Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sword of Damocles

ambelamba

Sometimes, amazingly, idiots with too much power and prestige often get away with things without suffering the consequences.

Sword of Damocles is a philosophical concept and not a law of physics. But at least it helps us acting humble.

And those movers and shakers depicted in numerous conspiracy theories seem to have absolutely no concept of it.

We should be mindful that there's always a bigger fish out there. Humility is a life strategy based on vigilance. But amazingly, so many powerful people live without it at all.

I can just shake my head and walk away.

• 7 months later...

The Illuminati? Believe it.

Google it and you'll find that Wiki has a good article on them.

The Illuminati? Believe it.

Google it and you'll find that Wiki has a good article on them.

18th century freethinkers. A real sinister bunch.
  • Like 2

Sometimes, amazingly, idiots with too much power and prestige often get away with things without suffering the consequences.

Sword of Damocles is a philosophical concept and not a law of physics. But at least it helps us acting humble.

And those movers and shakers depicted in numerous conspiracy theories seem to have absolutely no concept of it.

We should be mindful that there's always a bigger fish out there. Humility is a life strategy based on vigilance. But amazingly, so many powerful people live without it at all.

I can just shake my head and walk away.

Seems that happens more often then not these days. Going back even just to the days of Nixon, folks like Clinton, Bush and 0bama would have been thrown in jail cells for the crimes they have commited. I think using the word illuminati, makes a joke about a very real problem of the wealthy and powerful that has become the new class of royalty. Its a out right shame we tolerate it, as though we have no choice.

Seems that happens more often then not these days. Going back even just to the days of Nixon, folks like Clinton, Bush and 0bama would have been thrown in jail cells for the crimes they have commited. I think using the word illuminati, makes a joke about a very real problem of the wealthy and powerful that has become the new class of royalty. Its a out right shame we tolerate it, as though we have no choice.

Hey, at least we agree on one thing.

I am a liberal, but I believe that 0bama is just a filler. Yeah that's right. He is placed in his seat and doing his given task. I don't know what his true duty is, but I have a feeling that he is simply paving a way for the true power, possibly the next president.

People are good only if the environments allow them to be. I've seen it everywhere.

• Like 1

Not meaning to poke fun, but the "Illuminati" was not an evil group planning to take over the world. I get such a kick out of this particular...never ending... conspiracy theory. "IF" they even actually existed, they were mostly scientists and scholars pushing back against the repression of knowledge by the church.

If I were going to pick a group to lay all the conspiracies on...well, it would be tough to pick just one. You have the "Bilderbergers"...Skull and Bones...Freemasons...the Bohemian Grove club....the list goes on and on. Heck, the "Hellfire" club of days gone by...maybe they are still conspiring too?

I have no doubt that there are organizations that want to profoundly change the world. Some are perhaps secretly conspiring...and then groups like ISIS/ISIL are up front and blatant about it. I'm sure to each and every person in these groups and organizations...their "vision" of the future is good and righteous. The billions of casualties is well worth it.

You cannot do anything about it though. Even if you knew absolutely, positively that some person was "Illuminati" and was conspiring to bring Ebola to all the civilized world...how would you prove it? You'd be put in a straight jacket and tossed in a padded cell.

I enjoy the thought games from conspiracy theories, but I don't take any of them too serious...it's a fun little "what if" game I play sometimes.

Heck, the name 'Illuminati' has been used and abused by many groups. One of my friend's friend runs a consulting firm named...guess what, Illuminati.