Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

What happened to Elisa Lam?

elisa lam unexplained disappearance murder video evidence

• Please log in to reply
638 replies to this topic

#16    baking

baking

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

not sure if it has been mentioned but the elevator video has 100% been edited. At 2:57 you clearly see a 'jump' when the doors close. Also, the numbers at the bottom which I assume is the time - when the video is still, notice how the number's dont change in pattern for the seconds/milliseconds, they sometimes stop and skip (watch from 2.30 and how the seconds count up, then at 2.50 it all changes and minutes are skipped)

#17    petermattson

petermattson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

• What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostVincennes, on 02 January 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Here is a site I found.  LOL  How is your Mandarin  ?  It is not a site I would have initially trusted as being on the level.  However, watch past the film opening credits in Chinese to the film itself.  Really good footage of the hallways and the elevator buttons - and he goes all the way up to the cisterns.  The narrator indicates the film guy said there was no security stopping him at all.  The hotel might be saying that there was to CYA because of lawsuits.

http://tieryas.wordp...sa-lam-updates/

I also see in this it's not carpet in the hallway, it's tile.  Doesn't make much difference.  Pattern would not be repeated in exactly the same places.

Peter, you mentioned her actions.  Anyone else notice her steps are somewhat like a dancer, straight forward, then same length straight to the side and she does this repeatedly.  Not the way I would normally step out and to the side under duress.

That video is fascinating! Thanks!

In the original video, it looks to me like she is being playful to mask her fear (or maybe she had a few drinks; it was 2 AM). Then it looks like she could be dancing as you mentioned. It looks at one point like she is showing someone that the elevator door is not closing and then explaining the things she has tried in an attempt to get the door to close.

If she's hallucinating, anything is possible, including the accidental drowning. To me, it looks like she is clearly interacting with another person, perhaps a person (or people) diabolical enough to not be caught on the elevator camera.

#18    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

View Postpetermattson, on 02 January 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

That video is fascinating! Thanks!

In the original video, it looks to me like she is being playful to mask her fear (or maybe she had a few drinks; it was 2 AM). Then it looks like she could be dancing as you mentioned. It looks at one point like she is showing someone that the elevator door is not closing and then explaining the things she has tried in an attempt to get the door to close.

If she's hallucinating, anything is possible, including the accidental drowning. To me, it looks like she is clearly interacting with another person, perhaps a person (or people) diabolical enough to not be caught on the elevator camera.

I never looked at it that she might be being playful but I think you might be right  :tu:   In fact, when I went back to look at it from that standpoint, I noticed something else.  At :35 her eyes change a little, a smile ?  At :36 when the smile might be developed there is a black square that you can see when at full screen that just covers her mouth.  At l:14 she is outside the elevator and you can see one arm rising, a greeting ?  Then when she reenters the elevator, she puts her hands to each side of the doors as if to steady herself.  Was, as you mentioned, she playing a game of hide and seek after a few cocktails  ?

There is another film included on the original posted site that has a close view of the buttons.  They are numbered really oddly.  They go across rather than up and down.  So the row she pushed actually had selections for 14, 10, 7, 4, M.  I had initially read she was not pushing a button for her floor (she was staying on the 4th floor)  but this would mean that she was.  She was pushing 10, 7, 4 and M (ain!)

Edited by Vincennes, 02 January 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#19    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• 2,022 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Okay, I see something else.  At about 2:10 in the film her shoulder draws back then her hands.  Is someone on the left handing her something because from there her hands begin really almost a wringing/twisting motion.  If you stop the film at 2:19 is there a bottle in her hands?  It's only there for an instant off and on when not entirely blacked out.  As she does this her hands and arms go closer in towards her body like she's pulling it to her stomach for a better grip to twist it.

Edited by Vincennes, 02 January 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#20    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

View Postpetermattson, on 02 January 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

For what it's worth, an Internet review of the "upscale hostel" on a travel site from before her death included a description of a window that would not lock with access to the fire escape, meaning anyone could get in or out and perhaps onto the roof via this window.

An emergency shouldn't ever be locked, should it?  Now, there might be an alarm at an emergency exit and that might be the alarm we're reading about in this case, but who knows what happened with that? Maybe it wasn't working...or maybe it did, but by the time it was checked out, it wasn't checked out thoroughly.

View Postpetermattson, on 02 January 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

In my opinion, she only looks like she's hallucinating or having a mental breakdown if you assume that she's the only person.

I would assume she was because she doesn't look afraid, yet she hid in the corner. Those two things plus the fact that we never see anyone else is enough for me to conclude that she was imagining things.
Btw, that she 'hid' before suggests to me that when she made it to the roof, that she might have decided to hide again, in that water tank.

Edited by regi, 03 January 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#21    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

obviously the video has been edited because there are "weird" or "strange" things going on.... just wish we knew what .

Posted Image

#22    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

View Postregi, on 03 January 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

An emergency shouldn't ever be locked, should it?  Now, there might be an alarm at an emergency exit and that might be the alarm we're reading about in this case, but who knows what happened with that? Maybe it wasn't working...or maybe it did, but by the time it was checked out, it wasn't checked out thoroughly.

I would assume she was because she doesn't look afraid, yet she hid in the corner. Those two things plus the fact that we never see anyone else is enough for me to conclude that she was imagining things.
Btw, that she 'hid' before suggests to me that when she made it to the roof, that she might have decided to hide again, in that water tank.

never thought of that, maybe she thought the tank was empty or full of i dont know,  say sand...she cimbed in , and drowned that way

BUT she was naked, so , she either de-clothed herself on the rooftop, chucked her clothes....... to the street below, or hid them somewhere, or SOMEONE de-cothed her and took them with them, what sounds more realistic, ill go with the someone else.....

