Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Eye of Horus resembles the Pineal Gland

the eye of horus pineal gland

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1    Tann

Tann

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• You don't know.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

(WIKIPEDIA) The Eye of Horusis an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health. The eye is personified in the goddess Wadjet (also written as Wedjat,Uadjet, Wedjoyet, Edjo or Uto and as The Eye of Ra) or "Udjat" The name Wadjet is derived from "wadj" meaning "green" hence "the green one" and was known to the Greeks and Romans as "uraeus" from the Egyptian "iaret" meaning "risen one" from the image of a cobra rising up in protection.Wadjet was one of the earliest of Egyptian deities who later became associated with other goddesses such as Bast, Sekhmet, Mut, and Hathor. She was the tutelary deity of Lower Egypt and the major Delta shrine the "per-nu" was under her protection. Hathor is also depicted with this eye.Funerary amulets were often made in the shape of the Eye of Horus. The Wedjat or Eye of Horus is "the central element" of seven "gold, faience,carnelian and lapis lazuli" bracelets found on the mummy of Shoshenq II. The Wedjat "was intended to protect the king [here] in the afterlife" and to ward off evil. Ancient Egyptian and Near Eastern sailors would frequently paint the symbol on the bow of their vessel to ensure safe sea travel.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I think it's a remarkable resemblance.  I think most of what we see as hieroglyphics are more than the story they are portraying.  For example, the Pharaoh netting/catching birds could be an analogy of him 'reigning in his errant thoughts' on an esoteric level.  Another example would be the Djed Pillar representing the spine, Tree of Life etc.  This is another interesting bit to add to the bunch in my opinion.

Source:
http://brainssparks....-horus.html?m=1

#2    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Intersesting.   But im guessing it is just a representation of the falcon god horus and the human eye is mans desire to think on that level.

Posted Image

#3    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,911 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

...well, to be fair, man has often succeeded in being bird-brained.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#4    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,933 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

I would go with taniwha: the Horus Eye is widely believed to represent the markings of a hawk indigenous to North Africa.

What it boils down to is the ancient Egyptian understanding of the functions of the human brain: they did not understand its functions. They believed the heart to be the brain. Consider the practice of mummification. In those cases where the excerebration was performed, the brain was removed in globs generally through the nostril. It was destroyed in the process. The Egyptians did not even try to preserve the brain, which basically clarifies its low significance in their culture.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#5    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,000 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Interesting, the resemblance is uncanny indeed.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,110 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

I also admit that the resemblance is erie. However, I doubt the Eye came from someone dissecting a human brain.

I think the pineal gland gets more coverage and powers then it deserves.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,327 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

The Eye of Horus resembles the Pineal Gland

Hmmm.

Eye of Horus:

Posted Image

Pineal gland:

Posted Image

By God, I think you would be right if it didn't look so much like a clitoris and looked a little more like an eye.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#8    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,933 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

My goodness, Harte, it's kind of scary how your mind works.

Yes, you're right, but still... :w00t:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#9    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,107 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

That's an interesting idea.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#10    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

The Eye of Horus was seen as The Eye of God ( or Goddess ) looking down and offering protection as stated in the OP.

This protection extended to the King of Egypt who's power came from the Goddess Wadjet (later 2 goddesses) under her overall authority.

The Hourglass Nebula as pictured by the Hubble has been called the 'Eye of God' and its unexplained shape with 2 circles overlapping and the

'Eye' in the middle has been compared to proposed ancient landscape geometry in Britain which uses the design of the Great Pyramid.

This discovery, and further revelations based on it, raises the possibility that this is an ' End of Time ' period.

#11    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,735 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

you HAVE to plug in your landscape geometry in any and all threads you can, right?
its an itch you cant resist, right??
:rolleyes:

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#12    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

The_Spartan, on 22 December 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

you HAVE to plug in your landscape geometry in any and all threads you can, right?
its an itch you cant resist, right??
:rolleyes:
It's a grand unified woo theory.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#13    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,107 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

laver, on 22 December 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

This discovery, and further revelations based on it, raises the possibility that this is an ' End of Time ' period.

still going on with this I see..

well every dog has its favorite bone to chew.. even when its just a few scraps of bone left and no meat on it at all

#14    Tann

Tann

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• You don't know.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

taniwha, on 21 December 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Intersesting.   But im guessing it is just a representation of the falcon god horus and the human eye is mans desire to think on that level.

Posted Image

Very cool ~ thanks for showing me this.  Although I will say, of the four flourishes of the Eye of Ra, the falcon is missing the curled descending mark - which, to me, is one of the more defining marks.  I guess the dissected brains descending curled line isn't that convincing either.  All the same, what beautiful majestic creatures.

Edited by Tann, 22 December 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#15    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• Good morning all...nice to see the assassins have all failed.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

Ancient Egyptian physicians, priests and academics were well versed in the anatomy of the human body...it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch, for them to link the two...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users