Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

You're going to hell! Join us or die ?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Hell or hades only means the grave.
When we get old we are all going to "hell" one day.

Even Jesus was in Hell The Grave.

It's not a magical place with Eternal fire and devils feeding homer simpson donuts.

Is that the best they can do? Join the church or go to hell?

I am tired of these fools saying if you do magic or you believe this or that you are going to hell.

Well of course, because we will all go to the grave one day.
Unless you are an undead vampire or something.

Let the games commence.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#2    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

So, what are you looking for here?

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#3    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,384 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 04 January 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

It's not a magical place with Eternal fire and devils feeding homer simpson donuts.

I am tired of these fools saying if you do magic or you believe this or that you are going to hell.

Let the games commence.

What you need is some type of anti-christian fanatic amulet or talisman to ward off those nasty fanatic christians. Then you could use it and say "Away with you Jesus god. Do not send your servants to me"

Conjuring up a fire spitting demon helps to.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,032 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

he/she wants an argument i think.
frankly i'm tired of religion based arguments.

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,629 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

I hear ya, man, I deal with it all the time.  Why would I want to go to heaven if all my friends are in hell. What I say to them is "Satan is bringing the wings, I'm doing the deviled eggs, what are you bring?"

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,729 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Here is Robert Price on the subject.

Posted Image
Leviticus 14 2 Peter 1:16
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <--Science of belief

#7    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostPurifier, on 04 January 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

What you need is some type of anti-christian fanatic amulet or talisman to ward off those nasty fanatic christians. Then you could use it and say "Away with you Jesus god. Do not send your servants to me"

Conjuring up a fire spitting demon helps to.

You can buy those? I want some to hand out to the Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door. Either that or a really big pentagram.

#8    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 04 January 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

I hear ya, man, I deal with it all the time.  Why would I want to go to heaven if all my friends are in hell. What I say to them is "Satan is bringing the wings, I'm doing the deviled eggs, what are you bring?"

I'll bring devils food cake.

#9    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 17,009 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Let the games commence.
You've just presented the true biblical teaching on this matter.

Yes al humans die and go the grave where they ALL rest as if asleep until the two judgement days. On the first  those who are saved are given immortal life. On the second those not saved are killed, body and soul. they cease to exist physically or as spiritual entities.

There is no torment in some sort of hades/hell, because as you said, hell is just the grave and the only  biblical consequence of bad behaviour is death. But the righteous are rewarded with a new and immortal life not in heaven but on a new earth,  described as being much like eden is described as being. While not a bible believer this is the account laid out in the bible for anyone to read. The  'early" catholic church added the rest to make the threat of hell more scary and to win more converts.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Different religions have different views on what hell is like, not everybody is sent there. Also when you die you just become worm and maggot food

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,032 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 05 January 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

Different religions have different views on what hell is like, not everybody is sent there. Also when you die you just become worm and maggot food
not if you're cremated

#12    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 6,992 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

"Magic" is the exaltation of the will of the magician over that of the deity.  Every person who asks god for a favor is practicing magic.  And that's really a useless exercise because. presumably, god already knew what he was going to do, so he isn't really changing anything.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#13    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,746 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Most religious people that I've met and talked to are far more polite than that (yes, even the Jehovah's Witnesses).

Some atheists see all religion as an attack on their (non)belief system. I say, get over it. If you don't believe in it, what should it matter to you then?

Water off a duck's back.

#14    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,782 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 05 January 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

Most religious people that I've met and talked to are far more polite than that (yes, even the Jehovah's Witnesses).

Some atheists see all religion as an attack on their (non)belief system. I say, get over it. If you don't believe in it, what should it matter to you then?

Water off a duck's back.

Because everybody likes everyone else to feel sorry for the. Of course on that note, I can't help but notice most of the anti religious who love drawing attention to how anti religious they are tend to come from the good ol' Bible Belt.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#15    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,746 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 05 January 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

...I can't help but notice most of the anti religious who love drawing attention to how anti religious they are tend to come from the good ol' Bible Belt.

Most likely a demographic probability. It's natural to somewhat reject what your parents believed in...(religion, music, hairstyles... whatever).

I was brought up in a non-religious environment where religion wasn't discussed in polite company. Even the religious members of my extended family didn't bring it up.

Religion is a personal choice. Far be it from me to tell anyone that 'they're wrong', or for them to tell me, 'I'm wrong.' That's just rude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users