Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

[Updated] That phony Mandela signer...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,027 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

I could have sworn that he put on the hit and run. :unsure2:

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#2    Lotharson

Lotharson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Could you explain please what you mean by that (to outsiders such as me)?

"The greatest mystery is not the sighting of an alleged ghost or UFO but the sheer existence of our consciousness"

Lotharson http://lotharlorraine.wordpress.com/

#3    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,027 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostLotharson, on 12 December 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Could you explain please what you mean by that (to outsiders such as me)?
I will tomorrow.  I want to allow enough time for the groans.  You can google it to get an idea but you still might not get the meaning, so just stay tuned.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,246 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Not gonna bother.

#5    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

That fellow was directly next to the President. If he hadn't been busy rubbing his hands together in some totally fake sign language, he'd have been able to stab any of dozens of the world's most powerful people.

He did look good while he was up there. Stood straight and had a suit on.

Edited by DieChecker, 12 December 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,056 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Love how so many people are disrespecting interpreters from the original phony on down. :td:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#7    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,836 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

.....and the pantomime continues.......

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#8    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,836 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 12 December 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

That fellow was directly next to the President. If he hadn't been busy rubbing his hands together in some totally fake sign language, he'd have been able to stab any of dozens of the world's most powerful people.

No great loss in most cases!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#9    Maars

Maars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Only in South Africa :clap:

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,928 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Mandela sign language 'fake' blames 'schizophrenic episode' and voices in his head for gibberish interpretation that included words 'prawns' and 'rocking horse'

* Interpreter at memorial said he may have suffered episode on stage
    * Thamsanqa Jantjie said he started hearing voices in his head during event
    * He has apologised and said he did not know what triggered attack
    * It has been claimed he repeatedly signed words 'prawns' and 'donkeys'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2nFsGvguz

:clap:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Lol, I don't read sign language but I watched much of the event and I did wonder if sign language came with a "short hand" version.  One speaker spoke for a full 20 seconds and the sign language guy moved his hand in just 3 "signs" - if that's even what they were.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,928 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

He was just on the TV news, he said he saw Angels coming into the stadium and realised he was in trouble :clap:   Oh boy you couldn't make this up - for a worldwide televised state funeral now could you?

typo

Edited by seeder, 12 December 2013 - 12:18 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,928 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

I bet he was really listening to Madonna on his headphones...and was vogueing!!

Anyway here he is apologising

Mandela memorial signer: Please forgive me, I was seeing angels   :tu:

Edited by seeder, 12 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

View Postseeder, on 12 December 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

I bet he was really listening to Madonna on his headphones...and was vogueing!!

Anyway here he is apologising

Mandela memorial signer: Please forgive me, I was seeing angels   :tu:

Oki doki, so seeing Angels gives one "tourettes" of the hands so that they repeatedly spout the words prawn and donkey - you learn something new every day here at UM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,246 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Whatever the details the man is delusional and wasn't out to harm anyone so he needs forgiving and medicine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users