Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New young members

it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Think of any argument for or against aliens being here. It's been done to death here.....Think of your point of view and then do a search here...you'll see that someone put your point of view forward ten years ago....and we're still here....
With the new technology around today can the young un's 16 - 30 bring us forward ?. From what i can see ....no !.
A challenge to all the members of the site under 30 (mentally) take this debate in a new direction and sort it once and for all.....Bogey
Whats real and whats not.....This site's starting to feel like an old soap opera as in you know whats coming next.....younger members it's up to you to advance the cause......one way or the other
Bogey

#2    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,566 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostBogeyman, on 11 January 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

Think of any argument for or against aliens being here. It's been done to death here.....Think of your point of view and then do a search here...you'll see that someone put your point of view forward ten years ago....and we're still here....
With the new technology around today can the young un's 16 - 30 bring us forward ?. From what i can see ....no !.
A challenge to all the members of the site under 30 (mentally) take this debate in a new direction and sort it once and for all.....Bogey
Whats real and whats not.....This site's starting to feel like an old soap opera as in you know whats coming next.....younger members it's up to you to advance the cause......one way or the other
Bogey

Above for all topics :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,760 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I thought you had started a post for Neil Young Members...I guess being under 30 means that you are still vulnerable to naivete in belief.  So..you youngsters go for it.  lol....prove to yourselves that figments of your imagination are indeed real...maybe you'll find yourself somewhere in there.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#4    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'd change this just a little - you young whippersnappers could get this resolved quite quickly..  All you need to understand are a few simple facts:

- you love technology, right?
- you are reasonably well-off and have some funds available, right?
- you do know that the camera in your phone, with almost NO exceptions, is utter crap, right?
- you do know that really, really good cameras are a lot less expensive than they used to be?

I'm not young, but I walk that walk - I have a really good camera almost always at my side, and I can fire it up quickly.  I also spend a lot of time outdoors, looking up....  Now if something really cool comes past and lasts more than ten seconds or so, I should be ready...  And if there was an army of us well-equipped dudes, then nuthin' would be able to sneak around without getting decently recorded.

Unless, of course, there are no aliens currently visiting earth* - if that were the case, it's no wonder that credible sightings seem to be going down these days..

Anyway, youth,  get off your lazy backsides and get yourselves some decent cameras, for deity's sake..

* 'no aliens currently visiting earth' is VERY different from 'no aliens in existence', btw.  FTR, I believe in the former, and disbelieve in the latter

Edited by ChrLzs, 11 January 2014 - 07:06 AM.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,001 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

this is the last thread they're gonna be looking at :lol:

~ sorry ... but its true ~ :(

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#6    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,495 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

There is a lot of good well thought through information and discussions here on UM if people would just look for it, it is here. Most of the well known Cases that people get fascinated by have been discussed and picked apart multiple times here. I admit that sometimes it does get old seeing a new wide eyed beliver (or new wide eyed skeptic) start a thread about something we did to death two or three years ago... but such is the nature of all human knowledge not just the UFO subject.  

My advice is that if you are interested in the UFO phenomena then research it. If you think a specific Case is great, then read what skeptics have said about that Case over the years. If you are skeptical, do the same, try to understand why the proponents think they way they do. If you do this legwork first then you can tell if a Case is worth further discussion. often they are not, sometimes they are.

I like to look for something that has been overlooked by people or a mistake in a popular arguement that I can prove is incorrect and therefore spur new debate/discussion. It's more work for sure but it's also more rewarding to bring something new to the discussion.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#7    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,495 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostChrLzs, on 11 January 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

- you do know that the camera in your phone, with almost NO exceptions, is utter crap, right?

Hey ChrLzs,

But cute Girls take awesome selfies with them like everyday! What if Marylin Monroe had a cellphone Camera?!!

But seriously, I've thought for years now that people in large part have no clue how crappy most pictures are compared to an average 35mm Kodiac film camera people like my parents bought in the 1970's. I still love that Camera! it still works just fine. I've used it to take pictures of Lightning strikes using no accessories, just me using a Camera that is a year older than I am.

View PostChrLzs, on 11 January 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

Now if something really cool comes past and lasts more than ten seconds or so, I should be ready...  And if there was an army of us well-equipped dudes, then nuthin' would be able to sneak around without getting decently recorded.

My close encounter took place in Nov. 2002. I didn't even have my first cellphone then! If it had happened this Nov. 2013 I could have snapped off a hundred pics with my phone!
I wonder if I would feel different about my own UFO close encounter if I actually had a really crappy picture?

Also, my UFO event was rather long lived. ~15-17 minutes.  For 2/3rds of that time it looked like a "light" in the distance and was near ground level. The last third of the sighting was close encounter. So thats it. 5-6 minutes of my life that begs for explaination.

I wonder if I would be preceived differently if I have a really crappy pic of the UFO I witnessed at close range?

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#8    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,080 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

If we limited discussions to topics or opinions that have never been discussed before then it would defeat the purpose of having a forum, new generations of members can bring new ideas and perspectives to subjects even if older members have already discussed them.

We want to be encouraging new members to join in and participate, not restricting what they can or can't post about.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users