Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mid-Level Solar Flare

sun solar flares sunspots solar dynamics observatory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,596 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

NASA Releases Images of January Solar Flare

www.nasa.gov said:

The sun emitted a mid-level solar flare, peaking at 5:13 a.m. EST on Jan. 7, 2014. Images of the flare were captured by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory and showed that it came from an active region on the sun that currently sports one of the largest sunspots seen in the last 10 years. Sunspots are regions of strong and complex magnetic fields on the sun's surface.

Posted Image Read more...

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 07 January 2014 - 08:45 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,499 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

http://www.solarham.net/index.htm

I always watch the proton  and x-ray Flux: was stunned by it yesterday. http://www.solarham.net/proton.htm, http://www.solarham.net/xray.htm

Looks like there is another somewhat serious flare coming up, or just recently emitted.

Edited by regeneratia, 07 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,596 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 07 January 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Looks like there is another somewhat serious flare coming up, or just recently emitted.
Define serious.

That's a little misleading as it can imply "serious" consequences. Whilst it is true that large Coronal Mass Ejections, which are associated with solar flares, can cause power outages, which can, obviously, have serious repercussions, not all flare have associated CMEs and the vast majority, even the largest, have no noticeable consequences at all.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,499 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Nothing special to you. But I get excited about the sun, so it is always special to me. Having read quite a bit about it, and watching it daily. Planning when the potential X-flare exists.
As you know, I interpret for myself. I don't wait for someone to do my thinking for mne.

Edited by regeneratia, 08 January 2014 - 12:20 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#5    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• "The more things change, the more they stay the same".. Snake Plissken

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Nothing misleading here... could of implied but didn't.
I knew what you meant regeneratia... Serious appose to inconsequential or unimportant.. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users