Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

SpaceShipTwo Celebrates the New Year

virgin galactic spaceshiptwo whiteknighttwo mojave air and space port spaceport america

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,458 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Liftoff! SpaceShipTwo celebrates the new year with test flight

NBC News said:

MOJAVE, Calif. Cradled beneath its mothership, Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo rocket plane rose up from its runway here on Friday for the first test flight of 2014. If all goes well, this year could see Virgin Galactic's debut as the world's first space passenger service.

The company's spaceship prototype was hooked beneath its wide-span WhiteKnightTwo carrier plane for takeoff from Mojave Air and Space Port just after sunrise, at 7:20 a.m. PT (10:20 a.m. ET).

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,458 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Blastoff! SpaceShipTwo celebrates the new year with rocket-powered test

NBC News said:

MOJAVE, Calif. Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo rocket plane lit up its engine on Friday during its first test flight of 2014. If all goes well, this year could see Virgin Galactic's debut as the world's first space passenger service.

The company's spaceship prototype was hooked beneath its wide-span WhiteKnightTwo carrier plane for takeoff from Mojave Air and Space Port just after sunrise, at 7:20 a.m. PT (10:20 a.m. ET). About 50 minutes later, SpaceShipTwo lit up its hybrid rocket engine for a burn of about 20 seconds, Virgin Galactic reported. The craft continued its coast upward, then headed back down, temporarily angling its wings to slow its descent.

The plane glided back to a landing on Mojave's 12,000-foot runway.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,055 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

We are getting there for sure. I just hope, being 47 years young, that I will have enough life left over to see more space travel achievements and tech innovations and things like Mars colonies. I also hope to one day win the lottery and take a space ride myself.

Well you have to have hope dont you?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Me too  seeder ! Me Too ! Sir Branson Rocks in my Book ! Anyone thats commited to man growing and Going into Space  has Foresight !
:tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,458 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Virgin Galactic's Third Powered Flight

On the 10th of January 2014, Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo completed it's third powered test flight. In command on the flight deck for the first time under rocket power was Virgin Galactic's Chief Pilot Dave Mackay.

Credit: Virgin Galactic

Source: Virgin Galactic - YouTube Channel

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users