Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is modern ufology dead?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#76    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

View Postdr no, on 03 January 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Yet lots of people have revealed secrets concerning spying,nuclear weapons etc so why not ufos?Do you not find it suspicious knowing how many people over the years would be involved in such a cover up yet not one credible witness has come forward?

There will never be credible witnesses!  What would make them credible, being a president, an astronaut, NORAD, military law enforcement,  forget that.

Evidence for hackers, I think not, not all files are kept online.

Massive cover up like conspiracy theorists would say, not really, since even the players don't know the whole game or who the other players are. Very few if any would know the all the implications of all the different UFO types people witness, natural causes and  otherwise. I'd  venture to say that those who know enough also know it is best to leave it as mysterious things or hoaxes.

#77    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 05 January 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

There will never be credible witnesses!  What would make them credible, being a president, an astronaut, NORAD, military law enforcement,  forget that.

Massive cover up like conspiracy theorists would say, not really, since even the players don't know the whole game or who the other players are. Very few if any would know the all the implications of all the different UFO types people witness, natural causes and  otherwise. I'd  venture to say that those who know enough also know it is best to leave it as mysterious things or hoaxes.

A credible witness would have some proof not hearsay evidence,files like Snowden revealed for example.

#78    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

We get these big brouhahas about this or that spying revelation -- there have been several in the last year -- that supposedly tell us all the secrets, but nothing concrete or specific ever seems to come from them.

I read a lot of the "revelations" from the last go-round, and all it seemed to be were papers from American diplomats stating the US position and reasons for them.  What is so damn damaging about that?

Now we know that the States has electronic data-collecting efforts going on.  Didn't we already know that?  I sometimes wonder if these guys who risk their necks to "reveal" these secrets aren't being used and the real secrets remain.

#79    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 05 January 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Even if a UFO did appear on someone's front lawn they would only claim it was the military.

If NASA admitted the phenomena someone could just claim it was more misinformation.

There are ready made answers for everything.

Skepticism is a condition that cannot be satisfied.  That's obvious.

Posted Image

#80    outoftheworld

outoftheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

its funny how

View Postzoser, on 05 January 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Even if a UFO did appear on someone's front lawn they would only claim it was the military.

If NASA admitted the phenomena someone could just claim it was more misinformation.

Actually i have heard that before..

`even if a craft landed on the whitehouse lawn you would say fake`..

actually no i wouldnt, i would only say fake if a clear dummy came out and it was a prank show, if i saw an alien being walk out, of course i would say `great we have proof`

i am not a skeptic, im a believer, honestly.....

but after years of following the `ufo industry` i am extremely skeptical and dis-enchanted with 90 per cent of it

#81    Duck33

Duck33

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Scepticism can be satisfied just as science can be satisfied and draw conclusions based on available evidence. All that need be presented is 'good evidence' and you will change every sceptic's opinion. The frustrating thing for most believers is the fact that sceptics (just as scientists) will not accept anecdotes as 'good' evidence and the vast majority of the evidence put foward in these cases is anecdotal. The evidence that is not anecdotal is at best ambiguous, and in most cases ambiguity is the only thing that stands between a paranormal claim and a mundane explanation.

#82    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

A UFO or an alien space craft?  They are not synonyms.

#83    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

That is true.

#84    KillTime74

KillTime74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Maybe some people want it dead?  I actually found plenty of good information over the years, reading books, looking at videos, etc.  Just about everything that has made the public domain has supposedly been debunked, but careful analysis proves otherwise.  Truth is in the eyes of the beholder, not the government.

This is one of the most solid cases imo.  You can even see the beings that are piloting the craft.

#85    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

While zoser could find a rock in his backyard and declare aliens made it.

#86    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostKillTime74, on 05 January 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

This is one of the most solid cases imo.  You can even see the beings that are piloting the craft.

Solid case eh? :lol:   It was the top of a cruise ship, with luck you may have seen some crew  :tu:

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 05 January 2014 - 06:21 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#87    KillTime74

KillTime74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 January 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Solid case eh? :lol:   It was the top of a cruise ship, with luck you may have seen some crew  :tu:

Posted Image

Thats a pretty good match.  Wow!  The people taking the video must have been fooled.  I certainly was.  Its not everyday you see aliens flying a saucer.

#88    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostKillTime74, on 05 January 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Thats a pretty good match.  Wow!  The people taking the video must have been fooled.  I certainly was.  Its not everyday you see aliens flying a saucer.

Ha, well done for not trying to insist it was a ufo as some would - and then arguing for a few pages!!  :tu:    Theres more debunks with images and vids here

https://www.google.c...tHOGt7Qb6-IGQCA

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#89    KillTime74

KillTime74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 January 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Ha, well done for not trying to insist it was a ufo as some would - and then arguing for a few pages!!  :tu: Theres more debunks with images and vids here

https://www.google.c...tHOGt7Qb6-IGQCA

Well to be honest I haven't looked much into it.  I saw the video on youtube, it seemed convincing enough and I believed it.  Then I posted it here.  If the debunking was sketchy, believe me I wouldnt give up so easy.  :)

#90    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 January 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, to be honest, people who would choose to vacation that way are alien to me.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users