Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

An ancient Roman engineering miracle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,957 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

An ancient Roman engineering miracle
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 02:04s

How did the Romans build an aqueduct from Zaghouan to Carthage that stretched for 80 miles ?

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,113 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

they conquered a technologically advanced culture and made them slaves to build it for the Greater Rome ~

~

Edited by third_eye, 10 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

you mean they conquered a contemporary culture. they werent advanced more than any other major civilization of the day.

#4    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,113 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

View Postpbarosso, on 11 January 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

you mean they conquered a contemporary culture. they werent advanced more than any other major civilization of the day.

Everything about Ancient Rome was pilfered, looted if not outright stolen from other more 'culturally' advanced civilisations of the times ~ from their pantheon of gods to their literature ~ from ancient Greece to ancient Egypt and everything in between ...

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users