Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Only one small point. - about god

evolution harmony god hierarchy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Dalien Forester

Dalien Forester

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=nLEbNi_STvU

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

What exactly is the point? Is God Perfect? or is the Universe an "eternal mathematical harmony" - Spooky music and weird voiceovers do not really end up makin any sense or any point.  But that's just my opinion.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I reed in video description : ' there is no God '

And title is ' one small point about God ' :)

No one can say such thing. There is no way to confirm or deny the existance of God and i am sure there are many arguments on both sides, believers and non believers.

I turn to the universe exploration - with enough knowledge and enough time we will know. Universe had to start somewhere - but we say that cuz we are limited. Everything's gotta have its begining and its end. But is it really like that?

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

I took it as theist propaganda attacking the idea that there is no God with the mistaken notion that atheists think the universe is "mathematical harmony," whatever that might be.  Pretty dumb film regardless of what it was trying to say it didn't succeed very well.  This is why I generally don't go watch these things; they tend to be a waste of time.

The notion that the beginning had to have a cause doesn't make sense since before the beginning there would be no causation.  It is only once you have time that causation sets in.

#5    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 December 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

I took it as theist propaganda attacking the idea that there is no God with the mistaken notion that atheists think the universe is "mathematical harmony," whatever that might be.  Pretty dumb film regardless of what it was trying to say it didn't succeed very well.  This is why I generally don't go watch these things; they tend to be a waste of time.

The notion that the beginning had to have a cause doesn't make sense since before the beginning there would be no causation.  It is only once you have time that causation sets in.

Does mathematical harmony point to existance of something like God too? I mean, some things are so precise and really in harmony to think of them as a pure coincidence.

So, as much as someone is trying to use it as a ground for his beliefs that dont include God a believer could use same thing to explain that it was a work of God.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Actually the universe is not very harmonious.  Take the sun and moon for example.  A decent creator would have made the month an integral fraction of the year, but no, we have to have months of different lengths.  So do a decent creator would have made the day an integral fraction of the year, but no we have to have leap years and skipped leap years and it still does not come out quite right.

#7    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,568 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Frank ...
It sounds like, if there is really a God, you would like GOd to apologise for a messed up job of creating a not up to Swiss Mechanical Engineering Standard Solar System :lol:

Awww ... don't get the knickers all twisted ... just joshin'

:)

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 27 December 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Frank ...
It sounds like, if there is really a God, you would like GOd to apologise for a messed up job of creating a not up to Swiss Mechanical Engineering Standard Solar System :lol:

Awww ... don't get the knickers all twisted ... just joshin'

:)
Just pointing out that all the supposed harmony is largely wishful thinking.  The only reason we survive at all is that the earth makes such a small target in such a big space.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,568 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

And the believers would say that that 'only' reason is proof enough of a divine being ...

;)

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#10    muslimexorcism

muslimexorcism

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 99 posts

• Dont depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness. - Ibn Taymiyya

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 27 December 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I turn to the universe exploration - with enough knowledge and enough time we will know. Universe had to start somewhere - but we say that cuz we are limited. Everything's gotta have its begining and its end. But is it really like that?

I wouldn't be counting on that if i were you.
There will be no human life or good technology by then. The universe is really big.

Albert Einstein: " I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

The creator of the heavens and earth doesn't have a beginning and end. It would only be logical to believe in a creator, otherwise there's no explaining life itsself. You can never understand life and existence unless you believe in a creator. Just think deeply about it. People don't think too much about: "where did everything come from?"

In my opinion people can believe in a creator, like most of the world does, but nobody can really deny him. So i don't think there's such a thing as a pure atheist.

Also Read this everybody:  http://jaafaridris.com/the-contemporary-physicists-and-gods-existence/

Abu Huraira reported that a person said: Allah's Messenger, who amongst the people is most deserving of my good treatment? He said: Your mother, again your mother, again your mother, then your father, then your nearest relatives according to the order (of nearness). - Hadith - Sahih Muslim

#11    Anton25

Anton25

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

God lives

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,124 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

View Postmuslimexorcism, on 30 December 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

The creator of the heavens and earth doesn't have a beginning and end. It would only be logical to believe in a creator, otherwise there's no explaining life itsself. You can never understand life and existence unless you believe in a creator. Just think deeply about it. People don't think too much about: "where did everything come from?"
Think about what you just said; "I can't explain it, therefore God did it" is a fallacy.

#13    sards

sards

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 173 posts

• Open Mind

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have to say that God is a very important part of my life.

Also tagged with evolution, harmony, god, hierarchy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users