Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Your favorite UFO case

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#1    Lotharson

Lotharson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

What is your favorite UFO case?

Mine is the Valensole incident:

http://en.wikipedia....le_UFO_incident

To my mind, in any other field of enquiry (such as drug trafficing), we would conclude that this really happened.

However I still think that it is unwarranted to believe this were space aliens.
I just believe that something really extraordinary occurred and I will defend this conclusion in the future.

I think that the only earthly explanation would be a very sophisticated experiment of psychological warfare which could solely have been carried out by a government.

"The greatest mystery is not the sighting of an alleged ghost or UFO but the sheer existence of our consciousness"

Lotharson http://lotharlorraine.wordpress.com/

#2    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,665 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

My personal favorite is the hudson valley boomergang

I know a few people, including family, that saw this craft.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#3    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

There are so many intriguing cases over the decades personally its hard to choose. I would say the number one in my opinion, was the Bentwaters/Randlesham incident from 1980. Just one of many I could list that are standouts for a number of reasons.

#4    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Portage county case
Pascagoula  case

are two of my favourite.

#5    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,321 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

The Hessdalen lights.

They aren't alien though the research done there could influence what we know about electromagnetism and plasma. To date it is the only UFO phenomena that we are actually getting anything useful from.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#6    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,413 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

SKYLAB III case

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,260 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Cash/Landrum UFO event:  http://www.ufocasebo...Pineywoods.html

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#8    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostLilly, on 16 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Cash/Landrum UFO event:  http://www.ufocasebo...Pineywoods.html

this one does seem quite popular Lilly, do you have a favoured explanation?

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,330 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Roswell, I think thats what started most of the "UFO" conspiracis off.
The governents must have been laughing their steel pants off and still are "let them believe its a UFO, it will take away any suspicions away from us to what we are making and sending out there and they are the ones paying for it."

#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostLotharson, on 16 December 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

What is your favorite UFO case?

Mine.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#11    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 16 December 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Mine.

which is? ... and gosh I hope there was no anal probing... :w00t:

Edited by qxcontinuum, 16 December 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#12    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Not sure of the name of the case, but Early 90's (I think) South-West Illinois and North-East Missouri (St. Louis). Was witnessed by multiple police departments and there were tons of witnesses. The UFO/s were sighted within a 100 mile radius. (Can someone tell me the name of this case?)

I live in Illinois and have had a few sightings in my life. The most intriguing one being in Shenandoah Valley (Virginia, Appalachian Trail). The second intriguing sighting of mine, has to be from about 4 years ago at my parents house in Johnsburg Ill. I reported it to MUFON and checked in a few days later, there were multiple reports of that sighting, wide spread across the Mid-West. If anyone wants details of my sightings, feel free to ask!

View Postqxcontinuum, on 16 December 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I seriously hope there was more then enough, overkill anal probing! ;)

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 16 December 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

http://ufosoverthede...que-new-mexico/

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

The Lonnie Zamora case is a good one and I've got a soft spot for the Kelly- Hopkinsville encounter because I loved it as a kid (when I believed everything) and its straight out of a 50s sci fi film.

#15    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

I love love love the alleged UFO photos supposedly taken by Eric Thomason on Australia's Maslin Beach in 1993.

http://www.ufocasebo...nbeach1993.html

Finally we have a case where there's not just one photo but a sequence of photos showing not just one UFO but two UFOs. Even better, they're doing something instead of just posing for the photographer.

Yeah, they look like models slightly more elaborate than Ed Walters's but Ed's faked photos were just the same lousy technique used over and over. This sequence shows both clear shots and silhouettes which at least prove they used a variety of techniques to fake them.

I don't agree with Chris Savahn's statements about the camera or the photos. Fixed focus 35mm cameras in the 90's did not have their focus set to infinity. That would make all pictures of anything near the camera out of focus. They had wide lenses (25mm-35mm) and focus was usually fixed to four feet from the camera. Some consumer 35mm cameras had a fixed aperture of f5.6 to f8 but most Kodak consumer cameras had two ("indoor" and "outdoor") or three ("indoor", "cloudy" and "sunny") aperture settings. An aperture of f5.6-f8 would throw the background of the ocean out of focus like in the first photo. Switching to the smaller aperture (f16) when shooting into the brighter sky would put everything up to 50 feet in focus.

Unfortunately Eric doesn't mention doing anything like this when he (supposedly) took the photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users