Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

how many dimensions exists

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    andes_wolf

andes_wolf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

? :clap:  just for curious

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,004 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postandes_wolf, on 07 December 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

? :clap:  just for curious
Logic tops off at 10.... And I think string theory does also.., if you include time as a dimension we are at 11. But these are spacial dimensions, not like different planes or brains within those dimensions, that could well be infinite.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    andes_wolf

andes_wolf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

we can consider other planets or galaxies as dimensions too :santa:

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,299 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postandes_wolf, on 07 December 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

No. Other planets and galaxies are other planets and galaxies. Not dimensions.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,586 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

No.
But based on yr offer I would like to judge that any answer with a result >3 might be not that good for you.

Edited by toast, 07 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#6    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

No.  As said these are planets and galaxies, not dimensions.
Dimensions in the context of physics are essentially degrees of movement along an axis.  There are three classical dimensions, up/down, left/right, and forward/backwards.  Time is often incorporated in physical theories, thus working in a 4-dimensional spacetime.

Superstring posit that there are 10 physical dimensions, I believe M-theory posit 11, and Bosonic string theory posit 26.
An explanation as to why we do not perceive these other dimensions, if they exist, is that they occupy a subatomic scale, or 'curled up' in a sense.  Think of a doughnut or torus whose minor radius is infinitesimal.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users