Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is modern ufology dead?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#91    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostKillTime74, on 05 January 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I haven't looked much into it.  I saw the video on youtube, it seemed convincing enough and I believed it.  Then I posted it here.

This is a problem for ufology.. Its called zoseritis

youtube

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#92    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostKillTime74, on 05 January 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Maybe some people want it dead?  I actually found plenty of good information over the years, reading books, looking at videos, etc.  Just about everything that has made the public domain has supposedly been debunked, but careful analysis proves otherwise.  Truth is in the eyes of the beholder, not the government.

This is one of the most solid cases imo.  You can even see the beings that are piloting the craft.

I agree.  People have tried to make out all kinds of rubbish about this incident.  Even using CGI to claim a hoax.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Posted Image

#93    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

View Postoutoftheworld, on 31 December 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Yeh we hear the stories about `lights over lake eeerie` blah blah, but nothing seems to eventful ever happen in the ufo community.

All we have are channelers going on about love and light.

And all the supposed `good cases` are from decades or half a century ago, and they are mostly testimonies or second hand hear say..

I think this is why when i first got into ufology about 8 years ago, i contacted some local ufo groups who told me they had shut down due to lack of participation, i could not understand why.

And now i know why, it isnt so much as a lack of attention span, its a fact that there really is nothing..  and either aliens are smart and cover up and cloak everything...
or people have lied about what they saw,  there is only two explanations.

Back a few years ago, even if they turned out to be terrestrial occurances, there were stil incidents like the norway spiral, or the supposed ufo over airports that caused disturbances..  but nowadays there is nothing.. its as if the 2012 doomsday hoax has killed off any interest in aliens/ ufos, ive even noticed theres a severe reduction in even fake cgi videos made..  people just do not care anymore.

Maybe its the fact that with science and all the top people saying that statistically there has to be life out there now, that it just isnt a big deal the thought of aliens anymore.. so less people trying to hoax the public, and less things to look at..

Either way, i am very disenchanted with ufology

Dare I say that they are ALL second hand hearsay.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#94    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostKillTime74, on 05 January 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Thats a pretty good match.  Wow!  The people taking the video must have been fooled.  I certainly was.  Its not everyday you see aliens flying a saucer.

The skeptics hoaxing again.

Here is what the Turkey UFO really looked like.

Posted Image

The debunkers debunked (yet again).

Edited by zoser, 05 January 2014 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

#95    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 January 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#96    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 January 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Solid case eh? :lol:   It was the top of a cruise ship, with luck you may have seen some crew  :tu:

Posted Image

So you see this is why outoftheworld is 90% disenchanted with UFO. Lots of crap out there or  bait and switch in the rare real cases.

#97    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 05 January 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

So you see this is why outoftheworld is 90% disenchanted with UFO. Lots of crap out there or  bait and switch in the rare real cases.

Brilliant....just brilliant.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#98    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 January 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Solid case eh? :lol:   It was the top of a cruise ship, with luck you may have seen some crew  :tu:

Posted Image

Again brilliant.......Zoser, any smart ass comments?

― Groucho Marx

#99    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 05 January 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

UFO's are real.  There have certainly been things in the air that were not readily understood by witnesses be they natural or man-made.  Unfortunately, to many people, UFO = ET.  I prefer to avoid jumping to conclusions and stick with the original USAF definition of something in the air that has not been positively identified.

Edited by sinewave, 05 January 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#100    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 January 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

The debunkers debunked (yet again).

Wow....looks just like the top of a cruise ship.......uncanny.

― Groucho Marx

#101    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

I would hazzard a guess that much like the reason that politics is held in such low esteem. i.e. anyone who is interested in it shouldn't be part of it, holds true for ufology.

― Groucho Marx

#102    KillTime74

KillTime74

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Alien craft capable of traversing light year distances, or even inter-stellar distances, would in all likelyhood.....here it comes..............CLOAK!

Thats why people dont see them often.  The aliens are multidimensional and can materialise in and out of our 3D existance.  Heck even the american government managed to cloak the USS eldridge during the philadelphia experiment(back in the 60s?).  Of course the experiment never really happened officially.  It was a top secret project called rainbow. You have to manipulate energy at the subatomic particle level.

Nearly all the ufo videos posted on youtube are misidentifications or purposeful hoaxes.

#103    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostKillTime74, on 05 January 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Alien craft capable of traversing light year distances, or even inter-stellar distances, would in all likelyhood.....here it comes..............CLOAK!

Thats why people dont see them often.  The aliens are multidimensional and can materialise in and out of our 3D existance.  Heck even the american government managed to cloak the USS eldridge during the philadelphia experiment(back in the 60s?).  Of course the experiment never really happened officially.  It was a top secret project called rainbow. You have to manipulate energy at the subatomic particle level.

Nearly all the ufo videos posted on youtube are misidentifications or purposeful hoaxes.

Please, not the Philadelphia BS again.... :no:

#104    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 31 December 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Modern Ufology? Ufology is as modern as modern gets. It's a newer phenom. Unless you ask a fringe, then of course Modern Ufology would be fitting.

I think you have a lot of reading to do...

Posted Image

#105    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

We  will have many,many more years of Modern UFOLOGY ! THis one can be certin  about ! :alien:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users