Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sleep Parylasis

sleep ghosts aliens

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Amzee00

Amzee00

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HELP, THEN DON'T RESPOND.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

This is about sleep paralysis. I have experienced this many times in many different ways. However, the last two times I have experienced this it was so strange!
1)   I had a dream and I woke up paralyzed. That’s not the weird part, with my eyes closed I saw myself on a platform floating in the middle of darkness, as if it was in another dimension. I saw four squares all with different colors.. And then a tiny voice in my head said to me “ just pick one and see what happens.” That’s when I understood that each color would take me to a different place.  I got scared and I didn’t want to so I forced myself to wake up.
2)    I woke up paralyzed again and of course I was not able to move. All of a sudden I felt intense vibrations going thru my body! It was crazy, it felt so strong.
Any ideas of what could be happening??

#2    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,414 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostAmzee00, on 17 December 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

This is about sleep paralysis. I have experienced this many times in many different ways. However, the last two times I have experienced this it was so strange!
1)   I had a dream and I woke up paralyzed. That’s not the weird part, with my eyes closed I saw myself on a platform floating in the middle of darkness, as if it was in another dimension. I saw four squares all with different colors.. And then a tiny voice in my head said to me “ just pick one and see what happens.” That’s when I understood that each color would take me to a different place.  I got scared and I didn’t want to so I forced myself to wake up.
2)    I woke up paralyzed again and of course I was not able to move. All of a sudden I felt intense vibrations going thru my body! It was crazy, it felt so strong.

You should consult an internist because nightmares and confusion may be resulted by anoxia due to apnea.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#3    Amzee00

Amzee00

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HELP, THEN DON'T RESPOND.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Posttoast, on 17 December 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

You should consult an internist because nightmares and confusion may be resulted by anoxia due to apnea.
Thanks but I dont have apnea.

#4    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Check out this thread... http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0

Read the second post from "White Crane Feather", and it will give you a bit of insight into what's going on with the vibrations.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them in that same thread...

Way to go.. there's a lot of people who spend a lot of time trying to achieve what comes naturally to you.

Welcome to UM!

#5    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

yeah... it's what happens to most folks every night, but they don't wake up and experience the 'paralysis'.  These are preliminary "out-of-body" experiences.  Try reading Robert Monroe's "Journeys Out of the Body".  The vibrations are scary.  What that is... is the astal/spirit body shaking off (separating) from the physical.  enjoy the journeys, if you can!  PS.  there is absolutely NO danger of getting "lost".

#6    airfreshener

airfreshener

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I experienced the shaking thing as well. More like my whole bed vibrating. Whenever I try to fight my sleep paralysis, it usually leads to stronger vibrations then I wake up with weak knees and no energy.

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

View Postairfreshener, on 04 September 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

I experienced the shaking thing as well. More like my whole bed vibrating. Whenever I try to fight my sleep paralysis, it usually leads to stronger vibrations then I wake up with weak knees and no energy.
Don't fight. Try to relax.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#8    SSMarks1290

SSMarks1290

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hello, So I've never experienced anything like this, and am pretty freaked out. After doing some googling, I'm pretty sure it was sleep paralysis but wanted to get some opinions because I am now scared to try to go back to sleep.
Okay, so I guess I fell asleep watching a movie and all of a sudden I heard an extremely shrill noise and opened my eyes. All of a sudden, something was smothering me. I have black pillows so I thought someone was holding one of them over my face but all I know was it was something black. I couldn't move at all, except for my eyes. I tried to scream and couldn't. I did manage to move my eyes to the TV to see that the movie was still playing. I was panicking and felt like I couldn't breath. Something dark was being pushed into my face, and I couldn't move to stop it. It felt so real, I thought maybe my friend who was asleep on the other end of the couch was doing it so I tried to move my feet to kick her, but couldn't move. Then the black thing was moved from my face. I was still unable to move, and looked bad towards the TV, and there was a black shadowy figure crouched in front of the TV looking back and forth at me and my friend. I begin to panic even more, and the figure moved towards me, and whispered something like, "not time yet, be back soon." Then disappeared, and I was finally able to move, but it took a few minutes, to actually be able to move enough to sit up and completely wake up because my body still felt extremely heavy. As soon as I was able to, I checked on my friend who was fast asleep and snoring. I now have a horrible headache and am pretty scared. Opinions anyone?

