Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Hellyer: 'aliens live among us'

UM-Bot

The former Canadian defense minister has detailed his unorthodox beliefs in a recent TV interview.

The 90-year-old has become well known for his controversial views on extraterrestrial life ever since he first revealed his beliefs back in 2005. In this latest interview with Russia Today, Hellyer claims that advanced alien races would be more willing to share their technology with us if it wasn't for our obsession with waging war on one another.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-live-among-us

I think the best remark apropos Mr. Hellyer was in a comment on one video featuring him, which said "has Rob Ford been sharing some of his recreational substances with other senior Canadian political figures?".

• Like 2

Well he has alot of Data and 8 years of research...

There are many unexplained things happening every day with our weak detection god knows what is coming and leaving our planet if anything... we cant know. Since no one here actually works in any military or scientific installations and people use links from others ( which again can be faked just to state their right ) i think we can say there is alot happening and it did and it will..

• Like 1

I don't mind this man's beliefs; it doesn't affect me in any way.

• Like 1

He is one of a few politicians to come out and openly say it. I congratulate him! If we could get more like him, so much the better.

If people are interested in more candid interviews, I suggest the disclosure project by steven greer. He supposedly has many hours of interesting footage.

• Like 3

I've heard about him before, but still an interesting interview.

What strikes me is 2 things...

First, at his age he does seem extremely lucid and intelligent. That's a definite plus. However, this does not discount the possibility of personal delusion, agenda or psychosis, and there are certainly some psychotics that seem "normal"

EDIT: Just ask my wife... :w00t:

Second. He is not presenting any actual evidence. Not saying that he has access to it, but he seems only to refer to books and the reports of other's(excepting one UFO encouter with himself and his wife, which apparently he did not video record)

Huh, not sure what to make of all this.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

Where I live Mr. Hellyer would be described as doting, (showing signs of senility). He has claimed in the past that when he was Canadian Defence Minister he was never briefed about UFOs and he has also claimed to have had a sighting along with his wife of an unexplained light in the sky that he thought little of at the time but that seemed significant in retrospect after having read the much criticized book, 'The Day After Roswell' by Philip J. Corso. In other words the man's meanderings about UFOs are from his own fantasies and the fantasies of others.

Edited by Technocrat
  • Like 1

Good Lord.

I just had to turn that interview off when he started rambling on about Aliens in Nevada dressing up as nuns. I love the babe asking him questions, boy did she fight to keep a straight face.

Poor guy.

• Like 2

There is an awful lot that cannot be easily explained away folks, too much has been recorded worldwide for a very long time by all cultures.. Myself have knowledge of an event that hapened in the early sixties when I was a kid.. The enitre communtiy was aware and many still rememeber but NO one is willing to talk about it.. I have far more knowledge than most as I was there and as a kid was not afraid, I had an expeience that has me aware of others since I was a child.. Back then I could have told you things no kid could have knowledge of, scientific discoveries that the world is just now discovering.. My life a child was difficult then, bullied badly, small closed community and I have spoke to very few about what happened.. Why, humans are bloody ridiculous, most laugh, mock and etc when confronted with things they either do not understand or that frighten them at some level.. The human mind will go to great lengths to protect itself.. Anyway, saw this article and thought what the hell, maybe someone will be curious, want to know my entire story and will attempt to prove and follow up on it, myself, the knowledge, the actual experience, the effect on my life, it is all enough, I am no benevolent being, nor am I an alien, just a guy.. One can find people I grew up with that should rememebr teasing me as the kid who talked to aliens, my sister whom I confided in trying to calm her fear, told other and.... But as a six yr old in the mid sixties, I had knowledge of telepathy, the concept of hiding objects by bending light around them, anti gravity using sound and more, I was taught a lot, astral projection is very real and death is not the end of our existence , humanity biggest problems are our collective ignorance and our astounding arrogance that we are alone in the universe and that we are the most intelligent species on earth, hardly fair as we seem to be making all the rules and definitions with no input from the planets other species, hardly fair.. Ok, rambling rant over.. A quiet satyurday evening at home :) Let the insults begin.. Hell I have not even watched the video , nor do I know o0r care who the man is, just the topic interested me.. Thanks, be mature, be intelligent. Nope, still not insane nor delusional :)

Edited by ditto257
  • Like 1

It's pretty embarassing to listen to Paul Hellyer's nonsensical ramblings.

