Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Teen Buys 450 Pic of XBox!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

"A TEENAGER has been left fuming after mistakenly buying a photo of an in-demand computer console online.
Peter Clatworthy thought he had paid £450 for an XBox One console on eBay, but actually received a picture of one in the post."
Full article: http://www.nottingha...tail/story.html

lol  Betcha his friends are teasing him relentlessly.

(He got his money back)

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Wow! Glad he got his money back. I hope the seller was banned from selling anything on eBay again.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

I thought it was quite a nice picture, actually.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,254 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Why didnt he get a ps4?

#5    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• If you have an imaginary friend, you're insane - if you share it with millions of people, you just founded a religion.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console,

I wouldn't have given him his money back

Edited by Hares, 06 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#6    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

The 19-year-old student, of Bilborough, had saved up in order to buy a limited edition Day One version of the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four-year-old son, McKenzie.

I don't like stereotyping people, but perhaps there was a very good reason he was stupid enough to pay £450 for a picture of an xbox?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,715 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Someone posted a image of the E-Bay listing and the title says :Xbox One Fifa Day One Edition, Photo Brand New UK 2013

Then you have a product description that says the item is a new, unused and unopened item in its original retail packaging so unless I missed something, nowhere does it say that the product is actually just a photo because if it was then E-Bay is also shares a bit of responsibility for allowing a seller to deliberately deceive its customers.

So unless I am missing something, I fail to see why the customer should be punished for the sellers deception.

#8    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

To be fair who in their right mind would expect the listing to be just a photo. The seller was way out of line and no doubt would have been booted off the site when found out. I'm glad the guy got his money back.

Posted Image

#9    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Updated -

An eBay scam victim who paid £450 for a photo of an Xbox One finally got his hands on the prized console - after a sympathetic games shop gave him one for free.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-111103159.html

Posted Image

#10    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

People who put up items like those intend for the "idiot in a hurry" situation or some sort of confusion in order to get the equivalent of money for the item. I believe that is a violation of evans TOS and he got his money back as he should have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users