Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA astronauts recall UFO encounters

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Several astronauts have come forward over the years to talk about their experiences with UFOs.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper, who flew in to space as part of NASA\'s Project Mercury in 1963, is well known for his experiences with UFOs. In 1951 he reported witnessing a number of strange objects flying in formation over Germany.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-ufo-encounters

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Cooper saw UFOs, big deal, people see them every day.

As for the one Neil and Buzz saw on their way to the moon.... That was nothing but pure tabloid nonsense.

I just talked to Buzz Aldrin on the phone, and he notes that the quotations were taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning.  After the Apollo 11 crew verified that the objects they were seeing was not the SIVB upper stage,  which was about 6000 miles away at that time, they concluded that they were probably seeing one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage.  These panels were not tracked from Earth and were likely much closer to the Apollo spacecraft.  They chose no to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted (as they are being now).  Apparently all of this discussion about the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, thus giving the impression that they had seen a UFO. / David Morrison

http://www.openminds...way-to-the-moon

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Wow, we had no idea. Now we know, we'll just take everything you say for granted.

Edited by Rolci, 08 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostRolci, on 08 December 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Wow, we had no idea. Now we know, we'll just take everything you say for granted.

I dont expect anyone to do that at all..... The Google search engine is your friend.  Use it.

Here, let me help you.....

Edited by DBunker, 08 December 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Your story makes it look like as if the media had no other intention just to make the crowds believe in UFOs. So where were they when the Citizen Hearing took place? http://www.nytimes.c...liens.html?_r=0 You call this it? Is this really the level of professionalism that the NYT is capable of? Or was the intention something else here? Is it possible what Dr Steven Greer says about the free press?
Here is what I found with my friend the Google search engine. If you watch from 9:51
http://www.youtube.c...tGG1Ekkf0#t=591
He also talks about official CIA documents, like the one that asks Disney to produce material that would marginalize the UFO subject, or the one about their folks in every major media outlet. If not all, at least some of the things he says seem well-established and convincing, and should be further investigated as it is provocative at the least.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#6    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Steven Greer (and the Disclosure Project) is a joke.

#7    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostDBunker, on 08 December 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I dont expect anyone to do that at all..... The Google search engine is your friend.  Use it.

Here, let me help you.....

Never mind about what anyone said or didn't say.

Let someone try and explain this if they can:

Nuff said.

View PostDBunker, on 08 December 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Steven Greer (and the Disclosure Project) is a joke.

In what way?

Posted Image

#8    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postzoser, on 08 December 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

In what way?

Promises, promises, promises.... that in the end failed miserably to deliver.

#9    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Steven Greer (and the Disclosure Project) is simply a medium through whom information arrives. It could be anyone else, and it could be anywhere else and called anything else. What matters is the content. I'm sorry you don't see that. You focus on the person rather than the CIA documents.

#10    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postzoser, on 08 December 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Never mind about what anyone said or didn't say.

Let someone try and explain this if they can:

Nuff said.

In what way?
just an amazing video.

#11    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostDBunker, on 08 December 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Promises, promises, promises.... that in the end failed miserably to deliver.

Not Greer's fault; he did amazing things pulling key witnesses together.  The problem is Government stonewalling.  

What did you expect from him?  That he and a team of heavily armed mercenaries would storm the Area 51 facility?  What?

Posted Image

#12    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 08 December 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Not Greer's fault; he did amazing things pulling key witnesses together.  The problem is Government stonewalling.  

What did you expect from him?  That he and a team of heavily armed mercenaries would storm the Area 51 facility?  What?

All Im saying is that he promised us evidence but ended up with the usual opinions about UFOs and other tall tales.... and most of us know that those arent worth the paper its written on... not when it comes to this kind of claims.

Cant blame the evil Government for that, no matter how much you would like to.

Edited by DBunker, 08 December 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#13    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

• "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Too many know-it-all's on this website. Just like me, they in no way whatsoever have the answers to everything. Even if they act otherwise. (=

Edited by Collateral Damage, 08 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Undated letter by President J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#14    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 08 December 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

just an amazing video.

STS-48 Video.

In what way!?? - All I see is normal space debris/ice ... the flash is thrusters fireing...  who blows the debris away.

Edited by DBunker, 08 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostCollateral Damage, on 08 December 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Too many "know-it-alls" on this website. Just like me, they in no way whatsoever have the answers to everything. Even if they act otherwise. (=

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users