Edited by CuriousLittleOne, 03 January 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#23    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostVincennes, on 02 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Okay, I see something else.  At about 2:10 in the film her shoulder draws back then her hands.  Is someone on the left handing her something because from there her hands begin really almost a wringing/twisting motion.  If you stop the film at 2:19 is there a bottle in her hands?  It's only there for an instant off and on when not entirely blacked out.  As she does this her hands and arms go closer in towards her body like she's pulling it to her stomach for a better grip to twist it.

There was a point where it looked to me like she was counting on her fingers... :huh:

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 03 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

never thought of that, maybe she thought the tank was empty or full of i dont know,  say sand...she cimbed in , and drowned that way

Your comment causes me to wonder if the tank might actually could have been empty....(at first, of course.)
I read a little bit about rooftop water tanks and the info. was very interesting! I'd never thought about their actual purpose and I didn't know it, but they're used so that there's water pressure on upper floors of tall buildings.

#24    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

View Postregi, on 03 January 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

There was a point where it looked to me like she was counting on her fingers... :huh:

Your comment causes me to wonder if the tank might actually could have been empty....(at first, of course.)
I read a little bit about rooftop water tanks and the info. was very interesting! I'd never thought about their actual purpose and I didn't know it, but they're used so that there's water pressure on upper floors of tall buildings.

ok , tank is almost empty, couple of inches full, knee hight, whatever......... slowly elisa looses her life, whilst the water fills back up .

Posted Image

#25    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 03 January 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

ok , tank is almost empty, couple of inches full, knee hight, whatever......... slowly elisa looses her life, whilst the water fills back up .

I feel sure about one thing; that she couldn't get out of that tank once she got in.
The tank was relatively small, I read it was 4 feet wide, but it was 8 feet tall and the hatch was a small. (Firefighters opted to cut a larger opening so they could retrieve her body.)
Anyway, I think once that hatch closed, it would have simply been too difficult to get out.

#26    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

any possible livor mortis would be good infomation ( livor and rigor fasinate me way too much)

also from the roof images there seem to be a collection of aout 4 water towers, what one was she found in?????

Posted Image

#27    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• 2,022 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 03 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

BUT she was naked, so , she either de-clothed herself on the rooftop, chucked her clothes....... to the street below, or hid them somewhere, or SOMEONE de-cothed her and took them with them, what sounds more realistic, ill go with the someone else.....

I hadn't read that she was naked !  In fact I hadn't thought of it before but I haven't seen anything regarding her clothes when the body was found.  Could you link in that report.

View Postregi, on 03 January 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

I feel sure about one thing; that she couldn't get out of that tank once she got in.
The tank was relatively small, I read it was 4 feet wide, but it was 8 feet tall and the hatch was a small. (Firefighters opted to cut a larger opening so they could retrieve her body.)
Anyway, I think once that hatch closed, it would have simply been too difficult to get out.

I didn't think they were small at all.  They even look higher to me than 8'.

View Postregi, on 03 January 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

I ran across one film in which the narrator pointed out there were multiple stops and changes of speed in the film.  When the doors first close to descend there are 59 sec. cut out.  I'll try to find that again.  He also wondered why the original time indicator is over written in black so you can't see it clearly.

:tu: :tu: :tu:   That is a really interesting theory.  I believe their are four tanks (didn't think to count them)I would think that they probably didn't need all of them full to keep up the water pressure (I didn't realize that's what they were for either :-*)   I wonder why though the first indication of a water problem was that pressure slowed.  Thinking that over, I don't doubt that it happened but why ?  I first accepted it as her body was blocking the flow out.  Well that doesn't make too much sense the body would float to the top of the tank.  Would there be that much suction at some time to drag the body down, then what released it, because they said it corrected.

I think she was playing at :38 she backs in the corner and her eyes change, then her cheekbone rises, then her mouth is blacked out. At some point at least in the beginning, I think she was playing with someone.  Hide and seek would mean she might have attempted to hide in the tank.  Is there a ladder on the interior of the tank? If it was empty as you suggested that makes sense ~~~ I guess it does maybe if you add into that she was drunk or high on something.

Edited by Vincennes, 03 January 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#28    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Vinecennes, could you please be more careful when you quote me? I've noticed several times lately where you've quoted me and included other posters words within my quote.

Re: the water pressure, one article described the body as 'wedged'...

Re: whether the tank was empty when she first got into it, that's a complete guess. I was simply wondering...

Edited by regi, 03 January 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#29    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

its mentioned in the topic and various news posts on youtube that she was found naked in the tank

Posted Image

#30    petermattson

petermattson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

• What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

View Postregi, on 03 January 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I was saying that there was a review that mentioned a window that didn't lock with access to the fire escape. A window that doubles as an emergency exit should still have the ability to be locked, right? This window could not be locked.

Why would you assume she has to be afraid? Maybe she met this person or people earlier and has no reason to fear them. I think it's a stretch to say playfully hiding in the corner of an elevator suggests she then may have hid in a difficult-to-access water tank, naked.

My current theory: She is looking for adventure and the person or people she's with tell her about how to get on the roof of the hotel, she goes willingly with him/her/them and from there her naked body ends up in the water tank. It's easy for me to believe she may have been tipsy and willingly went on an adventure (she was 21) but difficult for me to believe she willingly took her clothes off and climbed into the water tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users