Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Bright flash of light in bedroom

light flash bedroom silent

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Slugalug

Slugalug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

My boyfriend and I were laying in bed talking about god knows what when suddenly a very bright light flashed in the corner of the room (from my perspective at least.) He says the origin of the light was right next to him about 3 feet away. I saw it occur about 10 feet away and at the foot of the bed. It was as bright as a camera flash but completely silent. It only lasted about a second. We are so confused but intrigued by what we just witnessed! Just wanted to know if anyone had seen the same type of thing before.

#2    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Well it could be have been lightening out side lighting up the room (it is possible under certain circumstances for lightning to happen without thunder accompanying it), or a meteor burning up in the atmosphere lighting up the room. Is it possible it could have been a car headlight reflecting off something?

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#3    Slugalug

Slugalug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Nope, not a cloud in the sky tonight. Also, not a car. The room was silent and the light exploded into the room instead of pass over the room like headlights. It looked like a camera took a picture of us from inside the closet D:

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,387 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Dump him.

#5    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well did you check the cupboard for a hidden camera!? A pervert could have hidden one there and set it up wrong and it flashed when it was not meant to.

~
Carl Sagan

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,373 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

What color was it?

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#7    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,826 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

This may be rather crude - but he is not the sort of person that ignites his own expelled gas, is he? :w00t:

Other than that, ball  lightning

Edited by keithisco, 10 December 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#8    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Slugalug, do you have transformers on poles outside near where you live? Those things can go funny sometimes and throw out a massive bright light.

~
Carl Sagan

#9    Slugalug

Slugalug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

You guys are funny, I'm glad I found this forum. It was a very bright white light, maybe a little bluish. The nearest pole of any kind is a telephone pole 6 houses away. I was thinking ball lightning also but I thought it could only occur during a storm, yes?

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,177 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostSlugalug, on 10 December 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Nope, not a cloud in the sky tonight. Also, not a car. The room was silent and the light exploded into the room instead of pass over the room like headlights. It looked like a camera took a picture of us from inside the closet D:
you don't need clouds for lightning to appear, though it is rare ;)

#11    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Did you notice anything else strange  at that time? Was there any time you could not account for?

#12    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

Maybe your boyfriend had a hidden camera in the room set on a timer to flash and to cover his tracks he's acting dumb.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#13    shirley3smith

shirley3smith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

I am interested to find out what the bright flash of light can be as well.  Myself and 3 others were seated on a deck outside in broad daylight with no storm activity at all.  It was a beautiful bright sunny day and we were seated around a small square table when a bright flash of pure white light engulfed us.  We all were amazed but had no clue as to where it came from.  It did not hurt the eyes nor did I squint, and when it flashed, white is all we could see.  I was waiting on a shock or a bang to come after it, but nothing.  Just the very quick bright as bright can be flash and nothing more.

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,626 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

It's happened to me once.  Outside my house at night, starlit sky no apparent weather activity.  Came from just above the roof of the neighbours house was the nearest I could figure and turned everything completely white. It lasted no more than 2 seconds max.  I don't know what caused it but the amount of reports that are showing up is making me think it is a natural meteorological occurrence of some description that is either becoming more common or really only just being talked about more often due to the net.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

The other day I was about to head up stairs when above one of the railing posts at the bottom of the stairs I saw a white light. All I could really gather from it (saw it for about 1 second before I started to climb up the stairs) was it was a white light about the size of a dinner plate, all white with a tint of brownish gold around the edge of the circular part with what appeared to be spikes covering the outside of it. But it wasn't sharp(as in clarity) it was more blurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users