Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Clovis ghost Hunter falls 30 feet

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) --  A woman is in the hospital after an accident inside an abandoned winery in Clovis early Monday morning.

Authorities went to the building on Clovis Avenue near Ashlan around 1 a.m. Monday. They said several people were inside, when one of them fell about 30 feet from a walkway.
It's unclear what they were doing, but family members say the group was ghost hunting.

To read more: http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9361840

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Maybe their way of insuring a ghost will be there? At some point?

edit to add; Too soon?

Edited by Mentalcase, 18 December 2013 - 04:12 AM.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 8,643 posts

• Oops.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Shows where my mind is, I read clovis and was thinking of the prehistoric culture. I was thinking we finally had a reported ghost of a primitive human.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

It's hard not to make a joke out of this, but too obvious and in bad taste so I won't.

#5    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

it's the future now son

• 2,412 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

so, the article linked just says that one person was injured,  no mention of a death. mistake in the thread title?

#6    Inn Spectre

Inn Spectre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

• "To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are"

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

So she's expected to survive falling to her death?

#7    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

• In every tale and legend, there is a little bit of truth...

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

People 'ghost haunt' and expect to get away easily and even if there is anything, whoever they're haunting has all the right to give them a little lesson. Curiosity killed the cat.
It's also funny how some attention seekers would do anything to attract the media to get famous even if they have to cut a leg or two. Her name will be released sooner or later and then think about all them people who would wanna know what exactly happened. Let's just hope that was a natural accident and that there were no greedy and selfish intentions behind the incident. We have enough attention seeking scammers in this world already.

Posted Image

"I heard singing before but...there's nobody here..."
Interest: Folklore, Paranormal.

#8    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,196 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Who're you gonna call?

Paramedics!

Attached Thumbnails

• 31TD79CAJO0YRYCALVRSYLCAKO432BCAWBC752CAPOPYQBCASN6A8DCAPZ38AFCAR7CWQMCA4QZFEUCANG8I4MCACBDXZFCAJV36F1CAXVTZWVCA0MGURTCANM77TYCA1BQASRCARRWF2ACAJ3F1ATCAZC2H5O.jpg

Edited by davros of skaro, 18 December 2013 - 06:53 AM.

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was killed, hung on a Hook, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3K yo Tablet saying this is proof that it happened. :D

#9    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 42,547 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive

*Topic title edited*

Posted Image

#10    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

I sometimes explore dodgy abandoned sites but I stick to the edges, the state of the infrastructure is more terrifying than what may lurk there, I remember what happened to one of the characters in Stephen King's Salem's Lot getting impaled on some spikes at the end of a broken staircase! That was creepier than the vampires!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#11    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

The building is located at these coordinates, if anyone is interested in seeing it.  36°47'22.91" N 119°41'56.94" W

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

I wonder why it is that British ghosts are so much more sensible than American ghosts.  After all the British haunt castles, the Americans haunt old shacks and falling-down buildings and prisons and so on.

#13    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

it's the future now son

• 2,412 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

well, america is pretty short on castles as it is. if all the ghost started haunting them, there wouldn't be enough room for them to scare anyone.

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Postseaturtlehorsesnake, on 19 December 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

well, america is pretty short on castles as it is. if all the ghost started haunting them, there wouldn't be enough room for them to scare anyone.
True but America has lots of mansions around; not so old maybe but still getting pretty long in the tooth.

#15    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

it's the future now son

• 2,412 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

ah, that's true.

american ghosts also like to haunt schools, if i remember my childhood right. when i was in high school, everyone i knew was so certain that the building was haunted by a bunch of ghosts from various different violent incidents. it was ghost central!

unless you asked my father, who had lived in that area for over fifty years. he always would bring up the inconvenient little fact that none of the murders and suicides that the ghosts came from had actually, you know, happened.

funny, that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users