Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

China ?

china world war war usa

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Chance of China making first strike in any way? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Might China make first strike on ( Any for now ) country?

1. Yes (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. No (13 votes [54.17%])

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

3. 50~50 (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

4. I will start digging?! (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,927 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

As I recall China did make a first strike against Tibet, and just because they could barely fight back does that mean it didn't happen???  See, you people are wrong.  And I'm sure all of the many different territories and countries that make up what is now China would tell you that certainly the Chinese would and have many times struck first.

#17    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,665 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Wheyver would they want to? Since they either export to just about everywhere, or just about everywhere owes them very large sums of money, they'd be very very silly to jeopardise any of those markets by launching Military action, which, even if it wasn't directly on a country that they either trade with or owe them money, would surely inevitably bugger up global trade good & proper.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#18    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

"“to deepen preparations for potential conflict to ensure that the troops are ready if called upon not only to fight, but to win.”"

No ***** Sherlock, they're not only training their troops to fight if necessary, but to win?? What an outrageous notion.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#19    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostOverSword, on 30 December 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Can it truly be said that the Chinese government in the 1950's is the same today?
No, thankfully it seems to be a lot more pragmatic than the days of Chairman Mao.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#20    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 31 December 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

No, thankfully it seems to be a lot more pragmatic than the days of Chairman Mao.
Yes, thankfully.  The ideological idiots now are mostly in the States.

#21    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,910 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

once China starts having domestic problems for which there are many coming down the tracks. inevitable, demographics, the rise in living standards, the inability to resource an aging population and resource a population of 1.2 Billion and all the problems that brings etc... this is when they'll make their move. because at this point they'll have nothing to lose.

Just look at all the goings on in the south china sea. Japan, South Korea and then we have India which never gets a mention. the Indo China border is one of the most heavily militarised borders in the world. how many wars/skirmishes have happened over the last fifty years? 1987 was a year when the pair nearly came to blows.

i've said it before look no further than the aircraft carrier to highlight a countries future military ambitions. China have one carrier named Liaoning, (ex Russian Carrier) and are planning more, in Janes weekly a few years back a article by a high ranking PLAN naval officer stated the 21st century is the 'age of the sea' and only last year the Brazilian Navy started training Chinese crews in preparation for carrier operations.

India will have to thwart Chinese domination in the Indian ocean. India has two Aircraft Carriers INS Viraat (ex Royal Navy, better known to us as HMS Hermes. who took part in the Falklands war) and the second carrier is INS Vikramaditya (ex Russian)

you only have to google janes defence weekly, and you can see with the rise of India and China the age of one dominant superpower is coming to an end, the end of Pax Americana. - 20 years from now the world will look a very different place geopolitically.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

If the Chinese leadership is as smart as I think they are, they will curb the nationalistic and hegemonic instincts that are inherently found within the population of any large and important country and put an emphasis on world economic integration and peace.  It is in the Party's best interest, as the above poster pointed out the country is not without problems.  However, we should not overstate the problems to imply some sort of collapse is in the cards, because it very definitely is not and overall the country is one of the best governed states in the world.

#23    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Why would they need to?

Economically speaking they already own very large portions of Foreign economies,They could call in their Money owed by the US tomorrow and cause massive problems for Obama.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 31 December 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Why would they need to?

Economically speaking they already own very large portions of Foreign economies,They could call in their Money owed by the US tomorrow and cause massive problems for Obama.
Well that sounds neat but they couldn't: the debt instruments have maturities.  An attempt to sell them all would ruin their value.

#25    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 31 December 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

i've said it before look no further than the aircraft carrier to highlight a countries future military ambitions. China have one carrier named Liaoning, (ex Russian Carrier) and are planning more, in Janes weekly a few years back a article by a high ranking PLAN naval officer stated the 21st century is the 'age of the sea' and only last year the Brazilian Navy started training Chinese crews in preparation for carrier operations.

India will have to thwart Chinese domination in the Indian ocean. India has two Aircraft Carriers INS Viraat (ex Royal Navy, better known to us as HMS Hermes. who took part in the Falklands war) and the second carrier is INS Vikramaditya (ex Russian)

you only have to google janes defence weekly, and you can see with the rise of India and China the age of one dominant superpower is coming to an end, the end of Pax Americana. - 20 years from now the world will look a very different place geopolitically.
So does that mean that David "Cameron"'s mega-carrier project means that he has ambitions for global domination?

H. P. Lovecraft.

#26    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,927 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 31 December 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

So does that mean that David "Cameron"'s mega-carrier project means that he has ambitions for global domination?
NO, it means he's getting ready to defend his country in what he knows is not going to be some touchy feely peaceful world of the future.  Pobably he is more informed and has a better idea of this than we pleebs do.

#27    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

The scary thought of another cold war looms.  Not now but in the next ten years I think it will heat up.

The difference is that unlike Russia who simply ran out of money China has most of the worlds money.  I think our children will grow up in a world with even more tension than ours.

I have nothing against Chinese people, however I find it uneasy that a country with appalling human rights to it's own people could dominate and carry on it further than its own borders.

Posted Image

#28    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostOverSword, on 31 December 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

NO, it means he's getting ready to defend his country in what he knows is not going to be some touchy feely peaceful world of the future.  Pobably he is more informed and has a better idea of this than we pleebs do.
is that David Cameron we're talking about here?

H. P. Lovecraft.

#29    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,927 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 31 December 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

is that David Cameron we're talking about here?
Good come back.

#30    third_eye

third_eye

¤_Ě M ă Ġ î ń Ć Ř Ī ü Ş_ ¤

• 8,780 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

the fear mongering market just went bullish ... what a way to start a new year .... in the same old persistent mind ruts

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

Also tagged with china, world war, war, usa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users