Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Star Child Skull: Lloyd Pye has died

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,384 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

"Lloyd Anthony Pye, an American author and paranormal researcher, has died after a bout with lymphoma cancer. He was best known for his promotion of the Starchild skull, a deformed specimen, which he claims is remains of an alien-human hybrid. DNA tests have shown it is human (and both parents were human) suffering probably from congenital hydrocephalus"

http://doubtfulnews....-died/#comments

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    The Exorcist

The Exorcist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

RIP

Although I have no doubt that the Starchild skull is nothing but a human deformity, it still made for some interesting investigation work and discussion.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,384 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostExorcist, on 12 December 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

RIP

Although I have no doubt that the Starchild skull is nothing but a human deformity, it still made for some interesting investigation work and discussion.

and some profit too

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,343 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Thread cleaned

Could we keep the comments on this topic civil and respectful please.

Thank you.

#5    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,429 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

That's sad. He was one of those people who made the world that much more an interesting place.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#6    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

RIP

I wonder who has the skull now and if that person will continue studying the skull.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,948 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Whether the nonsense is at an end or not, it is always sad to hear of the passing of a fellow man, and I am sorry to hear his demise was a battle. It is never good to hear another suffered. My condolences to his family, I wish them strength during this difficult time. RIP Mr. Pye.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,477 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

WHen are all the Start Skull`s going  to turn on again ? I meant Crystal `s Skull`s !

This is a Work in Progress!

#9    zaetdo

zaetdo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• I enjoy searching for the answers to all the whys which we can usually not find, Yet the fun is in the searching.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have been following this gentleman for quite sometime,[years actually], so, so, so sad to hear you are gone and am sadder to hear about the battle with cancer...........My condolences to the family :(

#10    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

The DNA was wholly human?  What a shame.  Rest peacefully, Mr. Pye.  Any man's death diminishes me, as John Donne said.

#11    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

RIP Lloyd -------- Condolonces
You represented a strong case backed with evidence including dna. It is a shame that you were effectively prevented from acquiring the nuclear testing you so desparately wanted & needed.

#12    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

Really a tragic loss. I really enjoyed the lectures he had on youtube.

#13    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,933 posts

• Oops.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

View Postkwin, on 14 December 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

RIP Lloyd -------- Condolonces
You represented a strong case backed with evidence including dna. It is a shame that you were effectively prevented from acquiring the nuclear testing you so desparately wanted & needed.
It's a shame he's died, but he really, really didn't. Time and again the DNA showed the skull to be of human lineage.
I wish he'd focused on something with more returns for the effort he put into it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#14    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,429 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

There was a lot more than just the skull thing. All sorts of interesting theories about the universe, and where life originated from, and all sorts of things. None of which might necessarily have been true, but they certainly made some entertaining reading, and like I said, for that reason, I'll miss him.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 15 December 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

There was a lot more than just the skull thing. All sorts of interesting theories about the universe, and where life originated from, and all sorts of things. None of which might necessarily have been true, but they certainly made some entertaining reading, and like I said, for that reason, I'll miss him.

Well the gap left by him will no doubt soon be filled by others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users