#9    Forsythia

Forsythia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I have experienced sleep paralysis ever since I was a young girl. There have never been any questions on if I were awake or not. The vibration feeling scares me beyond belief. I can usually feel it coming on and I kick my leg hard. It takes several attempts but generally works. It doesn't happen as much as it used to, it would happen so often when I was younger that it was quite annoying. I have read about people hallucinating during this too, but I never have. I just can't move or talk and it's absolutely terrifying to me..I don't often talk about it, because any time I have, people become very opinionated and insist I have something neurological or mental wrong with me. I can assure everyone, I am quite sane lol. It's reassuring to see some topics on here about it  :tu: :clap:

Edited by Forsythia, 24 September 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#10    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

• The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe the truth is the truth What then is the source of absolute truth?

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostAmzee00, on 17 December 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Often sleep paralysis or otherwise called hypnagogic sleep is a precursor to an out of body experience, you might also feel a sort
of buzzing like many bees near your head or body,

Below is my experience that you might find informative?

Out of body experience on afternoon at Johannesburg South Africa

At about the age of twenty-seven, at Vaal Power station (where I worked at the time), in the afternoon at about 3 pm my wife and I were having a nap and instead of going to sleep as I expected, I entered a cataleptic state that I now know is Hypnagogic sleep. In other words, I was unable to move my body (sleep paralysis). I was aware of my surroundings and that I was laying on the bed next to my wife. Then in the area of my head, an extreme vibration and buzzing began to shake my whole body. I tried and tried to move with no avail at first, and then something weird began to happen.

I found myself (Awareness/consciousness) hovering just below the ceilings, looking down on the bodies of my wife and can still remember the red bed cover. That indicates some sort of mind sight.

I did not like this experience, feeling some sort of an malicious being was watching me all the time, in addition the vibration and buzzing were very unpleasant. However, this sleep paralysis vibration started to happen more and more spontaneously until in another spontaneous OOBE I found myself outside the house one night looking up at the stars.

My consciousness awareness seemed to have separated from my sleeping body. I then began to take a real interest in this phenomenon and was lead to read a book by Robert Monroe and found the term then used was astral travel. It was considered evil or even by my then Christian friends who advised me to stop as my vacant body could be possessed by an evil entity, while I was travelling into other realities

I did not interact with those who have passed on but appeared to remain within the material realities. However, I did experience some frightening things, such as coming back in horror to the wrong body. This person was in a small prison cell somewhere and I really got a fright and immediately found myself back in my own body. At times, I seemed to have dual awareness in that I became somehow two beings, my sleeping self-communicating with my ethereal self.

Taking their advice, I stopped trying to exit the body when the catatonic sleep paralysis came at night and eventually these experienced ceased for many years.

Late again I started to have other spontaneously experience all types of other realities on my nearly nightly travels. Some of these Heavens where so bizarre that there are no words to express these other dimensions, realities alternate universes, other selves, in the English language?

My quote, "The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe even in total ignorance the truth is the truth!  What is absolute Truth?  What is the source of absolute truth  What is the source of life
Let the unknown become known.
We must know what we do not know (And admit it)
Regards Alan

#11    upsidedownworld

upsidedownworld

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

What if sleep paralysis tunes our minds to a sub state between waking and dreaming which allows us to interact with beings who reside in this inbetween state?

#12    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

View Postcultish, on 25 October 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

What if sleep paralysis tunes our minds to a sub state between waking and dreaming which allows us to interact with beings who reside in this inbetween state?

You need to show that these "beings" exist before asking how we communicate with them.

A bit of faulty logic in your questioning there.

Edited by Emma_Acid, 07 November 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 07 November 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

You need to show that these "beings" exist before asking how we communicate with them.

A bit of faulty logic in your questioning there.
How can a question have faulty logic? Especially a what if question.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:25 AM

Probably a fifth of my dreams so far in existence are of a lucid nature, maybe 20 times I've experienced sleep paralysis episodes, I think the reason they are of a lesser quantity is that in childhood I learned how to manipulate my way out of that strange twilight zone where you're at the goddamn mercy of whatever the heck is on the cusp of your scheming subconscious... and as all of us know, it's not usually the most cheerful foe lol. They are such odd occurrences though, the one I recall most of all is an orc from Mordor bursting through the wardrobe, leering, slimy face with a resplendent shiny dagger ready for my throat. Thankfully I woke up, I often feel pain in dreams and I am glad at least that maniac I escaped!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#15    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

we've seen these entities, we know they exist

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

Also tagged with sleep, ghosts, aliens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users