Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Awareness of God

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,633 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Awareness of God

The simple awareness of God, gently held, like the calm center of a storm is in truth, reality.  Time flows like a dream, the stream life has its different currents; yet it moves forward over the rocks and down the falls and finally when its journey is over into the ocean.  We are pilgrims, there is no rest, we cannot cling, but we can abide in the infinite presence of a love that we will spend an eternity seeking deeper understanding and yes knowing, in an unending revelation.

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,068 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

~ I bow ~

:tu:

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I can work with that. :nw:

I don't agree on anthropomorphizing the DIVINE, but God to me is the breath of life, an everlasting love that has the power to keep the world in order. I think the ultimate awareness is that God is the supreme enlightenment. Like I have said many times before- I think of myself flying in the sky with xray vision being able to see every heartbeat in the Universe. God is every heartbeat

#4    XenoFish

XenoFish

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

• Haven't seen me in a while?

I've seen you just fine.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

If god is love then become love. No prayers can compare to the kindness of a good soul.

What is the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can change the world and rewrite all the rules.
We all are Gods and Demons-exerting the energy of will to squeeze the anarchic creativity of nature into our own image.

#5    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Awareness of God
The simple awareness of God, gently held, like the calm center of a storm is in truth, reality.  Time flows like a dream, the stream life has its different currents; yet it moves forward over the rocks and down the falls and finally when its journey is over into the ocean.  We are pilgrims, there is no rest, we cannot cling, but we can abide in the infinite presence of a love that we will spend an eternity seeking deeper understanding and yes knowing, in an unending revelation.

I enjoy reading your thoughts Mark.... thank you.

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#6    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,633 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 02 January 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

~ I bow ~

:tu:

LOL :nw:

View PostJack Skellington, on 03 January 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

[/center]
I enjoy reading your thoughts Mark.... thank you.

Thank, your most welcome.

peace
Mark

View PostXenoFish, on 03 January 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

If god is love then become love. No prayers can compare to the kindness of a good soul.

Very true, thank you.
Peace
Mark

View PostSpore, on 03 January 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

I don't agree on anthropomorphizing the DIVINE, but God to me is the breath of life, an everlasting love that has the power to keep the world in order. I think the ultimate awareness is that God is the supreme enlightenment. Like I have said many times before- I think of myself flying in the sky with xray vision being able to see every heartbeat in the Universe. God is every heartbeat

Very beautiful, thank you.

Peace
Mark

#7    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

I learned a new word and I agree with it.
Markdohle: you have the talent of a writer/author you are so descriptive. But when it comes to an awareness of God your description effects me like cotton candy - seems sweet but quickly disintegrates into nothing substantial.

Sorry

#8    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostCopen, on 04 January 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Markdohle: you have the talent of a writer/author you are so descriptive. But when it comes to an awareness of God your description effects me like cotton candy - seems sweet but quickly disintegrates into nothing substantial.

Sorry

SIMPLE EQUATION
Posted Image

God is the Original Impulse of Creation, the Divine Spark. The pause between the impulse to create and creation itself. It is implosion and explosion; impetus and stimulus. Original Impulse of Creation is that which brings anything and everything into existence from the Divine Mother and through the Divine Father. (symbolic)

#9    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Sorry

Wow Copen can you not see the light shining from Mark?

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#10    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,633 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Sorry

No need to say your sorry my friend.  I understand.

Peace
Mark

#11    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I want to know what you know about god. Enlightment sounds ambiguous and deceptive. What makes you so sure your "breath of life" is god? Do you believe you'll be enlightened when you die?

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,386 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostJesus Loves Us, on 04 January 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I want to know what you know about god. Enlightment sounds ambiguous and deceptive. What makes you so sure your "breath of life" is god? Do you believe you'll be enlightened when you die?
Romans 1:25 -"they worship the creations rather than the Creator".  God IS the breath of life and all other things of creation but He is so much MORE that this description limits him to only what mankind can describe or understand.  That god is WAYYYY too small :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#13    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Are you saying the human soul is god? Is the breath in Gen2:7 a means to activate the soul? If soul is god how can god destroy god? If soul is god why do we need god?

Edited by Jesus Loves Us, 04 January 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#14    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,633 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostJesus Loves Us, on 04 January 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I am a Christian my friend, I believe in the Love of God as manifested through Jesus Christ.  His teaching and how he related to people is for me the lessons I seek to understand on a deeper level.  I think in terms of abandonment to God,s will in my life, to arise when I fall, and to seek to love others as Christ taught.

Peace
Mark

#15    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

My other post was directed to and then. I like you post. Christ is with you I feel it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users