Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Human-Bigfoot War

joshua leflore human-bigfoot war monsters and mysteries in ame

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

So i was watching monsters and mysteries in america and they were talking about a "Human-Bigfoot War" which took place in Oklahoma and which i have never heard of. I know that Bigfoot's are intelligent creatures but a War between Humans(Native Americans)? I thought come on now that has to be Sci FYI.  I fired up the internet typed in Human-Bigfoot War and surprisingly i got results. And i even came across a name as well Joshua LeFlore. He supposedly lived and fought in the War around this time.

Has anyone else even heard of this Supposed War. I couldn't find much other than what was all ready said on the show based on the articles i have read.

#2    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,506 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Never heard of it, but seems Homo sapiens won out.

#3    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"
    www.realwerewolfhunters.com

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

I have heard several stories of violent interactions like the " Bigfoot war " . Calling it a  war is stretching things a bit with that story. ..same sort of skirmishs with " giants " was said to happen in the swamps of Georgia . I have heard that in the " headless valley"  there were also some battles ..
I know a lot of folks like to think of the big guy as a lovable Chewbacca like critter....but a few stories do suggest otherwise...

#4    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,393 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

It's bull they want to be left alone.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Amazing that such a "war" left zero evidence.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,233 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 15 January 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

So i was watching monsters and mysteries in america and they were talking about a "Human-Bigfoot War" which took place in Oklahoma and which i have never heard of. I know that Bigfoot's are intelligent creatures but a War between Humans(Native Americans)? I thought come on now that has to be Sci FYI.  I fired up the internet typed in Human-Bigfoot War and surprisingly i got results. And i even came across a name as well Joshua LeFlore. He supposedly lived and fought in the War around this time.

Has anyone else even heard of this Supposed War. I couldn't find much other than what was all ready said on the show based on the articles i have read.

See my bold above ^  And how do you know this for sure ? After all , we are talking about a mythical creature ....

#7    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

View Posttipotep, on 15 January 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

See my bold above ^  And how do you know this for sure ? After all , we are talking about a mythical creature ....

I don't know this for sure that is why i posted this on Unexplained Mysteries.

Edited by stevemagegod, 15 January 2014 - 05:10 AM.

#8    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

Sounds exciting, haven't heard about this one. Obviously I'm familiar with the skirmish at Ape Canyon, but no war. Reports however would present the hairy hominids of the Southeastern US as more aggressive.
I wish I could find the story I had read some years back about an Appalachian family who had an altercation with a family of "gorillas" who lived in the hills.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Throw in aliens, and you've got yourself a video game.

#10    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

My personal opinion is that the southern skunk ape is a completely different critter ...much smaller and meaner ...at least from the reports we have documented .

#11    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Hmm, yeah, No. Lets prove they exist first, by producing anything that even remotely resembles evidence. Then we can start talking about wars fought between native americans and big hairy ape men.

Mike

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostDougward5, on 15 January 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

My personal opinion is that the southern skunk ape is a completely different critter ...much smaller and meaner ...at least from the reports we have documented .
Sure it's not a hyrax?

#13    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,400 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Ah, the shade of hyrax-boy lingers still... :alien:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#14    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Lol not quite that small....

#15    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

This is a new one on me as well. While I have read about parties of men going on hunts for a creature and even a couple of supposed kills, an all out war I've never heard of before. Sounds more like something someone has pulled out of......the air to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users