Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 1 votes

Kim Jong Un fed his uncle to 120 starving dog


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,688 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Kim Jong Un fed his uncle to 120 starving dogs: report

Forget the hangman’s noose, the firing squad or lethal injection: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un executed his uncle and a handful of the man’s aides by feeding them to a horde of 120 starving dogs, according to a shocking account.
Jang Song Thaek, the former No. 2 official in the secretive regime, was stripped naked and tossed into a cage along with his five closest aides.
“Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up. This is called ‘quan jue’, or execution by dogs,” according to the Straits Times of Singapore. The daily relied on a description of the execution in a Hong Kong newspaper that serves as the official mouthpiece of China’s government.
LINK

My question is to Dennis Rodman:  You still call this guy your friend?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#2    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 13,038 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

I wonder if that's true or if it's an invention to make those who would rebel fear him more?

Edited by OverSword, 03 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.


#3    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,688 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I wonder if that's true or if it's an invention to make those who would rebel fear him more?
Who knows what's true in this age of misinformation.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#4    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I wonder if that's true or if it's an invention to make those who would rebel fear him more?
Good question. Here we have Yahoo News reporting that the Strait Times of Singapore reported that Chinese media reported that this happened. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

120 dogs? That must be a huge cage.


#5    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,688 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 03 January 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Good question. Here we have Yahoo News reporting that the Strait Times of Singapore reported that Chinese media reported that this happened. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

120 dogs? That must be a huge cage.
Yes, but...if ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX, all cover it...then...it must be true right?  If EVERYONE in the media says its true it must be true right?  All we 'know' is what people with their own agendas tell us.  We don't really 'know' anything about much.  We live in an age where all information is at our fingertips...and we can't believe more than 2% of it.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,251 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX covered 'the report' of the incidence ... not the incidence itself ... maybe the UNcle said something insulting about Dennis Rodman ...

:)

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 January 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yes, but...if ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX, all cover it...then...it must be true right?  If EVERYONE in the media says its true it must be true right?  All we 'know' is what people with their own agendas tell us.  We don't really 'know' anything about much.  We live in an age where all information is at our fingertips...and we can't believe more than 2% of it.
Huh? No, it does not have to be true if they report it. Did I say that? I don't follow these networks anyway. I prefer publically fundet outlets.

What I meant is that all the sources, including the origininal source, the Straight Times of Singapore, refer to reports of other media. That makes me wonder. It's this copy/paste mentality that brought contemporary media in the position they are now.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 03 January 2014 - 04:41 PM.


#8    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,688 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 03 January 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Huh? No, it does not have to be true if they report it. Did I say that? I don't follow these networks anyway. I prefer publically fundet outlets.

What I meant is that all the sources, including the origininal source, the Straight Times of Singapore, refer to reports of other media. That makes me wonder. It's this copy/paste mentality that brought contemporary media in the position they are now.
I think  you missed what I intended to be ...obvious sarcasm...in my post.  That's exactly my point...he said, she said...on a global media scale.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#9    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 January 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

I think  you missed what I intended to be ...obvious sarcasm...in my post.  That's exactly my point...he said, she said...on a global media scale.
Alright then, I didn't catch that, it's late here. :)


#10    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,641 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 January 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yes, but...if ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX, all cover it...then...it must be true right?  If EVERYONE in the media says its true it must be true right?  All we 'know' is what people with their own agendas tell us.  We don't really 'know' anything about much.  We live in an age where all information is at our fingertips...and we can't believe more than 2% of it.
Man you NAILED IT!  When I was a kid in the 60's there was ABC,NBC,CBS and almost no variation in the real news of the day.  But it was like words from the mountain top - no doubts.  Now we have such a blizzard of information (but it's being created by individuals who we wonder if we can trust)  that it is seemingly more useless than those 3 networks of so long ago.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,654 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

View Postand then, on 03 January 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Man you NAILED IT!  When I was a kid in the 60's there was ABC,NBC,CBS and almost no variation in the real news of the day.  But it was like words from the mountain top - no doubts.  Now we have such a blizzard of information (but it's being created by individuals who we wonder if we can trust)  that it is seemingly more useless than those 3 networks of so long ago.
The big question that comes out of this is which outlets do you believe? If you look at this board, lot's of people just turn around and start blindly believing sites like infowars, which are highly misleading and pushing their own agenda as well.

I try to get as big of an input as possible. Multiple sources, mainly in German and English. If you follow them for a while, you can easily decipher their tactics, and know how to value the info available. ALways think about what you read, and always try to find different perspectives, even if they might not suit your personal ideology. After all, it's always important to know what your enemy thinks. ;)


#12    Chosen Undead

Chosen Undead

    I'm not a Mutant.

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Joined:23 May 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Address Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Why 120?

Wouldn't surprise me if this is just false, and surprisingly, it wouldn't surprise me even if this was true.


#13    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

    Queen of the UM Asylum

  • Member
  • 5,026 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

:unsure2:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#14    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,688 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 03 January 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

The big question that comes out of this is which outlets do you believe? If you look at this board, lot's of people just turn around and start blindly believing sites like infowars, which are highly misleading and pushing their own agenda as well.

I try to get as big of an input as possible. Multiple sources, mainly in German and English. If you follow them for a while, you can easily decipher their tactics, and know how to value the info available. ALways think about what you read, and always try to find different perspectives, even if they might not suit your personal ideology. After all, it's always important to know what your enemy thinks. ;)
Everything we hear and see should be run first the Filter of Common Sense...the only problem is...Common Sense isn't anymore.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#15    Purplos

Purplos

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,552 posts
  • Joined:03 Apr 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fighting ennui in suburban NJ

  • Everything important is infinite.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Wouldn't the 120 starving dogs fight and eat each other? Why did they suddenly see naked guys as prey instead?

This sounds like scare-mongering for status to me.

Embrace the impossible.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users