Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tenants kicked out to house Eastern Europeans

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Fergus Wilson who owns around 1000 houses in Ashford in Kent has sent out 200 notice to quits to tenants on housing benefit to free up the houses for Eastern Europeans.  He argues that they are more reliable at paying their rent and it is a business decision.

http://www.dailymail...t.html#comments

Having owned a home in Ashford in Kent around the time this couple were building their empire I must say I was never big fans of them and considered them quite greedy.

For those not familiar with Ashford it has high unemployment, low wages and large numbers of migrants.  I use to rent out an annex to which most of the people had some kind of housing benefit or support due to the low pay rates.  

Absolutely disgusting that tenants have such little rights in the UK a landlord can take this kind of preemptive strike in this.  How well timed as well with the borders opening to Romania and Bulgaria.

Posted Image

#2    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,107 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

yay, the Eastern Europeans are Taking our Jobs and our Women stories from the Daily Mail have begun. perhaps they could all be put in one thread to save the UK & Europe column being swamped by nothing bu these kind of stories for the next year, or until the Daily Mail finds some other bogeyman to work themselves up into a fury of indignance at.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Well, the potential for this to come back and bite him in the butt happily quite real.

I don't think that could happen here, you can't evict a tennant to profiteer in this manner.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,149 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Hmmm...

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#5    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 06 January 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

yay, the Eastern Europeans are Taking our Jobs and our Women stories from the Daily Mail have begun. perhaps they could all be put in one thread to save the UK & Europe column being swamped by nothing bu these kind of stories for the next year, or until the Daily Mail finds some other bogeyman to work themselves up into a fury of indignance at.

Well I am sure Fergus Wilson can sue the pants off the Daily Mail if this is fabricated.

Posted Image

#6    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Do I have this right? The landlord considers welfare less reliable and less paying in rent, so the landlord is not accepting those kind of tenants in favor of tenants he thinks will pay more rent more reliably?

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

What's the problem? It's his property and he can do with it what he wants. If this is the business decision he sees as the most sensible, then so be it!

Tenants are being "kicked out" (terms of notice) every day for numerous reasons. And rightfully so: They are only occupants, not the owners.

#8    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

View Postrashore, on 06 January 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Do I have this right? The landlord considers welfare less reliable and less paying in rent, so the landlord is not accepting those kind of tenants in favor of tenants he thinks will pay more rent more reliably?
Which right? The right to rent out your property to whoever you think to be the most reliable? Sure!

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,690 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

View Postrashore, on 06 January 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

That is what we call capitalism.Is that not what we want?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#10    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 06 January 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Which right? The right to rent out your property to whoever you think to be the most reliable? Sure!
Lol Flombie- Perhaps I should have said "Am I understanding the gist of the story correctly?" instead of "Do I have this right?"

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#11    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

They were happy enough to take vast sums off the local council whilst building their portfolio.  In fact that was a lot of homeowners gripes with them as they would gradually buy up the hole street and house all sorts in their properties.  

With that amount of housing they are almost like a housing association.  This will hit the area hard.

Seems they are not the most reliable payers either.

http://en.wikipedia....d_Judith_Wilson

Seems for a long time they fancy the idea of exploiting Eastern Europeans for their own gain.

Similarly, their plans for a chain of discount dentists staffed by low-cost Eastern European dentists do not appear to have come to fruition

Edited by skookum, 07 January 2014 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#12    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• The trouble is you think you have time.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 06 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

What's the problem? It's his property and he can do with it what he wants. If this is the business decision he sees as the most sensible, then so be it!

Tenants are being "kicked out" (terms of notice) every day for numerous reasons. And rightfully so: They are only occupants, not the owners.
They are people.And they have to rent because not everyone can own.Long as they pay the rent and dont cause problems, leave them alone.These are lives..not just some piece of property.You come off as a heartless person.

Tempus Edax Rerum

#13    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

This seems like a case of modern day "Rachmanism" http://en.wikipedia....i/Peter_Rachman This typical capitalist scum property "developer", in London exploited his tenants to the extent of driving them out of their homes so he could move in immigrants. Seems the worst of his excesses are now illegal, but these scum always like to work around the law and try anything for their pound of flesh.

#14    Feebs

Feebs

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

• Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

not just private landlords do this ....the local ashford borough council did just this to me because in there words ...they can...me and my 4 children were living with my gran in a 4 bedroom house of which she had been the only tenant since 1948...i was caring for her at the time but never claimed carers allowance..she passed away and i asked to take over the tenancy ..they said no and i was evicted and they claimed i was intentionally homeless so i had to find private accomodation which in this area is very expensive..they then proceeded to give it to a single eastern european man who wrecked it...the world is a *****d up place unfortunately .

Edited by Feebs, 10 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

#15    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostFeebs, on 10 January 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

not just private landlords do this ....the local ashford borough council did just this to me because in there words ...they can...me and my 4 children were living with my gran in a 4 bedroom house of which she had been the only tenant since 1948...i was caring for her at the time but never claimed carers allowance..she passed away and i asked to take over the tenancy ..they said no and i was evicted and they claimed i was intentionally homeless so i had to find private accomodation which in this area is very expensive..they then proceeded to give it to a single eastern european man who wrecked it...the world is a *****d up place unfortunately .

That is terrible.  

Makes you wonder if the Wilsons and council are in it together.  I don't want to tar all immigrants with the same brush but I do recall they made some places no go areas like Victoria Park.  My ex-wife was surrounded by a group in there around the fountain where they hang out.  She was terrified and believed she was going to be mass assaulted.  Luckily an adult student of mine walking through the park recognized her and was able to assist.  

That was the final straw for us living in Ashford.  We sold up and moved on after 5 years living there.  During that time you could see the immigration growing at a massive rate.

Edited by skookum, 11 January 2014 - 09:40 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users