Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do Not Hunt Cryptids!

cryptids

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

So guys i was watching this new show called Monsters and Mysteries in America. Its only aired a couple of episodes and i happened to notice something strange about the first couple of episodes they had no "warning" before each episode aired. However this time they do.

You are about to witness reenactments of real encounters with terrifying mysterious creatures.

Hunting these monsters can result in your death.

DON'T ATTEMPT IT.

I have been a part of this website for 5+ years and have visited it daily. If someone were to die by hunting these Cryptids i am sure this website would of been the first to stumble upon it or post about and i have never heard of anyone dieing from hunting these animals. So why would this show put up a warning like that? Instead of the normal "Viewer Discretion be advised". ?

#2    Zirna

Zirna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

It's probably just to grab the viewers attention.

The Dictum of St. Thomas Aquinas:

Omnes angeli, boni et Mali, ex virtute naturali habent potestatem transmutandi corpora nostra

#3    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

I'm not a Mutant.

• 1,584 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

They really want to scare the kiddies?

#4    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

I dunno, do you really want to be the scuba diver that discovers megalodon?

#5    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,218 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostGromdor, on 02 January 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

I dunno, do you really want to be the scuba diver that discovers megalodon?

Good point. But there is still some danger from hunting these animals. But maybe not the animals themselves but the animals that are confirmed and known to exist in the areas reported by the people.

#6    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Well I intended to hunt it and kill it then bring it back for proper study.

#7    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Sure it can result in my death.
(Eating candy or taking a bath could result in my death too.)
It just won't be from an attack by any imaginary cryptids.

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,529 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 02 January 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sure it can result in my death.
(Eating candy or taking a bath could result in my death too.)
It just won't be from an attack by any imaginary cryptids.
Jayz, I'm never gonna eat candy or take a bath ever again

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 02 January 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

Jayz, I'm never gonna eat candy or take a bath ever again

Haha! Better to do nothing, but even that can kill you...

#10    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

Well, hunting Bigfoot, Mothman, Chupacabre, and the lizard man will not get you killed.

Now, back when I was in Nahm as a special ops sniper, doing secret service work for the US, I saw things that curled my toes, but none of them like above. The VC's could kill you, if you were not specially trained, and very brave like me.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#11    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

True Dat! The only thing I can say positively is that at some point we will die. How is irrelevant really. I would like to die doing something I enjoyed doing. Beat heck out dying from old age alone.

#12    Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

I think the point here is that most people sitting watching the show will likely have next to no outdoors and/or hunting experience. The target audience likely isn't seasoned ex Navy seals and Bear Grylls. Thus the disclaimer...

#13    Dougward5

Dougward5

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

I would never have thought of that point. .almost everyone I know grew  up hunting . Sometimes I forget some places in America don't start kids camping at 3 and shooting at 5 ..but your right I suppose . I still say the disclaimer is hollywood b.s.

#14    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,949 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 02 January 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

So guys i was watching this new show called Monsters and Mysteries in America. Its only aired a couple of episodes and i happened to notice something strange about the first couple of episodes they had no "warning" before each episode aired. However this time they do.

I have been a part of this website for 5+ years and have visited it daily. If someone were to die by hunting these Cryptids i am sure this website would of been the first to stumble upon it or post about and i have never heard of anyone dieing from hunting these animals. So why would this show put up a warning like that? Instead of the normal "Viewer Discretion be advised". ?

It's the CMA game. If they have the show, and some knob decides to go traipsing the woods and get's themselves hurt or killed, they can sue the pants off the show and possibly the station... Cept you put in one dramatic sounding blurb at the beginning, and you have CMA.
Some of the comedy shows like Tosh.0 or Jackass have those sorts of disclaimers too, don't do this stuff folks, you could get hurt. Heck, even ads now often have disclaimers on the bottom "done in a closed course by professionals. do not attempt this at home".

Now it could be that the first couple episodes didn't have the CMA because they didn't think they needed it. Maybe something happened in the show itself, or a similar show that the legal department figured a CMA was needed in later episodes. Could be someone on the advertising team thought it was a good drama point to put it in too.

I can't recall ever hearing of a cryptid killing a hunter. But I have to imagine that there have been people hurt or killed by other things while out looking for cryptids. I know there's cases of this in ghost hunting.

#15    Xynoplas

Xynoplas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostZero2Hero, on 03 January 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

I think the point here is that most people sitting watching the show will likely have next to no outdoors and/or hunting experience. The target audience likely isn't seasoned ex Navy seals and Bear Grylls. Thus the disclaimer...

Good answer. They don't want to be liable for a bunch of yahoos running around shooting anything that moves, or more of that which we have already.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -The Buddha

http://bugsinspace.wordpress.com/

Also tagged with cryptids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users