Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Theories on Alien Civilizations

alien planet kepler

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1    sumeria

sumeria

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Nowadays many earth-like planets (Kepler 62e; Kepler 62f) are being discovered in the other solar systems by Kepler Space Telescope. These planets are located in "habitable zone" and can consist liquid water at their surfaces with sufficient atmospheric pressure. According to the scientists billions of these planets exist. Habitable zone terms is used to describe "not too hot and not too cold to support life".

It is actually very obvious that there are many other planets which are able to host life and probably the intelligent life. Only in our galaxy there are millions of solar systems which have their habitable zones and planets which may consist an alien civilization.

The nearest of this alien life can even be close to us like 12 light years. In the following years more these earth like planets will be discovered and one day finally we will come across with an alien civilization on a different planet.

Edited by sumeria, 09 December 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,662 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

That is certainly the whole reason of the search. Finding life though doesn't mean talking to it, or meeting it any-time soon. Some planets with 'life' may simply be covered in vegetation and no superior races. And thats still a great find.  Distances are too great with current tech...it would take us thousands of years to travel anywhere.. so no astronauts will be making such a journey unless we can develop light speed travel, which may be impossible for us

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,348 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postsumeria, on 09 December 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

Nowadays many earth-like planets (Kepler 62e; Kepler 62f) are being discovered in the other solar systems by Kepler Space Telescope. These planets are located in "habitable zone" and can consist liquid water at their surfaces with sufficient atmospheric pressure. According to the scientists billions of these planets exist. Habitable zone terms is used to describe "not too hot and not too cold to support life".

It is actually very obvious that there are many other planets which are able to host life and probably the intelligent life. Only in our galaxy there are millions of solar systems which have their habitable zones and planets which may consist an alien civilization.

The nearest of this alien life can even be close to us like 12 light years. In the following years more these earth like planets will be discovered and one day finally we will come across with an alien civilization on a different planet.

Just remember, Mars and Venus are in our habitable zone.

Not much going on there. Gas Giant moons are considered by many a better chance. They are nowhere near our habitable zone.

Edited by psyche101, 09 December 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4    wallarookiller

wallarookiller

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

View Postseeder, on 09 December 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

That is certainly the whole reason of the search. Finding life though doesn't mean talking to it, or meeting it any-time soon. Some planets with 'life' may simply be covered in vegetation and no superior races. And thats still a great find.

I would actually love some alien veggies with dinner. Imagine all the new stuff to eat we could find.

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 34,348 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

View Postwallarookiller, on 16 December 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

I would actually love some alien veggies with dinner. Imagine all the new stuff to eat we could find.

Or eat you.

Like hallucinogenic plants, they take people on a trip, some indulge too much and die right there, providing fertilizer for a year. Are plants predators? Food for thought?

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Keep in mind that the exoplanets that we are capable of discovering now, are mostly large planets as opposed to small, close to their sun as opposed to far (with recent exception), and with smaller suns rather than large.
And once we finally find some extraterrestrial life, scientists will probably be at tenterhooks about the definition of the life.
And most of that will probably be single-celled organisms, not too exciting.

That said, there are probably advanced civilizations out there, and their discovery will be the most significant event in history.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

#7    Phenix20

Phenix20

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

The fact that we can find thousands of exoplanets without even leaving the comfort of our Earth is incredible. Even if all the findings so far have no ' advanced civilizations' living on it the probability that a planet similar and older than Earth, capable of supporting advanced form of life exist in the cosmos is very great.

Also, the panspermia theory is back on stage among the mainstream scientists community and if that can be one day confirmed, that not only the Earth has been seeded by Mars by that life can spread form a planet to another in the entire Universe it would be very interesting.

View Postseeder, on 09 December 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

That is certainly the whole reason of the search. Finding life though doesn't mean talking to it, or meeting it any-time soon. Some planets with 'life' may simply be covered in vegetation and no superior races. And thats still a great find.  Distances are too great with current tech...it would take us thousands of years to travel anywhere.. so no astronauts will be making such a journey unless we can develop light speed travel, which may be impossible for us

It is my understanding that most planets does not support advanced lifeforms due to various conditions but even so, with regard to the incredible amounts of planets that likely exist in the Milky Way alone (I am not even refering to close-by Galaxies such as Andromeda for instance) the sheer statistics and probabilities are in favor to the existence of intelligent Aliens lifeforms.

In any way, there is no way for us human, at our current stage of developpement and scientific advancement to travel at even the closesest planet outside our solar system. But who knows if they cannot do so? As much as no solid evidence support that, nothing conclusive refutes the possiblity either.

Edited by sam_comm, 16 December 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#8    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

We are starting to make advancements regarding propulsion systems. I would highly recommend a new show called "Futurescape" on the Science Channel. If you get that. Last week they talked about propulsion advances in the area of plasma/ion propulsion and progress regarding development of yes, warp drive.  We are yet a ways off that but still developing. The future looks bright indeed, at least in one aspect. :tu:

Edited by Spacenut56, 16 December 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#9    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 16 December 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

The fact that we can find thousands of exoplanets without even leaving the comfort of our Earth is incredible. Even if all the findings so far have no ' advanced civilizations' living on it the probability that a planet similar and older than Earth, capable of supporting advanced form of life exist in the cosmos is very great.

But that's much different from a planet that has life on it.

#10    wallarookiller

wallarookiller

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 December 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Or eat you.

Like hallucinogenic plants, they take people on a trip, some indulge too much and die right there, providing fertilizer for a year. Are plants predators? Food for thought?

Posted Image

Well crap...

#11    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

View Postscowl, on 16 December 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

But that's much different from a planet that has life on it.
I believe this is coming possibly soon. Just the other day scientists reported more signs of water guysers on Europa, and where there is water, there may be life. :tu:

#12    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 17 December 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

I believe this is coming possibly soon. Just the other day scientists reported more signs of water guysers on Europa, and where there is water, there may be life. :tu:

Life needs a hell of a lot more things than water.

I expect we will find thousands of planets with lots of water and no traces of life.

#13    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Honestly, you don't even need to count the planets that just have the same building blocks that Earth has, for all we know Venus could very well have life on it. Just growing and living off different substances. On our own planet alone there was found to be a creature that lives off of the carbon monoxide of an underwater volcano.

Sure we should continue to look for life with the same stuff that made us but that's not to say that those types are the ONLY types we should think about.

#14    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postscowl, on 17 December 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Life needs a hell of a lot more things than water.

I expect we will find thousands of planets with lots of water and no traces of life.
Entirely possible. Just as we may find many planets with both life and water, and we just may find lots of life with NO water. The possibilities are endless IMO. :yes:

Edited by Spacenut56, 17 December 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#15    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 17 December 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Entirely possible. Just as we may find many planets with both life and water, and we just may find lots of life with NO water. The possibilities are endless IMO. :yes:

How does life exist without water?

Also tagged with alien, planet, kepler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users