Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My day time UFO sighting

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1    Duck33

Duck33

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

No fuzzy, night time shimmering lights here, no sireee

Posted Image

Location Aberdeen City NE Sctoland @ 12.20pm Monday Jan 13th 2014. Blue cloudless sky on a crisp windless day Wind was 3 km/h. No lights, just a bright white object.

#2    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

hello Duck,

couple of questions/points:

- I notice pixelation around the object when blown up

- how long did you see the object for
- did you see it arrive or leave
- what where you doing at the time
- what did object look like with the naked eye

have you seen a UFO prior to this

thanks

#3    Duck33

Duck33

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

I notice pixelation around the object when blown up

You can blame Apple's crappy camera in the iphone 4 for that.

Moved across the sky and lost sight of it behimd the trees within 15/20 seconds I'd say

No, it was there then it moved behind the trees and was lost from sight.

Walking to work

It looked exactly as it is in the photo.First thought was Balloon, second thought was plastic carrier bag but since there was really no way for me to tell how close the object was I'll hold off on speculation, noted the wind strength and speed as it was a very calm, windless day *at ground level anyway*

#4    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostDuck33, on 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Moved across the sky and lost sight of it behimd the trees within 15/20 seconds I'd say

Walking to work

It looked exactly as it is in the photo.First thought was Balloon, second thought was plastic carrier bag but since there was really no way for me to tell how close the object was I'll hold off on speculation, noted the wind strength and speed as it was a very calm, windless day *at ground level anyway*

ok many thanks for the answers.

I am sure some of the local 'photgraphy' experts will arrive soon....I am sure they will require the original with EXIF data etc etc....

bye for now. :tu:

#5    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

View Postquillius, on 13 January 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

ok many thanks for the answers.

I am sure some of the local 'photgraphy' experts will arrive soon....I am sure they will require the original with EXIF data etc etc....

bye for now. :tu:
@DUCK33
Good to see new blood in here Man ! Welcome ! Great photo too ! Could be about anything ,balloon,or the like,Keep telling us the details Its all in the Details ! Cheers !
justDONTEATUS :tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS, 13 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#6    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

View Postquillius, on 13 January 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

To examine a photo with a white dot in it? You don't need an expert for that.

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 January 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

To examine a photo with a white dot in it? You don't need an expert for that.

fair enough. I would like to know if fake or not though, however agree it is of no major significance.

#8    AZDZ

AZDZ

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

I've seen this object, or one like it, before. I've been putting off telling the tale but the time is now...

It was back in the late 90's, I'd awoken early and could not get back to sleep so I decided to get up, go out for some early morning star gazing, weather permitting. Peeking out I saw crystal clear skies so I got dressed to go out. Within a few minutes I stepped out and gazed upwards when something out of the ordinary caught my eye.

WTF?, I thought as my eyes and brain struggled to resolve the mystery in front of me. Not a star or planet; too large, Not a plane or helicopter; no sound or navigational beacons. As the moments passed I realized it was completely stationary. Suddenly I knew what it was, it was a UFO.

My backyard (at that time) faced north, the object was directly to the northeast in the dark predawn sky. It was a round light at about 45 degrees up. It seemed to be emitting it's own light rather than reflecting. A clean, even white light from top to bottom, side to side.

At that time, given all the circumstances I was observing, I concluded the object wasn't too far away, nor very high in the sky. The Mexican standoff began. I wasn't going anywhere until it did whatever it was standing there waiting to do. Minutes passed and still it just sat there motionless but I began to tire and needed to pee so I conceded to it. I went inside to refresh myself expecting it to be gone when I returned.  

To my surprise it was still there when I came back out so I happily resumed our staredown. Soon after I noticed the sky was beginning to lighten. I expected it would soon have to do something or risk being exposed to more witnesses as the town woke up around us or flights into the local airport, (it was sitting right on one of the regular flightlines which lead to final approach) resumed, but nope, it still just sat there.

As the sky lightened more I noticed its lighting began to dim at the same rate. It's apparent self illumination was being slowly replaced by reflection of  skylight. The effect was causing the objects appearance to turn from a flat disk of light into a sphere by shading effects.

For a few brief moments, just before sunlight hit it, I thought tiny surface details were visible resembling portholes or doors. My mind may have added those details though, I cannot be sure. Now in full sunlight it appeared much like the object in the image the OP supplied above, with the same apparent brightness, size, distance and height.

Eventually, with tired eyes and a crick in my neck I looked down and rubbed my eyes, when I looked back again.... it was gone.

The Great STS-48 ZIG-ZAG UFO explained by Jim Oberg
Art & UFOs? No Thanks, Only Art shared by psyche101
McMinnville UFO Pictures debunked shared by psyche101

#9    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

This is a relatively nice photo of something ...

#10    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,802 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

View PostDuck33, on 13 January 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

No fuzzy, night time shimmering lights here, no sireee

Posted Image

Location Aberdeen City NE Sctoland @ 12.20pm Monday Jan 13th 2014. Blue cloudless sky on a crisp windless day Wind was 3 km/h. No lights, just a bright white object.
Any chance of you uploading the original picture as it came off the camera to a photohosting website?

Pretty please?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#11    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,802 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

View Postquillius, on 13 January 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

hello Duck,

couple of questions/points:

- I notice pixelation around the object when blown up
ALL photos will show pixellation when blown up beyond a certain point, unless you don't know how to blow up photos and interpolate them when blowing them up.

What you're seeing around the object is not 'pixellation'. it's JPEG artefacts.  The pixellation is real but a natural effect of upsizing any photo without using an interpolation filter.  The JPEG artefaction is the natural result of lossy compression of photos.

Posted Image

Edited by JesseCuster, 15 January 2014 - 04:17 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#12    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,396 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

Very cool pic,congrats on the daytime sighting

#13    Awake2Chaos

Awake2Chaos

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostDuck33, on 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Walking to work

Just curious, you said it moved across the sky?  

Was is a jerky, back and forth movement, or more of a straight, fast shot from one point to out of sight?

We used to see orb-like things similar to that when I lived in Florida.  We were also about 30 miles away from NASA, so.....you never know what they had there or what they were test-piloting either.

#14    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

View Postquillius, on 13 January 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

fair enough. I would like to know if fake or not though, however agree it is of no major significance.

If you want, I can fake one for you.

#15    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 15 January 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

What you're seeing around the object is not 'pixellation'. it's JPEG artefacts.  The pixellation is real but a natural effect of upsizing any photo without using an interpolation filter.  The JPEG artefaction is the natural result of lossy compression of photos.

Posted Image

The halo is also the sharpening algorithm which is used to enhance detail and make photos "pop" (the term used these days).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users