Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

are ufo's fallen angels or demons ?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

hi people , i happen to believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial beings and while i no this isnt the e.t. forum of the site my brother happens to have just turned to christianity and is convinced and is trying to convince me that these so called aliens being spoken of in the new age movement and in the ufo phenomena are really satan the fallen angels and demons disguising themselves as e.t.'s for a major deception against humanity , while i have also studied demons in the past to some extent i have never heard of them taking on the role of space aliens to confuse people .

i do see were my brother and others come from with this tho im just wondering what exactly would make people think that this is really demonic and not extraterrestrial .

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,120 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Is mental illness still considered demonic?
I got it! Satan flies around in his flying saucer causing mental illness and planting fossils.

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I don't doubt for a moment that should real aliens show up that lots of people will holler demons and Satan.

#4    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 20 December 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Is mental illness still considered demonic?
I got it! Satan flies around in his flying saucer causing mental illness and planting fossils.

i dont no im not a psychiatrist , do people have to have mental illness to believe in demon entities ?

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Post3gben3g, on 20 December 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

i dont no im not a psychiatrist , do people have to have mental illness to believe in demon entities ?
I'm not a psychiatrist, but I think most would say it is not necessary but won't hurt.

#6    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 December 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I don't doubt for a moment that should real aliens show up that lots of people will holler demons and Satan.

me neither i also think the military would try and attack them aswell , they could be all of piece and come here to help us but end up wiping us out coz we attacked them . people would panic i think from all the hollywood movies about aliens invading and all the abduction claims the fear would be enormous and yeah religious people would be terrified thinking its satan and would be praying for jesus to come save them ..

#7    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 December 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I think most would say it is not necessary but won't hurt.

i wouldnt say people were crazy for believing in demons or ghosts , it would seem an unconventional belief to a psychiatrist but depending on what you did with that belief like act out rituals and worshipp these entities than that would be considered dangerous or being mentally ill but i think mentally ill can also be a judegment made by people towards people that do believe such things and ok science hasnt got an explanation for demons or have they i dont no but maybe one day they will have , isnt parapsychology a science field into studing things like hauntings , out of body experience sleep paralysis claivoyance  ect or would that be psuedoscience to some and science to others ?

Edited by 3gben3g, 20 December 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Parapsychology is a would-be science, not admitted into the ivy halls.

#9    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 December 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Parapsychology is a would-be science, not admitted into the ivy halls.

so if there was actual proof of spirits / entities the majority of mainstream science or whatever would probably not accept it as being factual proof even tho it could well be , it could have been proven before but not accepted , thinking like what would be considered actual proof ? a picture ( probs not ) a video ( probs not ) an individual claim ( probs not ) a scientists theory or evidence when another scientist may think its inaccurate or just wrong then that makes me think who decides whats considered to be proof or not when they could have decided that anything paranormal is not proof for some kind of agenda or just dont accept what could be provable - not saying i have proof i aint never seen a ghost , demon , alien or whatever but i do think there is possibility in the existence of some of these things and if its not real than at least it makes for good entertainment if itis real than that would mean life after death and would mean either intellegent design or maybe evolutionary intervention coz if life can evolve here than could it not evolve somewhere else , people argue about evolution and intelligent design but what if there was intelligence behind our evolution or maybe intervention in our evolution .

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

If there was actual "proof," science would accept it and whoever produced the proof would get every honor and prize in sight.  They would probably be compared to Newton and Darwin and Einstein and parades would be held in New York City.

#11    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

it wouldnt mean evolutionary intervention if the spirit exists i just realized that would be intelligent design

#12    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 December 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

If there was actual "proof," science would accept it and whoever produced the proof would get every honor and prize in sight.  They would probably be compared to Newton and Darwin and Einstein and parades would be held in New York City.

yeah your probably right and i think many people would probs take up religion or some kind of spiritual teaching if it was proven .

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,120 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Post3gben3g, on 20 December 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

That's got really nothing to do with what I said.

#14    3gben3g

3gben3g

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 20 December 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

That's got really nothing to do with what I said.

you said is mental illness still considered demonic , i dont no if mental illness is considered to be demonic coz im not a psychiatrist who studies mental illness but i will say i think i most probably read your comment wrong or didnt fully understand what you meant - i still dont lol i think you may have been being sarcastic or implying someone would be mentally ill for believing in demons or is talking about how mentally ill people were considered to be possessed by demons years ago or not ive had a smoke i dont read things or interpret them the right way sometimes .

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,120 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Post3gben3g, on 20 December 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

you said is mental illness still considered demonic , i dont no if mental illness is considered to be demonic coz im not a psychiatrist who studies mental illness but i will say i think i most probably read your comment wrong or didnt fully understand what you meant - i still dont lol i think you may have been being sarcastic or implying someone would be mentally ill for believing in demons or is talking about how mentally ill people were considered to be possessed by demons years ago or not ive had a smoke i dont read things or interpret them the right way sometimes .
That's what I'm talking about, the idea that demons cause "mental illness". Some people, even on this forum hold this belief.

Edited by Rlyeh, 20 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users