Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Ragnarok Is Supposedly Coming?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    ocean112

ocean112

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

So supposedly this thing called "Ragnarok" also known as "Vikings Apocalypse" is coming February 22nd 2014 and I was wondering what you guys would do in this situation?

Will the world end in 100 days? Sounding of ancient trumpet in York warns of Viking apocalypse on 22 February 2014
  • Legend has it that on this day, the god Odin will be killed by the wolf Fenrir
  • The soil and the sky will be stained with poison and the sea will rear up
  • Prior to the apocalypse, three freezing winters would follow each other (mini ice-age)
  • The sound of the horn is supposed to call the sons of Odin to the battlefield, where Odin will ultimately be killed
  • Everyone human on Earth is supposedly mean't to die with the survival of two humans who will repopulate the new Earth
  • What will happen to the rest of us?
What would you do if your entire life was a battlefield for gods? Would you prefer to just die and let that be the end of it or fight for survival although it is merely hopeless & do you think we will gain afterlife privileges?

If you wish to know more then simply google "Vikings Apocalypse" or "Ragnarok".

Edited by ocean112, 14 December 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,283 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

I believe that there's already a thread for this subject.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=258022

BTW: Welcome to UM. :)

#3    ocean112

ocean112

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 14 December 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

I believe that there's already a thread for this subject.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=258022

BTW: Welcome to UM. :)
Thank you. :yes:

#4    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Pretty cool.
Like, the gods and all. I've always loved mythology and this type of stuff.
It will be interesting though.
If you know, how was the exact date of February 22, 2014 calculated? Was it written somewhere or somehow calculated?

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#5    ocean112

ocean112

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 14 December 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Pretty cool.
Like, the gods and all. I've always loved mythology and this type of stuff.
It will be interesting though.
If you know, how was the exact date of February 22, 2014 calculated? Was it written somewhere or somehow calculated?
I'm not too sure how it was calculated but an ancient trumpet was sounded on November 14th and apparently 100 days after the trumpet is sounded the apocalypse will begin.

http://www.dailymail...ruary-2014.html

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

The end of the world seems to be an annual event.

#7    ocean112

ocean112

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 December 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

The end of the world seems to be an annual event.
True. Each year something new seems to occur striking incredible resemblances to the end of the world. I hope that this one is true though, this era of life is so terrible. Chav's ect.

#8    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

View Postocean112, on 14 December 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

I'm not too sure how it was calculated but an ancient trumpet was sounded on November 14th and apparently 100 days after the trumpet is sounded the apocalypse will begin.

http://www.dailymail...ruary-2014.html

Hmm.. Who sounded the ancient trumpet? Did it happen on it's own? But wow, this is pretty interesting :D
I don't think humanity is really doing so well.. But I still hope it's not the end of the world. I have so many things I want to do still :P

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#9    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

View Postocean112, on 14 December 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

True. Each year something new seems to occur striking incredible resemblances to the end of the world. I hope that this one is true though, this era of life is so terrible. Chav's ect.
What era of life would you prefer Ocean?  The Medievil Era?  Any era without your Iphone in it would be great right?

Edited by joc, 14 December 2013 - 05:49 AM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#10    ocean112

ocean112

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

View Postjoc, on 14 December 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

What era of life would you prefer Ocean?  The Medievil Era?  Any era without your Iphone in it would be great right?
A new era if possible. One where everyone is nice to one another and show love & compassion. Where people aren't constantly on each others backs about minor problems just because they feel the need to make it into a major one. I just want to live my life without the fear of going outside because people are constantly picking fights with me and attacking me on my way home.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Postocean112, on 14 December 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

A new era if possible. One where everyone is nice to one another and show love & compassion. Where people aren't constantly on each others backs about minor problems just because they feel the need to make it into a major one. I just want to live my life without the fear of going outside because people are constantly picking fights with me and attacking me on my way home.

Never has happened and never will.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#12    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

View Postocean112, on 14 December 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

That isn't really part of the human equation unfortunately.  Maybe you could take some self-defense course...Taekwondo perhaps.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#13    ocean112

ocean112

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postjoc, on 14 December 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

That isn't really part of the human equation unfortunately.  Maybe you could take some self-defense course...Taekwondo perhaps.
I know how to fight but I choose not to because I don't want the conflict to carry on to the point that it just unnecessarily escalates. I do muay thai but I can't remove my fear of fighting & If I can totally ask you something off topic..is there any particular reason why I can't make any bad choices even in games? If I have the choice between doing something bad or good I'm constantly choosing good and it hurts my chest if I choose bad or I feel empty inside. Any ideas why?

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

View Postocean112, on 15 December 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

I know how to fight but I choose not to because I don't want the conflict to carry on to the point that it just unnecessarily escalates. I do muay thai but I can't remove my fear of fighting & If I can totally ask you something off topic..is there any particular reason why I can't make any bad choices even in games? If I have the choice between doing something bad or good I'm constantly choosing good and it hurts my chest if I choose bad or I feel empty inside. Any ideas why?
That kinda touches on why I don't like competition.  I worked for an American company over thirty years (actually I still do but am on a sort-of medical leave of absence but will probably be obliged to retire) and never would compete but always be fair about other companies doing what we did.  It never hurt one bit.

I also never worried about self-defense, even though I'm a small little guy and I traveled alone most of the time on business.  I just used good sense, if one can call it that -- prevention rather than cure, as it were.  I was "mugged" a couple of time, scared the ---- out of me (there, the bad words censor won't have to kick in) but I was compliant and polite (a "sir" in the right place not overdone can help) and so didn't get hurt.  Of course I never carried any significant amount of money, so that would be part of it.

#15    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

View Postocean112, on 15 December 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

Just guessing you have a conscience.  You say you do muay thai...what does that mean?  Are you actively training in muay thai or that you have had some classes.

Edited by joc, 15 December 2013 - 01:47 AM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users