Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Prisoners Won't Receive Parcels This Xmas

prisoners rules parcels christmas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,581 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Convicted prisoners will not be able to receive parcels from their loved ones this Christmas under new rules introduced by the Government.

The rules forbid prisoners from receiving any items in the post unless there are "exceptional circumstances".

The new measures were introduced in November, meaning this is the first Christmas for which the new rules will be in effect.

http://news.sky.com/...-this-christmas

Posted Image

#2    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Awwww........

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,898 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

I could understand that for criminals guilty of violent crimes, white collar guys should still get them I think though.

#4    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,553 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think it should depend on the severity of the crime. People do get out of jail, ya know, and it might help for them to feel like their family is there for them and still loves them. Not that you need Christmas gifts for that, but it helps.

Embrace the impossible.

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,774 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I think there'll be complaints about "cruel and unusual punishments" being made here, probably with a dose of "my human rights are being violated".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

my heart bleeds for them !!!

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,899 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

There is something in what Purplos has said.  There would be a significant percentage of the prison population who turned to crime through feelings of alienation from general society.  In a season of goodwill, forgiveness and generosity of spirit to further disenfranchise them when they have already received their sentence of incarceration and are working through it is mean spirited and the ultimate in scrooge behaviour on the part of the jailers.  Let them have their gifts and a hint of what christmas means to so many, family, love and goodwill.  When they are released they have a better chance of not re-offending if they do not feel permanently disenfranchised and alienated from the goodwill of their society.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

Also tagged with prisoners, rules, parcels, christmas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users