Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Abandoned on a trash heap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

• Eldad Hagar from Hope For Paws found a female husky he called Miley abandoned on a pile of trash
  • She was so weak when he found her that she didn't have the energy to run away
  • She was found to be suffering mange, parasites, malnutrition and bacterial infections
  • She has made an amazing recovery and is using her new lease of life to help her new friend Frankie
  • Frankie the chihuahua was found in a sewer almost drowned and was terrified of everything
  • The pair are now inseparable and Frankie is much more outgoing after Miley took him under her wing
View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    TopToffee

TopToffee

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostOhelemapit, on 14 December 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

• Eldad Hagar from Hope For Paws found a female husky he called Miley abandoned on a pile of trash
  • She was so weak when he found her that she didn't have the energy to run away
  • She was found to be suffering mange, parasites, malnutrition and bacterial infections
  • She has made an amazing recovery and is using her new lease of life to help her new friend Frankie
  • Frankie the chihuahua was found in a sewer almost drowned and was terrified of everything
  • The pair are now inseparable and Frankie is much more outgoing after Miley took him under her wing
View: Read more

I read this earlier.I could kill the bloody idiot that did this. :angry:

#3    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm trying to understand the reason for posting this in the Nature sub-forum. It says more about human behaviour more than anything else. Dogs befriending other dogs is not unusual. I suppose humans are unique in their capacity to befriend other species to such a degree. Is it possible for humans to befriend beings from another species? Aristotle didn't think so.

At least the weather in southern California is agreeable. Here in Canada and the northern states, winter means death to untold number of cats and dogs. Feral animals are in a legal black hole. They are neither owned by anyone (property) nor are they wildlife. I submit though that dogs and cats are species that have been shaped and domesticated by humans and we thus have a moral duty of care towards them.

We have been failing to live up to this contract rather spectacularly.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

#4    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

How do they know she was abandoned on a trash heap? Couldn't she perhaps have made her way there because of discarded food or prey animals after being lost or something? I'm very glad she finally got help, but jumping to the conclusion that the big evil humans did this to her doesn't seem to stand up to the information given.

The article mentions "maybe abused" but offers no points on why they think that.

It always makes me sad that people don't notice animals in distress earlier, or that the animal help systems don't get to them sooner.

Embrace the impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users