Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Ring

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:51 PM

The Ring is supposed to be a really scary movie, heres a link to the official The Ring site, with pictures and trailers.

The Ring                                                  

#2    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 11:30 AM

I'm seeing it tonight.  ph34r.gif

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#3    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 02:44 PM

Grrr...I missed it...have to wait for the Dvd release!

I heard that the original japanese version was also shiver "ring" !!! laugh.gif                                                  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#4    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:18 PM

Seen it twice now.  ph34r.gif cant look at a T.V now in the same way. blink.gif

six days left....  scared.gif                                                  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#5    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:21 PM

I haven't actually seen it yet....is it any good?                                                  

#6    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 05:32 PM

I saw it last night, after all the anticipation i thought it was crap. it was a good story but everyone i talked to said that it was so scary, they dont want to watch it again. i thought it was tame, i only jumped once, and that was when my mate jumped out from nowhere. the ending is real poop.                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#7    dev

dev

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:29 PM

..to some extent i can go wuth skalra says...i mean the ending!                                                  

you like to see  about what u think,but dont wanna think about what you see!

#8    racerette

racerette

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 06:01 PM

I haven't seen it yet. I was really excited to see it but then everyone I knew whoe saw it said it was a waste of time and that is was really bad.  sad.gif                                                  

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

#9    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:23 PM

i have mixed feelings on this movie. the ending was really great. and the whole TV thing makes me look at my tv for signs of people coming out of it. haha. i saw the movie twice, and i am neutral. i really dont care to see it agian. it is one of those that after you have seen it 2 or 3 times, there is nothing else to be scared about, so it gets boring. well, i really hope all you guys that havnt seen it, enjoy it. i did. the first time. haha

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#10    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:22 PM

The bit that made me jump a mile was...

"But I saw her Rachel..."

cuts to cupboard opening and that lovely image of the girl inside. ph34r.gif

I agree Castor, I don't think I'll be seeing it again.

eek7.gif                                                  

#11    racerette

racerette

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:06 AM

ok, I rented it last night and on a scale of 1 to 10 , I'd give it a 5. It wasn't scary, I didn't jump but it kept my interest throughout.  There were a lot of parallels with the other movie fear.com but anyways, I've said my part! tongue.gif                                                  

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

#12    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:04 PM

I saw "The Ring" last week. I must say that it wasnt what I thought it would be.  What got to me was what that poor little girl must have gone through, especially after being dumped into that cold well, and living in the dark for 7 days before dieing. What a HORRIBLE way to die.                                                  

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#13    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:20 PM

i don't know if i want to see it or not.  i don't like scary stuff.                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#14    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 05:08 PM

DS, trust me, its not scary                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#15    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 06:22 PM

I think itís more of a psychological horror, with more emphasis on the tension created, rather than the images you actually see. You should go and see it DS and form your own opinions on how scary it is. Supposedly, if two scenes were left out of The Ring, it would have been rated a PG. No guesses for those who have seen the film as to what those scenes were. ph34r.gif

ok, I rented it last night...

Was it the original Japanese movie you saw then racerette? I would like to see this just for the comparison.  It might answer some of the questions the remake left open. sleep.gif                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users