with millions of people, you just founded a religion.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostChild of Bast, on 06 December 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

I'm sure there are many practicing Muslims who are quite peaceful. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most are. But as with everything in life, the light shines only one the bad ones. They all stand out and want to make a name for themselves. What makes news for all of us to thrive on and fuel hate with is the negative.

Problem is (as in all main religions) that a small percentage, are still a lot, when you count them

#22    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Posttoast, on 06 December 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

How it works. Koran, Sure 9, Verse 5:

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them
and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their
way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful".  

Every muslim that I asked in my life about the meaning of 9/5 have had just an attempt to explain.

Deutreronomy 13

13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

similar idea, right?

I repeat, before reading these texts you need to have the right intention/desire or you get lost.

Edited by thyra, 06 December 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image

#23    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postthyra, on 06 December 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Deutreronomy 13

13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

similar idea, right?

I repeat, before reading these texts you need to have the right intention/desire or you get lost.

The bible makes the holocaust look like a picnic.

#24    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,282 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 December 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Why does he even bother? if he thinks its a peaceful religion, great, follow it peacefully and do not blow anyone up, BUT DO NOT TRY TO CONVERT US TO  BELIEVE IT IS SOLELY PEACEFUL, there is far too much evidence and have been far too many deaths to show it is not  the case.
ANY religion which kills in the name of their god or because they think they are soldiers fighting their cause, is NOT peaceful.

This man should really keep his "ideas" about islam to himself and his mosque, he is not in a muslim country and it will never be one.

I have no problem in him loving his religion, but do it where it belongs...in a muslim country
!

Well then, with that logic Christianity can get right on that band wagon with "Islam".

Christian Terrorism

Your last two lines smack of hate and bigotry.

Where and when did he say it is SOLELY a religion of peace?  Wonderfully little deceptive adverb you snuck on in there.

NO group, religion or otherwise, can be characterized as SOLELY anything because human individual are not identical nor do the function and interpret thing identically.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#25    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,988 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postthyra, on 06 December 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Deutreronomy 13

similar idea, right?

I know that the Bible contains such barbarism. That´s why i started my post with: "It always depends on, how a religion and their book is handled" and we do not have a global terror war in the name of the Bible.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#26    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostChild of Bast, on 06 December 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Islam is no more violent than Christianity. If you don't think so, crack open a history book and learn. Crusades?? Started by Christians. Pretty much every land Christians have conquered they have also forced conversions. And their force usually involves destroying homes and raping and murdering.

But that's okay apparently. :rolleyes:

Movements throughout history have been violent. You are right, Christians have had times in history where they were extremely militant and violent, for the most part the violent arms of Christianity have quieted down a bit. It still exists, but it is rare nowadays.

Religion is not the root cause of violence don't be a patsy. Atheists have committed atrocities just the same as the religious leaders of our world throughout  history.

The fact that violence is such a common occurrence in the Islamic world has more to do with the history and geography of the region than Islam. Just read up on it, Bin Laden himself wrote about the impact of the fall of the Ottoman Empire on the region and stated that 9/11 was meant to give America a taste of what that was like. The crusades play into it as well. Bottom line is the people over there are so discontent, and they feel so stepped on by the wider world that their is a lot of hatred and anger brewing over there, has been like that for a long time. The fact that it is spilling over into the rest of the world is not the fault of the Islam religion, it is the result of a long and complex history filled with oppression, genocide, and exploitation mixed in with a lack of education and the desensitization to death and war resulting from constantly dealing with it for so long over so many generations.

Edited by Einsteinium, 06 December 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#27    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Posttoast, on 06 December 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

I know that the Bible contains such barbarism.

it isnt barbarism.that wasnt my intention. I wanted to show the similarity between two books.

you will see in all holy tetxs things that is really really hard for human nature to explain at one sight. things that will shock you, things that will make you cry and things that will make your blood freeze. there will be things like you will never be able to explain. like for example. some arbitrary looking letters that mean nothing, preceeding some verses.  

it isnt barbarism. Not one bit. I never want to see it that way due to my respect to those people who read it with their hearts and saw the actual meaning behind it.

Posted Image

#28    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,326 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostChild of Bast, on 06 December 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

So, Phaeton, you're saying that there is absolutely no violence whatsoever done in the name of Islam? At any time? To any personages living or dead?

This is what you conclude from my posts?

Remarkable.

#29    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postthyra, on 06 December 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

it isnt barbarism.that wasnt my intention. I wanted to show the similarity between two books.

you will see in all holy tetxs things that is really really hard for human nature to explain at one sight. things that will shock you, things that will make you cry and things that will make your blood freeze. there will be things like you will never be able to explain. like for example. some arbitrary looking letters that mean nothing, preceeding some verses.  

it isnt barbarism. Not one bit. I never want to see it that way due to my respect to those people who read it with their hearts and saw the actual meaning behind it.

condoning slavery, rape, infanticide and genocide  etc- that is barbarism

#30    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,326 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Look, the bible didnt create the inquisition. Fearmongering power hungry human beings did.

If you can take the teachings of Christ and subsequently proceed to kill young & elderly women alike enmasse, you know somethings awry.

Religion is nothing but a tool, which can be used for 'good', and 'evil'. The wielder is decisive.

The wielder is Man.

Edited by Phaeton80, 06 December 2013 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users