Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fish keeping/photography

fish photography crazy damn betta

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• If you have an imaginary friend, you're insane - if you share it with millions of people, you just founded a religion.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

So, one of my hobbies was fish keeping, intertwined with photography - I had livebearers - platys, mollies, swordtails, guppies, endlers (just 1 6ft community tank), egg bearers - zebra/leopard danios, MCW and some catfish etc

My prized part of my collection was my Betta splendens collection - over 300 adults, with most tail types, here are some of my "champs:"

Feather tail male - unfortunately line stopped with him, and his siblings where not really good to continue the line
Posted Image

Blue HM (half moon female)
Posted Image

CT (crown tail) female
Posted Image

#2    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

• If you have an imaginary friend, you're insane - if you share it with millions of people, you just founded a religion.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

Posted Image

HM Male, produced from CT x VT cross - colours are not that nice, but was happy with the tail spread

Posted Image

Some of the Vt's produced by me

Posted Image

1st HM female, which I got for peanuts (special find at my pet shop)

All my stock came during a time, where here anything other than VT was either unheard of, or costly.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

this one looks good enough for a show - HM Male, produced from CT x VT cross , I don't keep anymore ... time management issues ... great collection :tu:

I just collect photos now ... :lol:

a few of my favorites :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#4    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

those dragons are beautiful :) they're a cross with another betta if I'm not wrong - betta smargadina ? I love the wild ones, but bit too delicate for me, and space is always an issue

might start again in the future, when things have settled - pity there's a lot of bureaucracy for sales

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

the sad thing is they are pretty rare in the wild ... if I'm not wrong they're making their way to the protected near endangered category ... natural habitat lost ...

the good news is they are not that difficult to breed ... so the problem now is actually only the natural breeds are endangered ... natural mountain spring streams  are being re routed to industrial and agro use everywhere ...

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#6    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

I agree, someone will hopefully go something in the wild.

#7    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thing is they don;t like the deep streams ... and shallow streams are deemed to be of 'no consequences' to the wildlife ... and bettas are nor not deemed an economically viable contribution factor to the GDP numbers ... its an uphill task ... and bettas are not alone ...

'

#8    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 08 December 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Thing is they don;t like the deep streams ... and shallow streams are deemed to be of 'no consequences' to the wildlife ... and bettas are nor not deemed an economically viable contribution factor to the GDP numbers ... its an uphill task ... and bettas are not alone ...

I know, they like small puddles with no currents, esp for their nests.

When the mosquito population goes up, and betta number goes down, someone will wake up, unless they're rich people abusing of the the countryside.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

I've heard rumors of small cave systems ... but I don't put too much faith in it ... as soon as someone finds out about it, won't be long when it will turn into a dead eco system ... the only hope is the Forest / Jungle Reserves ... National Parks ... been a long time since I last ventured into one but if I get a chance next time I'll keep an eye out for bettas ... ;)

'

#10    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

I know someone from your part of the world who is a betta enthusiast - Haji Badaruddin - forgot where he's from exactly but I think Malaysia, if you know him/can find him he's a great person - had him on my old fb profile, will try to reconnect sometime. I knew him through www.seriouslyfish.com

#11    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postil-Hares, on 08 December 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I know someone from your part of the world who is a betta enthusiast - Haji Badaruddin - forgot where he's from exactly but I think Malaysia, if you know him/can find him he's a great person - had him on my old fb profile, will try to reconnect sometime. I knew him through www.seriouslyfish.com

Yeah .. that sounds like a Malaysian name ... the kind of fish nuts here are the type you wont believe ... I had a friend who was almost disowned by his parents because he went fish hunting instead of being by his wife during the birth of his first child ... :lol:

~

'

#12    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 08 December 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Yeah .. that sounds like a Malaysian name ... the kind of fish nuts here are the type you wont believe ... I had a friend who was almost disowned by his parents because he went fish hunting instead of being by his wife during the birth of his first child ... :lol:

~

lol If we had your fish here, I would be the same lol he's a great guy, and has lots of kids :)

#13    m namasivayam

m namasivayam

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

nice pictures

#14    m namasivayam

m namasivayam

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

#15    il-Hares

il-Hares

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

3 spot gourami

Posted Image

Also tagged with fish, photography, crazy, damn, betta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users