Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

infant seeing something?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

It isn't so much that I'm worried my son can see anything but mostly the question, are infants and toddlers more susceptible to seeing things?

#2    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,405 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostBrowneyedgirl89, on 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

It isn't so much that I'm worried my son can see anything but mostly the question, are infants and toddlers more susceptible to seeing things?

Infants are just and only seeing things as they cannot explain themselves anything what they are seeing.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#3    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Very true, was just curious because I've heard before that they are more susceptible to seeing things. I'm new on here and its very interesting to read the forums

#4    EvilAL

EvilAL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

No.  Infant eyesight is not any different than our own, other than it is worse for a little while.  The same thing goes for when people say babies can hear lower frequencies.  Sure babies may have better hearing or eyesight than adults because those senses weaken as one ages, but there is no evidence to suggest that infants or babies ca hear or see things adults with perfect hearing or eyesight cannot.

#5    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

But is it possible that they can also see a spirit or ghost? it'd be so interesting in general to know what a baby is thinking lol. But anywho, the question stemmed from a couple instances where my son would look to one area of the room and respond as if someone was interacting with him but shortly thereafter would start crying and looking away like whatever it was scared him. This hadn't happened in a while. It just made me think because there was a suicide where i live, same room actually.

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,258 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

the theory is that infants aren't conditioned to know yet what sounds are associated with what ~ so they look in the direction they think the sound is coming from ...
gradually as they grow they will know a toy makes a specific sound different from mommy and not all sounds originates from a single source ~

I think that is as accurate as we will ever know ~

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#7    EvilAL

EvilAL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I don't think babies can see ghosts.  I don't think ghosts exist, but if a baby can see something, you can see it too.  Babies stare into corners and laugh sometimes, cry, whatever, like they are interacting with something, but that's what babies do as they are learning their environment.  As they age, they have imaginary friends, talk to objects like they are alive and stuff..

#8    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Ya i agree, i do believe in ghosts tho. Thank you guys for your answers! I'm not very sure he saw anything but i do believe some children have seen things because of things I've heard about my cousins daughter. Very interesting!

#9    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,494 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostBrowneyedgirl89, on 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

No.

#10    EvilAL

EvilAL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

I think it maybe your cousin's imagination is as active as her baby's.  There is a load of info on babies and their behaviours online.  Your cousin may want to read up on it rather than jump to the ghost conclusion right away.

#11    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

I get what you are saying but you don't know the actual events to make the assumption that she is imagining thingsa if she's a child. I'm only pointing out my belief and the situation with her daughter has been an ongoing thing for a couple of years now.

#12    EvilAL

EvilAL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

The more feedback and justification your cousin gives to this is only going to reinforce itself and the child will pick up on it, leading to a circle of the kid saying things and your cousin reacting accordingly.  The child then does it again and as it goes on your cousin helps it along.  That' sky opinion anyway.  I have friends that have said their kids see ghosts and stuff and when I show them the scientific reasons their child is saying these things or acting a certain way they ignore it.

#13    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

It could very well be possible. We won't know until she's older lol.

#14    EvilAL

EvilAL

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Asking the kid when it is older won't really help.  Either the kid will have forgotten it, depending on their age at the time, or they won't want to look like they lied about it.  The problem also lies with the parent reinforcing it, this can plant false memories in the child's mind and they may still think they saw or heard these things at a very young age.

#15    Browneyedgirl89

Browneyedgirl89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Well if it is real I'd think she'd remember, assuming there in the same home by that time. It really isn't like she's reinforcing it. It started out that she assumed it was her imagination but over the last couple years it has continued where she (her daughter) would say there's a monster man in her room and would get freaked out all the time. There has also been times my cousin has heard out seen things in her basement whilst doing laundry. I don't remember all the different things she has told me verbatim but is just interesting to ponder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users