Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

When the Truth Comes Out...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    gantonio45

gantonio45

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

I, like many of you on this site am one that likes to ask questions. I have a tendency to look beyond what we are presented through main stream media, and I definitely like to ask questions. I think it's naturally healthy to ask questions. I also believe that we as humans would be selling ourselves short if we did not exercise our ability to consciously perceive the world around us, and ask questions as a result of processing this information.

Which lead me to think about this today, and keep in mind this is just for the sake of good discussion and perplexing thought.

It's Friday, January 17, 2014. You awaken at your normal time, and as you turn on your television for background noise you merely go about your daily routine of preparing for the day. Just then you hear the familiar sound of "Breaking News" on your station, and we're brought to whomever the correspondence liaison is. The breaking news is that the President will have a special news conference at the end of the work day, and he urges that every American citizen be prepared to listen.

At 5pm, you arrive home just twenty minutes before the President is set to take the podium. You've been wondering all day what sort of "huge" announcement could require a speech on a late Friday evening from the head of our country. The President takes the podium finally and he begins by saying that it is time for a major change in America, and it needs to begin with transparency between the government and the very people of the nation that elect that government.

The President goes on to make the shocking announcement and admit that the government had been doing what they felt was in the best interest of the public. He admits that one of the biggest "conspiracy theories" in discussion is actually founded on true facts.

He admits, the government is and was responsible for...

And this is where I leave it up to all of you. Members of UM, for all our discussions and theories of conspiracies conducted behind our backs; I propose to you, for no other reason than discussion: What if the government admitted the truth about any conspiracy?  What do you think it would be? Why do you think they would finally come clean? What would your personal reaction be? How do feel the majority of people would react? Where would the country go from that point forward?

Now I also understand it is highly, highly unlikely the government would ever admit to any wrongdoings from a cover-up standpoint. This is just a purely hypothetical question to raise good nature discussion. Please be respectful of everyone's opinions.

#2    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

When it happens, I'll tell you. People had said similar for so many major conspiracy theories throughout history and so far none have ever been proved correct.

#3    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,853 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

Let me try another approach:

A meeting of major proponents of conspiracy theories takes place: UFOs, JFK, 9-11, Chemtrails, etc. They announce that after exhaustive investigation, no evidence exists for their theories and they are giving up on them.

It will never happen but one could hope......

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostObviousman, on 14 January 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Let me try another approach:

A meeting of major proponents of conspiracy theories takes place: UFOs, JFK, 9-11, Chemtrails, etc. They announce that after exhaustive investigation, no evidence exists for their theories and they are giving up on them.

It will never happen but one could hope......
There is always evidence.

#5    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,180 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Well, the current President would never reveal that the U.S. Govt. had had any complicity in 9/11, unless he had decided that to make himself a martyr and make sure that history would see him in the same way as JFK, since that would absolutely guarantee that he'd very shortly be bumped off, wouldn't it .. :unsure2:

"It's nice" ~ Jurgen Klopp.

#6    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,444 posts

• "I'm Garth Marenghi.
    Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Actor."

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

i don't want to speculate, but what i'd LIKE to hear is:

"Ladies and Gentlemen,
rumors were true all along. The government of the US, as well as any other country, deliberately encouraged and helped crazy people to push forward conspiracy theories. The wilder, the better. Back then, we simply thought that the more people think about sinister plans we're hatching, the more they believe we're MUCH MORE POWERFUL and not as ****ed up as we actually are.

Thank you very much, peace out, the Prez"

:tsu:

#7    gantonio45

gantonio45

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

Well, it was just a topic I thought about. Not that I every expect, and it would be incredibly foolish if a national government ever admitted to being in on something. Just hoped to start some discussion is all.

#8    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,671 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

View Postgantonio45, on 15 January 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

Well, it was just a topic I thought about. Not that I every expect, and it would be incredibly foolish if a national government ever admitted to being in on something. Just hoped to start some discussion is all.