Unfortunately, he read a lot of questionable books, seems to believe everyone of them without the slightest discernement and then uses his title of "former minister of defense" to get on TV and embarass all of Canada !

Edited by ufoscan
  • Like 2

I'm not sure what to make of this guy. I listened being skeptical about it, I have heard of the greys. The thing that bugs me is that 2-12 species he mentioned. I feel like there would be more, judging by the size of the universe.

In the interview Hellyer stated : "... a famous case, I cannot remember the place, but it was widely reported ..."

That explains all. Poor old man.

• Like 3

I'm tired of all the talk. SHOW US THE DAMN ALIENS!

Could it be, maybe, that there aren't any to show? :yes:

actually if the Aliens where serious about all this peace and love stuff they would go from 'no nuke' to all yes! since nuke and spy sat technology has made and large scale global war impossible. How many WW1 and WW2 style conflicts did we had in thise last 50y? all thaks to the hated nuke! yes I love nuke!

I think were on the long,LONG list of Alien`s things to do ! Maybe in a few more hundred years ? :tu:

Fermi's paradox still holds. If there were anybody out there we should be ****-deep in Aliens. :yes:

"****" was, of course, "knee." Of course it was. :D

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what to make of this guy. I listened being skeptical about it, I have heard of the greys. The thing that bugs me is that 2-12 species he mentioned. I feel like there would be more, judging by the size of the universe.

What makes me doubt his judgement on the matter is the lack of criticisim of the data. What are the evidence that support the visit of 2 to 12 species on Earth? As far I am aware no supporter of the extraterrestrial hypothesis has succesfully demonstrated that in a book.

Unless he has any valuable informations inside governements (which he is rather ambiguous about) it remains sheer speculations.

It seems to me that he got ''caught up'' in the interpreations on the phenomenon, extrapolating far beyond what the evidence suggest and presenting that as facts, like so many UFO enthousiams end up doing.

People do see UFOs in the sky, people do rapport close encounters with strange beings but drawing a set of conclusions based on the testimonies, is perhaps tempting but not necesserely factual.

Edited by sam_comm

I read one of his suggested books, "Day after Roswell." I was bitterly disappointed as it contained no corroborated evidence and worse, lots of heresay.

Hell yeah, Hellyer!

He got ridiculed for his crude beliefs already when he went public with this stuff last year.

That is the only thing that strikes me odd about this. Not that i put any belief into what he says, but why would a former high ranking politician expose himself not only once, but twice with these half baked trekkie fantasies?

The following s**tstorm was not big enough for him then,

i guess...

what is he then?

- senile? why would his family not protect him from

ridiculing himself that way?

- a "disinformation agent" to discredit any serious

approach to UFO research once more?

- a man with a strange kind of humor?

- an alien HIMSELF?

"i don't know - you decide...."

Hell yeah, Hellyer!

He got ridiculed for his crude beliefs already when he went public with this stuff last year.

That is the only thing that strikes me odd about this. Not that i put any belief into what he says, but why would a former high ranking politician expose himself not only once, but twice with these half baked trekkie fantasies?

The following s**tstorm was not big enough for him then,

i guess...

what is he then?

- senile? why would his family not protect him from

ridiculing himself that way?

- a "disinformation agent" to discredit any serious

approach to UFO research once more?

- a man with a strange kind of humor?

- an alien HIMSELF?

"i don't know - you decide...."

Well.... often important and previously important men are allowed to entertain their psychosis/delusions because...well they earned it. On the other hand his story is probably exactly the way it would play out if it were real and actual higher intelligence is among us. Think about it for a second. If the lowest of some planet is say a million years more evolved and intelligent than we are. Would we even recognize their presence? Probably not. We would be like 2 year olds. give up your ego for a moment and consider the possibility.