Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Drunk Impales Self on Fence!

idiot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,654 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

A man who had been refused entry to a pub in Northampton because the landlord said he was too drunk, impaled his leg on a fence after he tried to climb into the garden of the premises.
Hilarious photo at Source: http://www.northampt...n-pub-1-5766640

I'm glad I did my most embarrassing stuff in the days before everyone and anyone had a camera.  lol

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

From the article:

“He tried to climb over the fence. Although the back gate was open and he could have just walked through it.”

:w00t: :w00t:
Should feel a little sorry for him ... but I just don't

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,065 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

An incident of that type has the potential to ruin your whole night out......even in Northamptonshire!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,194 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Ouch! I bet he also had one heck of a headache the next day.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,605 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

I don't know about this case, but more than a few times I've had a "delayed sloppy drunk" reaction.
Usually in a bar having shots.

Alcohol(and most any type of drink) "hits" the system after 15-20 minutes. Just the way the digestive system is, I guess.

The problem is(with me anyway), is that I think I feel the "buzz" almost immediately(think coffee), whereas in truth this is not the case.
The first 1 to 15-minutes is purely a false psychological effect.
So, after having the first shot, 2-minutes later I have a second, then a third, etc...

After the 15-20+ minutes all those "shots" have now a compounded effect and I get "sloppy drunk", not knowing where my keys are, my car is, my house is, my front door is, and rationality is thrown-out the window because I'm seriously drunk.

Drinking, not only in "moderation" but with "delay between drinks" has proven for me to be wise way to party.

#6    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,051 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

And that is why you shouldn't try to trespass while intoxicated.

#7    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

I bet he felt like Superman when he attempted to hop the fence.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#8    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,574 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Anyone else picturing that scene from early Walking Dead where they rip the kid's leg off the fence spike?

Shudder.

Embrace the impossible.

#9    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,997 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

I don't think we need those types of fences anymore. They are medieval and a pet hate of mine. I see them around everywhere and I think they are just dangerous and out dated. And I think to have one on a pub is silly and short sighted because people will get drunk and will do stupid things.

Basically what is worth protecting so much that you would wish that amount of pain on someone who falls trying to climb over. If you say you're trying to protect your kids, maybe one day they will be the ones climbing it. Drunks, thieves and kids generally try climb over fences. And would you really wish that amount of potential harm on any of them.

So I think if anyone should be embarrassed it should be the owners of a pub with spiked fences.

That's my Christmas message for the day.

#10    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

sympathy. i did some very foolish things back in the day when i still drank. i've got scars running across three of my fingers from where i sliced them down to the bone. (i was trying to cook while drunk. never do that.) i still don't have feeling in the tips. and that ain't bad at all compared to some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users