And you would think that would be perfectly reasonable in such a place as this. Unfortunitly most of the folks here have no interest in conspiracies at all. They are here to mock and ridicule folks who do like to talk about such things. I dont spend a whole lot of time in this section anymore.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#9    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,180 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 15 January 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

And you would think that would be perfectly reasonable in such a place as this. Unfortunitly most of the folks here have no interest in conspiracies at all. They are here to mock and ridicule folks who do like to talk about such things. I dont spend a whole lot of time in this section anymore.
I have to say that it seems to be the same in other parts as well, If anyone does try to float any speculative boats about religion or extraterrestrial life or anything, they always seem to be shot down by the Hard Nosed Skeptic fraternity, who seem to feel it's their mission in life to crush all speculative thinking and that we should all just accept the Facts as we're told by the skeptics and the Experts.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I don't see much mockery and ridicule; what I do see is a lot of debunking and people not liking it.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostColonel Rhubarb, on 15 January 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I have to say that it seems to be the same in other parts as well, If anyone does try to float any speculative boats about religion or extraterrestrial life or anything, they always seem to be shot down by the Hard Nosed Skeptic fraternity, who seem to feel it's their mission in life to crush all speculative thinking and that we should all just accept the Facts as we're told by the skeptics and the Experts.
Most of us are interested, very very interested, in the possibility that certain things are true, and would love to see good evidence.  Even speculation is great, so long as it is presented as that and not as truths.

#12    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 2,046 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostObviousman, on 14 January 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

When it happens, I'll tell you. People had said similar for so many major conspiracy theories throughout history and so far none have ever been proved correct.

Indeed, its all paranoid delusional bs. None of that sh is true. The government is our best friend dont you know. 'Get a life.'

http://www.businessi...iracies-2013-12

#13    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,180 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

really I think, regarding the question at the beginning, which theory would they be most likely to come clean about? Really I think that any President or Administration that admitted that previous or current Administrations had been involved in some great crime, like 9/11 or assassinating previous Presidents, then they'd literally be announcing their own suicide. It's been said that, if Whistleblowers were bumped off in suspicious circumstances, that would prove that they were right, which is why they don't do it, but if a Prsident announced that members of some former administration had been involved in some great crime, they'd have nothing to lose by shutting him up, would they? It would be public knowledge by then that U.S. Government had been complicit in atrocities, so they'd have nothing to lose, in fact they'd drive home the message to anyone else to keep their mouth shut. I think what would probably be the most likely, in that the President would feel that he'd by putting himself least at risk by revealing, would be that we've been visited over a long time by Extraterrestrials and that the U.S. and/or other world Govts. has had some contact with them, at least. They could present that as being cautious and careful and putting Public Safety first, by making sure that they were Trustworthy before letting the world know.

#14    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,318 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

It would be interesting if someone did a poll on what the rest of the world thinks about the JFK assassination ~ so far as far as I have I the opportunity to talk with the more informed on the matter and issue ~ I can safely say that not one ... aye not a single one buys the Lee Harvey Oswald lone assassin conclusion or the Warren Commission Report ... and yes .. they have read it and knows the points raised from both sides of the divide ...

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#15    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Starman

• 2,525 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

And you would think that would be perfectly reasonable in such a place as this. Unfortunitly most of the folks here have no interest in conspiracies at all.

I think there are a lot of people interested in conspiracies here, actually I've never encountered so many gathered together in one place. Lots of people are interested mostly in the evidence for conspiracies, and I can't say on that front that what is usually provided is actually that good.  What exactly is the problem with disagreeing and rebutting points, isn't that exactly what pro-conspiracy people do also?

They are here to mock and ridicule folks who do like to talk about such things.

Ha, that's a funny one, would you like a mirror?  This from the guy who less than a week ago posted on the Alex Jones thread, "You are all a bunch of sadistic freaks making excuses, for the scum of the earth".  Stay consistent, preacher...

Actually, I would think that you would be free to create a thread topic and put in the OP that you don't want anyone to post any disagreement; I would think that would be consistent with the forum rules that require on-topic posting.  I personally would gladly avoid posting in such an echo chamber if that's the discussion you were looking to have.

"Talking about art is like dancing about architecture"
"The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time"
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
- Ziggy played guitar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users