Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

Obama: 'Give Peace a Chance'


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 14,465 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Obama: 'Give Peace a Chance'

President Barack Obama talked briefly about the Iran nuclear deal and said "give peace a chance." Via the pool report:

    Pres. Obama said the implementation agreement finalized over the weekend gives the parties "the time and space" to reach a comprehensive accord.

    "It's going to be difficult, it's going to be challenging, but ultimately this is how diplomacy should work."

    "If Iran is willing to walk through the door of opportunity that's presented to them" then the country and its people will benefit.

    "If they fail to walk through this door of opportunity, then we are in position to reverse the interim agreement and put in place additional pressure to make sure that Iran does not develop a nuclear weapon."

    "My preference is for peace and diplomacy, and this is one of the reasons why I've sent the message to Congress that now is not the time for us to impose new sanctions, now is the time for us to allow the diplomats and technical experts to do their work."

   "What we want to do is give diplomacy a chance, and give peace a chance."

LINK

No Traitor!  What we want to do is keep them from getting the bomb...you just gave it to them! Traitor!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#2    Beany

Beany

    Government Agent

  • 3,789 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

  • If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

We certainly know that war and violence is non-productive.


#3    andy4

andy4

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fl

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

View Postjoc, on 14 January 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Obama: 'Give Peace a Chance'

President Barack Obama talked briefly about the Iran nuclear deal and said "give peace a chance." Via the pool report:

    Pres. Obama said the implementation agreement finalized over the weekend gives the parties "the time and space" to reach a comprehensive accord.

    "It's going to be difficult, it's going to be challenging, but ultimately this is how diplomacy should work."

    "If Iran is willing to walk through the door of opportunity that's presented to them" then the country and its people will benefit.

    "If they fail to walk through this door of opportunity, then we are in position to reverse the interim agreement and put in place additional pressure to make sure that Iran does not develop a nuclear weapon."

    "My preference is for peace and diplomacy, and this is one of the reasons why I've sent the message to Congress that now is not the time for us to impose new sanctions, now is the time for us to allow the diplomats and technical experts to do their work."

   "What we want to do is give diplomacy a chance, and give peace a chance."

LINK

No Traitor!  What we want to do is keep them from getting the bomb...you just gave it to them! Traitor!

If you think he's a traitor, than what do you think we should do about Iran?

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,995 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

I guess instead of pursuing peaceful means to a resolution he should just start a war like our last president did.


#5    aztek

aztek

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,640 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

resolution of what???
iran will still enrich uranium like they want to usa is not able to do anything about it.
and form iran pov why should not they?? israel has one, and openly calls for war with iran, and their calls are lot more serious that blah blah of iranian former idiot president.

Edited by aztek, 14 January 2014 - 04:06 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#6    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,690 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

I don't want Iran to have a bomb either.

But we cant really stop them, short of going to war. And if we went to war it would only backfire on us and give the radicals more propaganda power, unless we stayed in the country for decades... And no one wants to do that.

Sanctions I feel only really hurts the general population, the rich dictators in charge are not going to be hurt by economic sanctions its the general population who really suffers. Also feeding to anti American sentiment I assume.

I feel the best thing to do would be just to do a small emptivie strike on the facilities if the situation gets dire. But Isreal will probably go ahead and do that at some point anyways.

Edited by spartan max2, 14 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#7    aztek

aztek

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,640 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

well pak has a bomb, supports terrorists, hid OBL, yet we have no problem with them having a  bomb

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    Mantis914

Mantis914

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lone Star State

  • You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostHilander, on 14 January 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I guess instead of pursuing peaceful means to a resolution he should just start a war like our last president did.
Peaceful means... just like he proposed for Syria with his "limited strike"... and the countless drone attacks which have killed innocent civilians.


#9    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 7,002 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Talking to each other can't hurt a thing.  Instead of the past idiotic " we don't negotiate with  "terrorists"   stance.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#10    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,821 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Given the current situation of the US as a result of wars. I don't think another war or more/continued military intervention in another country would do many favours for the US. I'd say more harm than good.


#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

People should watch this. Our foreign policy in a nut shell.....

Link: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=cpP7b2lUxVE

One of my favorite clips.

Edited by Kowalski, 15 January 2014 - 12:45 AM.


#12    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 14,465 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostHilander, on 14 January 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I guess instead of pursuing peaceful means to a resolution he should just start a war like our last president did.
If the last President had finished the war we wouldn't even be talking about a nuclear Iran...We'd be talking about a demilitarized Iraq and Afghanistan.
But that's okay...Iran with a nuclear arsenal IS world war three..come back and tell me how you like the new world Hilander, once that one starts.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#13    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 14,465 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

View Postlightly, on 14 January 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Talking to each other can't hurt a thing.  Instead of the past idiotic " we don't negotiate with  "terrorists"   stance.
Interesting...I believe Neville Chamberlain said the same exact thing about Hitler.

View PostOrcseeker, on 14 January 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Given the current situation of the US as a result of wars. I don't think another war or more/continued military intervention in another country would do many favours for the US. I'd say more harm than good.
Yes, like the entire world loves us now right?

View Postaztek, on 14 January 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

well pak has a bomb, supports terrorists, hid OBL, yet we have no problem with them having a  bomb
Pakistan isn't really threatening to destroy Israel..now are they?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#14    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Iran will have their bomb at the point they decide to assemble it.  The only way to even delay that is to attack their facilities with overwhelming force and really dismantle them.  This would lead to general war in the region and possibly the globe so it isn't going to be done.  With a bomb Iran becomes a Hegemon in the region and war between Iran and Israel will perpetually be a heartbeat away.  Bad situation and we will all pay $$$ for it in time.  This possibly could have been stopped with truly decisive sanctions that crushed Iran's economy and led the people to revolt but Obama has decided to take the easy way (so he thinks) and I believe it will backfire badly in time.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#15    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 14,465 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 14 January 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

I don't want Iran to have a bomb either.

But we cant really stop them, short of going to war. And if we went to war it would only backfire on us and give the radicals more propaganda power, unless we stayed in the country for decades... And no one wants to do that.

Sanctions I feel only really hurts the general population, the rich dictators in charge are not going to be hurt by economic sanctions its the general population who really suffers. Also feeding to anti American sentiment I assume.

I feel the best thing to do would be just to do a small emptivie strike on the facilities if the situation gets dire. But Isreal will probably go ahead and do that at some point anyways.
Really?  How about this approach.  Hey Iran...remember this?  Insert Shock and Awe video.  Open up all of your nuclear sites to all inspection or stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye....and if they don't...daisy cutter the hell out of them and see who comes to their side to fight...I don't think anyone will

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users