Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Has 12/21/12 non event killed the `new age`

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    outoftheworld

outoftheworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Is it just me or since the flop of december 21st 2012 where all this love and light/ end of the world/ aliens  well nothing happpened (dont kid yourself and say you feel more enlightened..  nothing, zero zilch happened).

But since it, i myself have become more and more skeptical of the whole alien / ufo/ love and light shizzle

and trust me at one point i was a big believer in it.

We seem to barely hear any major stories, and a lot less of these supposed `in the know` people like george green / alex collier/ wilcox etc  seem to be talking out anymore (this isnt a discussion about the particular individuals authenticity i just mentioned them as examples of how everything seems to be quiet now).

Its almost like even the supposed contactees/ abductees/ light workers or whoever had the big mouths until now, are all realising that yeh maybe it is all baloney.

Remember back in 2008 with blossom goodchild hoax?  the hype was enormous,  but nowadays even if a well known psychic made a prediction like that, nobody would even bat an eyelid.

So in my opinion, the big non event of december 2012 has really killed (not completly) but a lot of the new age/ or modern ufo industry

Edited by outoftheworld, 07 January 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Killed the new age? If we are to go by similar movements (i.e. Christian end of the world predictions) there is nothing that can kill a believe system... certainly not being wrong.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

You forget the New Age proclamations about 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, ect. And that's just this millennium.
2012 had a lot of momentum behind it as was largely popular, give it some time to rebuild.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,628 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 07 January 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

You forget the New Age proclamations about 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, ect. And that's just this millennium.
2012 had a lot of momentum behind it as was largely popular, give it some time to rebuild.

sound like the Christian proclamations of 1000, 1005, 1014, 1033 to me. Did not change much....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 January 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

sound like the Christian proclamations of 1000, 1005, 1014, 1033 to me. Did not change much....
It's the same mentality driving the same behavior.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Perhaps your faith in the end of the world will be restored on 02/22/14 when Ragnarok happens!

#7    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

At risk of sounding hokey, I'm under the impression that the "love and light shizzle," is currently at the far end of the cycle... in other words the energies of the universe are in a waning phase... There is an 8 year cycle, associated with Venus that came and went in June of 2012 known as the Pentagonal Cycle. Dunno how much stock you put in the astrology-phenomenon link, but I'm sure if were patient, get plenty of rest and eat our green veggies, things will go back to the hillbilly probing, end of the world predicting, norm.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#8    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

i for one am glad it's been quiet.
and anyway it leaves room for talk of crop circles and shadow people and strange things in people's closets which we all know are actually true and so interesting to be innundated with.

#9    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostJGirl, on 07 January 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

i for one am glad it's been quiet.
and anyway it leaves room for talk of crop circles and shadow people and strange things in people's closets which we all know are actually true and so interesting to be innundated with.
Ancient Aliens. Oi, I feel a certain odd comfort knowing I can take a year away and know I can leap back into a discussion of ancient aliens as if I'd never left.

-Terry Pratchett

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 07 January 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Ancient Aliens. Oi, I feel a certain odd comfort knowing I can take a year away and know I can leap back into a discussion of ancient aliens as if I'd never left.
too true

#11    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

It's so good to be a part of a place with so  Never mind. Anything I say would be pointless as are 99% of my posts on this forum.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#12    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,300 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

People will forget about failed prophecies, and make up new ones.   They have been doing this for thousands of years.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#13    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

The whole "2012 prophecy" wasn't so much a prophecy as a misinterpretation of an ancient calender. It may have left some believers disillusioned but it certainly didn't crush the spirit of this New Age advocate :D

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#14    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

What does it mean, "New Age"?
I just don't get the moniker.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#15    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

The defining parameters are fairly loose but its characterized by an openness to spiritual possibilities dictated by a specific religious dogma or cultural standards. This leaves one open to experiment with multiple spiritual, philosophical and occult practices with no need to adhere to a set of principles of anyone set.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users